Tom Brady records this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
If he stays healthy and the line stays healthy i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that tom may eclipse some records this year. Looks like we may need to score more earlier in the year when the weather is better anyways to give the defense some time to catch up.

Entering 2010, Brady’s touchdown-to-interception ratio (2.27) is the best in NFL history among all players with 2,000 or more passing attempts.

Touchdown to Int ratio: 2.27 - best in NFL history.

Most passes in a season ... 50.

Highest TD/Int ratio ... +42

Most games with 3 TD passes ... 12

Most touchdown passes in a month (20 in October 2007)

Highest completion percentage in a game (92.9 percent on 1-12-2008)

Brady’s 117.2 passer rating in 2007 was the second highest of all-time.

Brady's 4,806 passing yards were the third highest single-season total in league history.

Brady / Randy Moss - NFL single-season record in 2007 for most TD passes between a passer and a receiver (23).

Patriots franchise records:

Highest completion percentage in a season (68.9 percent).

Most passing yards in a season (4,806).

Highest passer rating in a season (117.2).

Highest passer rating in a game (158.3 on Oct. 21, 2007).

Lowest interception percentage in a season (1.4 percent).

Most touchdown passes in a game (6 on Oct. 21, 2007).

Patriots’ establishment of several NFL single-season team records:

Most points scored in a season (589).

Largest point differential in a season (+315).

Most touchdowns in a season (75)

More here: Tom Brady - Official New England Patriots Biography

Brady is a great QB and it bothers me that many consider Brees to be the better QB right now. Drew Brees is not the better QB in my opinion... Yeah he had a great season and won the superbowl but I bet that if Brady didn't get injured in 2008 he would have put up huge numbers that year and last year. This year he will go out there and show everybody who's boss.

I'm going to guess that Brady will throw at least the upper 30's for TDs this year and probably 10 or 11 interceptions. If the running game can help bring him down field then I think he could even hit 40 TD's. There are so many talented players that Brady has to pass to that he should have a great year.

Last edited:
I just smoked so really good bud... and I dazed out for a second to let myself slip into a world where these projections come true (such as 50 TDS! :eek:)

It was nice... REALLY nice... while I let myself stay in that small, temporary, euphoric, place.

But once I realized I was/am high, I started laughing at myself.

Sort of reminded me of how I feel after I buy a power-ball ticket... It's nice to dream. :)

2010 Patriot Franchise Milestones

PASSING

Tom Brady holds nearly every Patriot passing record, but there is one more that can be added to the list this year. Brady (4218) is exactly 300 pass attempts behind Drew Bledsoe's career record. That's less than 20 attempts per game, so Brady should be able to pass Bledsoe for that mark.

2010 Patriot NFL Milestones

TOM BRADY

Passes Completed: Brady ranks 23rd with 2,672, and could become the 13th player with 3,000 - though Donovan McNabb (2801) and Drew Brees (2697) might get there before he does.

Passing Yards: Brady is 31st with 30,844 yards right now. He could move up to 15th (Jim Kelly, 35,467) with a season comparable to last year.

Passing Touchdowns: With 225 Brady currently ranks 21st in NFL history on this list. He needs to throw 36 touchdowns to move into the top ten. Expect the focus on passing touchdowns to be on two other players this year though: Brett Favre needs to throw just three to be the first to reach 500, and Peyton Manning needs to throw 34 to be the third player to throw for 400.

Highest TD/Int ratio ... +42

<mathwonk>Minor point, but that's differential, not ratio.</mathwonk> :)

In any case, though, that I find almost more amazing than the 50 TDs.

I just want to see him tie the record for most Super Bowl wins by a QB with 4....

I just want to see him tie the record for most Super Bowl wins by a QB with 4....

Same here.

I read somewhere else that Brady this year faces the toughest pass defense in the entire league. It may affect his stats when we compare him to Bree, who gets a pretty schedule. While, I am not saying that Brady won't put up great numbers.

Same here.

I read somewhere else that Brady this year faces the toughest pass defense in the entire league. It may affect his stats when we compare him to Bree, who gets a pretty schedule. While, I am not saying that Brady won't put up great numbers.
Brady will play one of his best offensive years this season. It doesn't need to be as good as 2007 and I'm hoping for more balance in the play calling.

Mark it down.

Same here.

It was last year that he faced the toughest pass defense in the league, since '93 actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes