PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady to Brandon Lloyd: A Concern..... or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll only be concerned if the Pats struggle to the move ball AND Lloyd is either invisible or putting up sub-par numbers. If that happens there's something wrong with our "system."

Last edited:
In 2007 Moss did not play in the preseason and there was even widespread speculation that he was a bust with the Pats and might be cut (go check out the archives on here if you want). We all laughed at my brother when he took him in our Fantasy Football draft, and he sat him Week One because noone even knew if he was going to play.

Moss came out and absolutely torched the Jets week one and never looked back (he scored at least two touchdowns, and maybe three, I can't remember). Is Lloyd Moss? No. Do the Pats have a history of keeping things close to the vest and looking kind of bad in the preseason? Yes. As someone above said, I will not start worrying about Lloyd yet, at least until Week 2.

I think everyone that went to camp saw what the two were capable of. I'm not too worried about preseason after the circus type catches in practice. Game on, let the season begin.

Last edited:
In 2007 Moss did not play in the preseason and there was even widespread speculation that he was a bust with the Pats and might be cut (go check out the archives on here if you want). We all laughed at my brother when he took him in our Fantasy Football draft, and he sat him Week One because noone even knew if he was going to play.

Moss came out and absolutely torched the Jets week one and never looked back (he scored at least two touchdowns, and maybe three, I can't remember). Is Lloyd Moss? No. Do the Pats have a history of keeping things close to the vest and looking kind of bad in the preseason? Yes. As someone above said, I will not start worrying about Lloyd yet, at least until Week 2.

Most years what happens in preseason is no indication of what will happen in the regular season, although I remember Gronk and Hernandez looked great in their first preseason and I remember all the pundits saying it doesnt mean a thing, lets see if they can do it in the regular season, and they did. I think Lloyd will be fine once they get a few snaps under their belt.

Last edited:
I'd think they would have had more preseason snaps together if the "connection" was a concern. I think Lloyd is on Brady's page and while it might not be seamless, it should be a much smoother transition than any recent receiver not named welker/moss.

My opinion, they would have kept Branch if there was any real concern.

Looks like a return to rediculous personnel moves. BB can drop 18+ mil in dead money on crap, but wants to cut Waters salary? Sometimes I think he's crazy. It appears that this team has one true weakness its the o-line. Hope this stupid decision dont cost another 3-4 point loss in a superbowl. Waters should have gotten a raise!!

Looks like a return to rediculous personnel moves. BB can drop 18+ mil in dead money on crap, but wants to cut Waters salary? Sometimes I think he's crazy. It appears that this team has one true weakness its the o-line. Hope this stupid decision dont cost another 3-4 point loss in a superbowl. Waters should have gotten a raise!!

The Waters complainers are spreading to other threads!:eek:

First, it's not a misconception that Brady forced it to Moss. It's a reality that Brady forced it to Moss.
Well we will just have to disagree on that.

Second, I don't think we have to use a different definition of "open" for Lloyd. Open is open and covered is covered. Brady will have to figure out what situations allow for him to throw to a covered Lloyd, just as he had to figure out what situations allowed for him to throw to a covered Moss.

Third, it's not my assumption that Lloyd doesn't get open, and that wasn't what I claimed. What I stated was "He doesn't get the kind of separation that Llends itself to such an approach", and it's Brady's words that I base that on:

I think we are really just saying the same thing but phrasing it differently.

Brady adjusting to Lloyd's unique skills[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

we have a thread for this crap...

Lloyd got rapped on a few plays in the pre season by defenders

Im not too concerned....lets remember, all the reports from training camp were that Brady-lloyd connected immediately and there were alot of deep circus like catches and he was hauling in everything coming his way.

the same wasnt to be said for Ocho...who as I remember reports were he was dropping alot of passes in TC

No one really had a good pre-season...welker, gronk, hernandez...so im not too worried

Okay, Okay...

After that first pass to Lloyd which was a little overthrown by Brady but could've been caught if Lloyd had adjusted properly, I thought the connection would never be.

He really showed up after that and made key catches that kept some drives going. They looked good out there. Can't wait to see whats in store this season, with a real "85" if I may add.

Okay, Okay...

After that first pass to Lloyd which was a little overthrown by Brady but could've been caught if Lloyd had adjusted properly, I thought the connection would never be.

He really showed up after that and made key catches that kept some drives going. They looked good out there. Can't wait to see whats in store this season, with a real "85" if I may add.

Not overthrown at all. As a QB, you know that help comes from the inside by means of the safety, so you always throw that ball to the outside shoulder...it would never be any different. Logic being if it is over thrown or slightly inaccurate, it's what you call a 'good miss'.

Lloyd looked over his inside shoulder which resulted in two things. One; he lost sight of the ball as Brady was putting it to his outside shoulder, as he was supposed to. Two; when you look inside, it restricts your route running ability. He should be fading slightly to the sideline and when you look inside, it drags you in as well as slowing you down.

Had Lloyd simply looked over the correct shoulder he would have been fine...if anything, the pass might have been under thrown if Lloyd was 'in stride'.

Other than that botched play, they were fine. He made up for it with that beautiful grab.

Last edited:
I thought that drop early was still an awesome play. Just another thing for defenses to worry about in comparison to last year at least.

Lloyd looked awesome out there and we already saw a beautiful circus catch.

A few more games and he's passed Chad's illustrious career in NE.

I presume the Cards will have PEterson on him next week.

Will be some battle.

Not overthrown at all. As a QB, you know that help comes from the inside by means of the safety, so you always throw that ball to the outside shoulder...it would never be any different. Logic being if it is over thrown or slightly inaccurate, it's what you call a 'good miss'.

Lloyd looked over his inside shoulder which resulted in two things. One; he lost sight of the ball as Brady was putting it to his outside shoulder, as he was supposed to. Two; when you look inside, it restricts your route running ability. He should be fading slightly to the sideline and when you look inside, it drags you in as well as slowing you down.

Had Lloyd simply looked over the correct shoulder he would have been fine...if anything, the pass might have been under thrown if Lloyd was 'in stride'.

Other than that botched play, they were fine. He made up for it with that beautiful grab.

If Lloyd had just kept running, it looks like he would have been under the ball and able to make the catch in stride. I am excited for the next time when he doesn't make the same mistake. Thought he looked good out there (except for that one play). I can't wait to see what he does at home next Sunday!

Go back to 2007. Add one part Randy Moss to two parts Stallworth and divide by 3 to figure on the output.

Lloyd will make some staggering sideline grabs, he'll also drop some passes. He has to be accounted for.

The Pats offense is like the concept of a triple threat in basketball (shoot, dribble, pass). The Pats will be so good at running, throwing short, medium, and long, the D's will be forced into a vanilla set and hope they have the athletes to do the job, or overload on some key guys. Lloyd is a key cog in all of that. Sit back and enjoy the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back