PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The Patriots have just announced that Tom Brady will not return.

Last edited:
Obviously. Please dont let it be devastating.

Well, I kinda figured that. I am more concerned about next week. I think we can survive the season if he can get back by the first game after the bye.

No surprise.......

Am worried long term, no lie.

Well, I kinda figured that. I am more concerned about next week. I think we can survive the season if he can get back by the first game after the bye.
I think he's ok. I watched the play a number of times and it looked liked the Chief that hit him slid his helmet to his right, off the knee. He did not drive through the knee which would have totally blew it out. TB would have been done for the season if he had done that. I think he'll be back next week. I hope so, never want to see an injury, especially to one of the great stars of the league.

Last edited:
Let's hope it's not season-ending. If Brady is to miss a few games and maybe come back after the bye, then this could be a blessing in disguise. At times, I've often wondered how good the Patriots are minus #12. I've always figured them to still be a pretty solid team. If Cassell can come in and adequately run the offense and the defense can gel, they will be OK.

The worst thing about injuries to Pats players is we will not know until they do not play or are put on Ir how bad the injury is.

tackle from the ground should be banned, all they have to go for is the knees and below.

carson palmer says hello

differnt but the same

this thread deserves one star, but I gave it two because of the photo.

I think its fortunate we have an early bye this year. They will do what they need to do to get him back on the field by week 5.

For me I'm really proud of how I've handled this blow. If this were last year I'd be so depressed, dejected, etc. right now, but after losing the Superbowl I went through a lot of soul searching and decided that the level at which I had invested myself in to this team and this game was unhealthy. I mean after the Superbowl I felt like someone died.

Now of course I hope Tom will be Ok, but even if he can't come back this season I'm at peace with it. I'm even trying to mellow out on the teams and people I hate, like Peyton. I'm thinking of watching SNF tonight and just enjoying watching a talented player play.

Now, I still have some issues. Honestly I'm sick of hearing about Brett Favre, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop hating the Giants, but hey it's a work in progress.

double post, sorry the board is acting up for me.

Last edited:
For me I'm really proud of how I've handled this blow. If this were last year I'd be so depressed, dejected, etc. right now, but after losing the Superbowl I went through a lot of soul searching and decided that the level at which I had invested myself in to this team and this game was unhealthy. I mean after the Superbowl I felt like someone died.

Now of course I hope Tom will be Ok, but even if he can't come back this season I'm at peace with it. I'm even trying to mellow out on the teams and people I hate, like Peyton.

Now, I still have some issues. Honestly I'm sick of hearing about Brett Favre, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop hating the Giants, but hey it's a work in progress.

Great Post... You said it all.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0907/nfl_u_brady01_412.jpg

Here's the hit from another angle, also appears to be before Brady threw the football too. This one doesn't look as bad as the Boston.com angle. It appears thet the helmet hits the back of Brady's knee, bending the knee in a more natural postion as opposed to the angle in the other picture showing the knee bending sideways.

Last edited:
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0907/nfl_u_brady01_412.jpg

Here's the hit from another angle, also appears to be before Brady threw the football too. This one doesn't look as bad as the Boston.com angle. It appears thet the helmet hits the back of Brady's knee, bending the knee in a more natural postion as opposed to the angle in the other picture showing the knee bending sideways.

Wouldn't be surprised if it were a bad bruise or a pulled ligament. When the Bill's QB got hit last year, it looked a lot uglier, and IIRC, he was back in a few weeks.

No penalty - it wasnt a dirty play. sammy morris was on top of the chiefs player when he landed on toms leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back