PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiger woods is the greatest Golfer who has ever lived or will ever live.

Brady is one of the greatest QBs who has ever lived or will ever live.

I can see where the poll is coming from, though. Tiger woods is probably the most dominant athlete, in his sport, that has ever lived. From 1999-2006 no one could get even close to him in the major tournaments. He was destroying the field like no one ever had seen before and no one will likely see again.

Brady has had the greatest season a QB has ever had, but he hasn't played so far ahead of every other QB in the NFL since he first started in 01. He has been great, but I don't think he has been as dominant as Tiger.

Tiger is as hyped as one can be. All HYPE, I repeat, ALL HYPE

This post is all stupid.

Michelle Wie is all hype.

Tiger? Greatest golfer of all-time, and when he hangs 'em up no one will be close to him.

Seriously, it's golf fer cry'n out loud!!!

Football is a real sport, not a stroll in the park. Tiger Woods is the best golfer who ever played the game, but he could win every single golf tournament he ever played and I would still give the punter on the worst team to win the Super Bowl more credit for playing a real sport.

Who is more dominant? Tom Brady, of course.

Well, I guess someone doesn't play golf. Right now, sitting on my couch, I'm a lot closer to being an NFL punter than I am to being a pro golfer.

No, golf has no collisions, but it requires way more skill. A golfer can't get by on pure athleticism, and there's no one to bail a golfer out if he makes a bad shot.

Team Player vs. Individual....Dumb Poll...Tiger more dominant anyway

Megadittos.. this comparison is like raisins and grapefruit...

You can't really compare team sports and individual sports, but both are absolutely dominant in their own domain. Tiger's unbelievable though, so my vote would go to him as well.

If you think it makes sense to compare an individual athlete to someone who plays a team sport, than I would agree that Tiger Woods is "more dominant". But really, football is probably the LAST sport you should be comparing to individual athletic accomplishment. There are more players on the field at any one time than any other sport, and each position requires a vastly different skillset, not to mention individuals are only on the field half the time. It might be more fair to compare something like basketball, where a Jordan-type player can completely take over a game. But to compare a solo athlete to someone who plays the ultimate TEAM sport is ridiculous.

I agree with this, pretty much. If you take away the double digit majors and the 62 championships, you really see how hyped he is. If you take away the golf, he's definitely overhyped.

Smoke and mirrors really. Can't believe all the idiots who fall for it.

Sorry but I disagree. Take away all that AND his trophy wife and the mega yacht. THEN he's all hype, no substance ;)

give some props to Brady on ESPN's poll: "Who is more dominant, Tom Brady or Tiger Woods?" Brady's getting smoked right now.

http://espn.go.com/

It's not a fair comparison, Tom Brady plays in a team sport. Tiger Woods is the most dominant individual athlete right now in all of sports, maybe putting aside Federer who plays a sport that the public has lost enthusiasm for (if a tree falls on a men's US open tennis court, did anybody hear it?).

Brady is the most dominant player in a team sport. To compare the two doesn't make any sense, but not much ESPN does makes any sense.

Last edited:
well nobody is really close to Tiger, Peyton is at least close to Brady, or better, but the fact that Brady/Peyton is arguable means that it's a dumb poll question

Peyton is at least as close to Brady? WTF?

Peyton: 31 TDs, 14 INTs, 4040 yards, 98.0 rating, season ended in a shocker in their first playoff game.

Brady: 50 TDs, 8 INTs, 4800+ yards, 117.2 rating, greatest season in QB history, has a chance to lead team to 19-0.

How is Peyton even close to Brady right now? I'll admit Peyton is the second best QB in the league, easily, but in the 2007 season, it's not even a comparison. Peyton's not even close this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back