PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady on steroids fake broadcast not funny with Patriots FO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Opie and Anthony were funny?

Me neither.

You don't go to CNN for **** jokes, and you don't go to Opie and Anthony for news. this is a non story and the Patriots should treat it as such.

It may be in poor taste, but I find that hilarious.

The only time Brady uses a performance enhancing drug is right after he makes the redeye from NE w/ Gisele to the west coast and Bridget.

You don't go to CNN for **** jokes, and you don't go to Opie and Anthony for news. this is a non story and the Patriots should treat it as such.

Apparently the team got a lot of calls asking about the story, so it sounds like plenty of people fell for it. Maybe Brady got a lot of calls about it as well, and that I would imagine would piss everyone off too.

Apparently the team got a lot of calls asking about the story, so it sounds like plenty of people fell for it. Maybe Brady got a lot of calls about it as well, and that I would imagine would piss everyone off too.

It's Opie and Anthony! Anyone with half a brain should know to check their sources on something like that. My friend actually called me about this "rumor" yesterday and I checked here and Patriotsplanet, saw nothing, and knew it was BS.

It's Opie and Anthony! Anyone with half a brain should know to check their sources on something like that. My friend actually called me about this "rumor" yesterday and I checked here and Patriotsplanet, saw nothing, and knew it was BS.

Hey I know, but it's the kind of rumor that flies all over the internet without people knowing what the original source was. I saw some blog posts mention it without any idea that O&A was the 'source'.

Rumors just spread so fast in this day and age.

Yep, you checked here and saw nothing...not because nobody fell for it but because all the alarmist threads started by people who fell for it were deleted!

- your friendly neighborhood mods :)

Did anyone ever hear of the 1930s "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast?

When did reporting fake stories qualify as comedy ?

No wonder their ratings suck.

I'm a huge O&A fan, and personally I found it hilarious. I can understand why Brady and the Pats didn't find it funny though. But yeah, it's just a joke.

Last edited:
I actually was scanning though the dial in the car and heard the tail end of the story and felt that pit in my stomach, immediately went to EEI & ESPN and heard nothing mentioned. Wasn't until I logged on here and to Reiss, and saw no mention that I finally relaxed.

Yeah, I saw this story mentioned in a chat with Christopher Gaspar and then I googled it. I quickly saw it was a stupid joke and not even funny.

These guys should be fired. I have no idea why they still have jobs.
Not even counting the fake Brady story, what is funny about reporting Mayor Menino dead, or encouraging people to have sex in a cathedral??

I dunno, when I listen to Menino speak I sometimes wonder if they were right.

People need to stop being so stupid. If you believe anything O&A says, you're an idiot. If you place any value in a news story without checking the source, you're still an idiot.

WTF listens to these 2 wannabe ******s?

Anyone with any taste listens to the original, Howard Stern

It's Opie and Anthony! Anyone with half a brain should know to check their sources on something like that.
That's the problem. People are checking. People are calling the Pats to check on it, and the Pats aren't happy.

Besides, not everyone in the world has heard of opie and ANthony. And the fact that lots of people thought it was real is a problem.

And not being true is irrelevant to a rumor or a perception. There are a lot of things about the Pats that aren't true right now being reported on ESPN every day.

It is just not funny. it ilikley intended to cause problems,sow confusion,and eventually publicity for themselves.
But any company that hires clowns like these deserves whatever heat they get.
These guys are known for being seriously low end.

Funny?
Funny is learning that Irsay's hero is Willie Wonka.

That is also true.
Which makes it more funny.
So do a Willie Wonka song but insert
"Peyton Manning" in the lyrics.

Their other "funny" moments include announcing Mayor Menino's death over the Boston airwaves (which got them fired), and offering prizes to people who will go out and do things like have sex in St. Patrick's Cathedral (which also got them fired).

It's that Tom Green brand of humor...'I'll offend you, insult you or annoy the f***ing hell out of you'... you've got to be missing a chromosome to find that funny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back