PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady through 3 games: 79.5% Completion Rate, 10 TD's, 1 Int

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negative, under complete passer ratings for this week's games, his rating for this week is shown as 150.9.

OK--just to be clear:
Brady's passer rating today: 150.9
Brady's passer rating for the season: 141.8

Or, as opposing defensive coordinators would see it:
Brady's passer rating today: F#@&
Brady's passer rating for the season: Holy S#@)

I kinda disappointed. The offense has not improved one iota since game 1, just stays the same....

38 points every game. Sheesh. One could at least hope for some improvement....

I just did some quick math. Through 3 games, Tom Brady is now 70 for 88 on his passes (79.5%), for 887 yards, with 10 touchdowns and 1 interception. Though unlikely, Brady is on track for 53 touchdowns, 5 interceptions, and 4731 yards. He is pretty much unstoppable right now, a real-life videogame QB. QUOTE]

yeah, but if you gave Bledsoe this line and these receivers he'd do even better!!! :D

The record passer rating for the year is 129 (Manning, 2004).

The records for Completion % is 70.5 (K. Anderson, 1982).

Both seem reachable at this point :cool:

Let's not puff up Manning's stats on a Pats message board. His rating was actually 121

All of this is insane, this team is the best I have seen..

Yup, the best 3-game season team ever!! Hey, hold on to your Gieko pal! It's just waaayyyyy too early to even think in those terms!

What makes this team so great? That not one of them is beyond the coaches critism. When asked in his post game presser today BB was asked to comment on Tom Brady's unreal numbers in the first 3 games. BB said he was wants Tom to take care of that ball better and went on to say that Tom did leave some plays out there that he would want back. There is no kissing his QB's butt, gushing about his HOF QB, or any uncontrolable admiration. Nope! If BB can call out Brady, than he can call out anyone. I really believe he means it, but he also stages some of this. No one player is beyond being called out and BB uses Brady, his best player, hardest worker as an example to all of them. Brady does not have any issues with this and checks his ego at the door. He truly respects and admires BB and takes his critism to heart. At the end of the day, Tom Brady plays like a HOFer, but acts like a 6th round draft pick. Damned, how did the Patriots get so damned lucky, blessed to have this kid!?!!? I bet BB and Bob Kraft ask themselves that every single day!

That is what makes this team so great! Any other coach in this NFL would be gushing over their QB with the numbers Tom has to date. But not BB, he finds a fault and goes right to it. I love this team. I love BB and I love Tom Brady. They are truly winners!

Last edited:
I just did some quick math. Through 3 games, Tom Brady is now 70 for 88 on his passes (79.5%), for 887 yards, with 10 touchdowns and 1 interception. Though unlikely, Brady is on track for 53 touchdowns, 5 interceptions, and 4731 yards. He is pretty much unstoppable right now, a real-life videogame QB. In other news, Randy Moss is also on pace for a record-breaking year (2149 yards, 27 touchdowns).

Now that he finally has weapons, Brady's year right now adds more fuel to the fire around the Brady vs. Manning debate.

Wouldn't it be nice to go into Indy in November and show Peyton what a "laser/rocket arm" can really do:D

But right now, my focus is on Cincinnati...;)

That's a great point. Brady only played 3 quarters in each of the past 2 games. He hasn't pulled a Manning and tried to stay in and run up the score just to pad his TD stats.

No, that's a Manning and Mr. sportman Dungy specialty

Yup, the guy won three superbowls throwing to "very good" at best receivers and now he has legit weapons. All of the statistical comparisons between Manning and Brady prior to this season were based on two guys with a wide gap in the talent of who they were throwing to.

The only thing that worried me going into this season was the fact that Moss and Welker were brand new Patriots, while Manning has been playing with Harrison & Wayne for a while. But with the way Brady is throwing it these guys look like they've been working together for several years.

If Brady can finish this season anywhere close to some of Peyton's seasons, I think a serious argument can be made that Brady is a better QB. Peyton has had a stacked offense with Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and Edge/Addai for pretty much his entire career.

Think about this people.
Most likely you will never live long enough to see the likes of a Tom Brady again on a team that you love. Enjoy it now. Treasure each game. This is huge.

Mvp!!!.....mvp!!!......mvp!!!......mvp!!!

How spectacular have these past 3 games been?

These are Brady's career passer ratings:

At end of 2006 regular season: 88.4
After Week 1: 88.9
After Week 2: 89.3
After Week 3: 89.9

I believe that Brady will be the runaway MVP this year. Someone said something about how we have only been playing 3 qtrs per game. In today's game, it was more like 1.5-2 qtrs. In the 1st Qtr, we just didn't show up like we have. We really turned it on mid way through the 2nd and rolled in the 3rd. So, in my book, about 1.5 qtrs to dispatch the Bills.

The other thing I want to correct - the O didn't score 38 in weeks one and two. They scored 31 and the other score came from a Kick Return and an INT TD Return. So, the O actually did improve today by a score.

Oh, and Gost actually hit a FG without any of the prior drama.

BTW - I also picked up Brady in my FFL in the 2nd round. But, my steal of the draft was Welker in the 10th round. The other guys in my Northern Virginia area FFL said "Who?" When will they learn not to doubt me?

I like the 3 wins myself :D

Anyone here want to try to defend Manning, or comment on the Brady v Manning debate?

Most HOF QB's seem to put together at least one MVP season. Hopefully, this is it for TB. Still, let's just take it one week at a time. It's a long, long season.

If Brady can finish this season anywhere close to some of Peyton's seasons, I think a serious argument can be made that Brady is a better QB. Peyton has had a stacked offense with Harrison, Wayne, Clark, and Edge/Addai for pretty much his entire career.

not to mention is consistent OL and the Dome! :)

UPDATE

After 7 games, Tom Brady's projection:
73.8% completion percentage
4858 Yards
62 Touchdowns
5 Interceptions
QB Rating 137.9

Moss's project after 7 games:
1673 Yards
101 Receptions
23 Touchdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back