PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady to flip coin at Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
I haven't seen it anywhere linkable, but on several message boards folks are saying the NFL announced that Tom Brady will flip the coin.

Not that I care one way or the other, but ummm... what's the deal with that?

Strange if true!

Why? Wouldn't they reserve that for when he retires and is a HOFer???

Seems werid to me.

No, the other boards just want brady there if there is going to be that terrorist attack that was reported earlier this week on this board... :D

Yea , that doesn't pass the 'what the F" test. It might be true. But why would they ask him and why would he accept if asked?

I dont think it's just him, I think all 39 super bowl mvp's will be on hand before the game, he wont be flipping the coin though..

I find it hard to believe, particularly since he hasn't had a lot of "luck" with refs and coin tosses in the past!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sean Pa Patriot said:
I dont think it's just him, I think all 39 super bowl mvp's will be on hand before the game, he wont be flipping the coin though..
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... that makes way more sense.

EDIT: Reiss is now reporting it with no mention of the other MVPs. I'm back to thinking this is strange.

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will participate in the coin toss prior to Super Bowl XL in Detroit, the league announced on the NFL Network today.

In announcing Brady's role with the coin toss, NFL officials noted he will become the first active, non-participating player to be involved with the coin toss.

With the Super Bowl being held in Detroit, it will be a homecomeing of sorts for Brady, who played at the University of Michigan.

Last edited:
I have no idea why I hate it, but I hate this. Maybe Brady just wants the same thing Bill wants. To see the Superbowl from the outside.. maybe as a reminder to what it feels like to be there as motivation for next season since they're not participating. It's still weird though.

Maybe Tom and Bill are secretly planning to gank the Lombardi while no one is looking?

So Brady and BB will both be at the Super Bowl. I guess it's just force of habit.

For some reason this makes me want to puke.

The key word here is "participating" in the coin flip. I think he'll be standing around with several others but not flipping the coin.

If he does any flipping, he should flip the ref's off.

The one positive about this stupid Super Bowl is that with Tommy coming back into town, we'll have some fun partying. It's quite odd that he's doing this. That guy resents losing more than I do.

Gotta agree with the majority. That'd be bizarre.

Did someone forget to tell him the Pats have been eliminated? Are the two QB's that are playing too ugly? I don't get it and I don't like it.

The key word here is "participating" in the coin flip. I think he'll be standing around with several others but not flipping the coin.
That's what I think too. If that's the case, I don't think it's a big deal. If they announce all the players that are involved, I'm sure Brady will get a loud welcome from the Steelers fans. :D

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
Maybe Tom and Bill are secretly planning to gank the Lombardi while no one is looking?

Technically they've still got it :D.

well

Here's to hoping that BB and TB will be at the superbowl next year, and have nothing to do with the festivities :eat2:

It's all marketing, that's it. Get as many names and faces as possible at Ford Field. The Super Bowl is getting too big for its britches.

If this is true,
Tommy has to be the most humble guy playing sports today!
I mean, 3 Superbowl rings and 2 Superbowl MVPs awards and the guy
is still willing to filp the coin. I love this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am OK with this ONLY if it involves EVERY Super Bowl MVP that is currently alive. If not, than I really don't like it and would rather see Steve Largent and Lynn Swann (2 of the best from SEA and PIT) do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back