PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady to be a DADDY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, if it's a girl and they name it Bridgett, they will have a mini-me-coach, BB.

Perhaps we could move this discussion to the Pub before the trolls arrive with their well wishes.

Please excuse my ignorance. But what is a troll??????
Thanks for your patience.

I guess it would be a non-fan going to a fan board pretending to be one just to cause trouble. Or something like that.

This may be an issue for him, as having a child out of marriage will in all likelihood be an issue for him and his family.

This was my first thought too. He and his family are actively Catholic so having a kid out of wedlock might be somewhat of an issue.

I'm waiting for someone to do one of those Conan O'Brien facial mashups so we can see what this kid is going to look like.

some of the replys are down right stupid.

looks like most here think football players do not date,get married and make children.

the other half hope that he turn gay for some reason....

its just a very successful guy having a baby ...he is 30 and not 16 from some of the reply`s .Also, it was not even a goddamn 1 night stand .

Last edited:
This was my first thought too. He and his family are actively Catholic so having a kid out of wedlock might be somewhat of an issue.

Didn't his sister have one out of wedlock? I thought that I read that in one of the books.

He's an adult. As long as he is a good father (which I dont think will be a problem based on the way he carries himself) its not a big deal. People calling him stupid are just ignorant.

Even Superman fathered a kid and went away for 5 years before he knew it was his :)

If this is indeed true (though I hope it's not) then all the "Brady is gay" jokes are dead.

The Kraft's are not going to like that he is fathering a baby out of wedlock. These are not the type of players that the Patriots organization like to have on the roster. I expect him to be cut before training camp...

You know that it's the off season when a NEW YORK POST story gets 5 pages and counting that most posters already believing as true. Plus a story about a back-up WR who may be out all season because of a kind of vague story on the Internet gets about 15 pages or so.
These may or may not be true but you know its the off season, ain't it fun..

Last edited:
God, I hate the offseason :bricks:

Bridget's Rep just confirmed it with People Magazine too.

Exes Tom Brady, Bridget Moynahan Expecting a Baby
SUNDAY FEBRUARY 18, 2007 12:00 PM EST

By Liza Hamm and Stephen M. Silverman

Moynahan and Brady in 2005

Photo by: Robin Platzer / Twin Images

Though they split up last year, actress Bridget Moynahan and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady are expecting a baby together, Moynahan's rep confirmed to PEOPLE.

The pregnancy was first reported by the New York Post columnist Liz Smith. Moynahan, 35, who is over three months pregnant, is said to be "healthy and excited," the paper reports.

The actress, a former model who starred in the ABC drama Six Degrees, and the Patriots star quarterback, ended their three-year relationship at the end of last year.

Since then, Brady, 29, has been romancing Brazilian-born supermodel Gisele Bundchen, 26. The new couple started dating just before Christmas, a source tells PEOPLE.

This will be the first child for both the actress and the athlete.

Congratulations Tom!

This is one of only a few posts in this thread worth commenting on. Babies happen sometimes. There doesn't need to be a trap on her part or absenteeism on his. Sounds like he wants to be a part of the kid's life, so good for all three of them.

Obviously she stopped taking her protection - nothing dumb on Brady's part...how would he know that she set him up.

You are truly the scum of the earth.

Congrats! Maybe he will be the next Patriots QB in about 23 years. YAY!

*I'm a girl so I can giggle*

Tom Brady and Matt Leinart = DILFs!

Incredibly irresponsible on both their parts, to be so careless knowing full well that they were having "relationship problems". They're too focused on their careers to stay together but it's okay to have a child outside of the relationship. They've just condemned that child, before birth, to a home without both its biological parents. Irresponsible and selfish and I'm surprised by this because they both seemed to be sensible people. Also demonstrates the hypocrisy of "christians". All the baloney about being Catholic and meeting the pope while not adhering to the important principles of the religion. At least we can now end this silly talk about Brady entering politics after he's done with football. This also makes him much more tradable should his skills continue to decline this season.

Congrats! Maybe he will be the next Patriots QB in about 23 years. YAY!

*I'm a girl so I can giggle*

Tom Brady and Matt Leinart = DILFs!
Dudes? (I get the rest).

Incredibly irresponsible on both their parts, to be so careless knowing full well that they were having "relationship problems". They're too focused on their careers to stay together but it's okay to have a child outside of the relationship. They've just condemned that child, before birth, to a home without both its biological parents. Irresponsible and selfish and I'm surprised by this because they both seemed to be sensible people. Also demonstrates the hypocrisy of "christians". All the baloney about being Catholic and meeting the pope while not adhering to the important principles of the religion. At least we can now end this silly talk about Brady entering politics after he's done with football. This also makes him much more tradable should his skills continue to decline this season.

Tell us how you really feel.

Didn't his sister have one out of wedlock? I thought that I read that in one of the books.

With a black man IIRC (not that I think that's wrong, but a lot of people do), so the Brady family has been around this block before.

They should both be sentenced to wear hairshirts to bed from now on and as long as they live.

Wow. There's a new baby coming, and that has to be first and foremost. Here's to a healthy pregnancy and wee Brady.

As a fan I try to avoid threads about the personal lives of players. But, wow. I always kind of thought Tom might go into politics after his career - not sure how this would affect that. It happens, most of the time it's no one's fault, but it's not exactly role model behavior. Then again, the posts about it being a problem for Tom and his (Catholic) family are a bit hypocritical - I'm not one, but my understanding is no sex before marriage, and no birth control after. No one could have thought they were abstaining, so there should be no shock at this news.

Bottom line, I hope it is joyful for both of them, and I hope the child grows up healthy, happy, and loved by all.

Now, from the fan front - seems like if she is past the three month mark the baby would be born around during pre-season...not too bad from a timing front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes