PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady, NFLPA Granted 14-Day Extension To File Motion For Rehearing By Second Circuit Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised.
No surprise. Routine.
Olson pointed out that Brady wasn't due to start his suspension until September, so the two extra weeks wouldn't be a de facto stay of the penalty. He also pointed out that he had to consult with the Player Reps of the 32 teams before determining his course of action.
It would have been surprising if they had turned it down.

Dan Werly ‏@WerlySportsLaw 8m8 minutes agoAugusta, GA
Why this helps Brady: Buys more time for 8th Circuit Peterson decision. If AP wins, Brady has better chance for en banc rehearing & SCOTUS.

Good point, but I'm not sure that the conclusion is cut and dry.

An en banc hearing could cut both ways.

But, if the Circuits are already split, Olson might decide to gamble and appeal directly to the Supreme Court rather than risk an en banc ruling against his client in a New York court...remember, he's already behind 2--1.

It's a gamble. In the end, I'd bet that he'd ask for the en banc hearing. But, it's unlikely that the highly prestigious Second Circuit would be swayed by a ruling from Minnesota.

I am still laughing at the NFL forgetting to sign their filed paperwork last summer when they picked Berman;s court.

They were so in a hurry to file and beat the NFLPA to Minny with Judge Doty, they arrogantly forgot to sign their own paperwork for Berman.

LMAO

If that doesn't further support their arrogance and sloppiness with his framejob, thinking they wouldn't be in this position being called out by Brady/NFLPA, and yes, to some extent NOW, Bob Kraft, they were sorely mistaken.

Brady will never be suspended and the owners would be morons NOT to scapegoat Goodell, fire him and go in with a clean slate before the next CBA is due in 2020.

Barring Goodell having photos on all 31 owners and maybe some Packers fans (lmao again), what on earth are they doing? The guy is a known liar, caught numerous times, which compromises the commissioner's position.

He's a silver spooned loser who has never gotten a job on his own in his life and he's now power drunk beyond belief.

Fantasy football and ratings were up WELL before 2006 when he arrived, so he's done very little as the figurehead. In fact, he failed badly in finalizing the CBA. Kraft had to do it.

I'll say this, I'd hate to see the even WORSE deal Goodell was trying to serve up the NFLPA before Kraft stepped in.

Just pathetic, as is his long hugs on draft night on that stage with new union members.

One thing I've never been completely clear on is exactly who is Kessler et al's client.

Put another way, if the interests of Brady and the NFLPA diverge, who is Kessler et al going to be arguing for?

One thing I've never been completely clear on is exactly who is Kessler et al's client.

Put another way, if the interests of Brady and the NFLPA diverge, who is Kessler et al going to be arguing for?

Kessler works for the NFLPA. Brady has his own representation and the Pats have theirs, but technically they could all work with one another on something deeper, like a defamation suit.

And the Pats are still docked two draft picks for a non-offense?

Maybe that isn't the top concern for Brady, but those picks need to be returned too.

That #1 this year could have been used to protect Brady's blind side.

**** the NFL* !

The draft already came and went. Goodell himself could admit tomorrow that the entire thing was made up, and it wouldn't matter. The picks (or at least the one that I really cared about) are gone.

The single greatest item bearing on the truth in this matter is the science, not Bradys phone, which the league got complete access to the records from it. And as far as Bradys value goes he dropped 2,000 places in the rankings of celebrity value for advertising according to a Globe article last year. Brady has a strong defamation suit the only question is whether or not he wants to spend the rest of his career in court

Utter nonsense that the league got all relevant data from the relevant phone. You are mistaken.

And there is no "science" here. There is a law of science that is relevant to this case but the inputs to that law are unknown in this case.

The draft already came and went. Goodell himself could admit tomorrow that the entire thing was made up, and it wouldn't matter. The picks (or at least the one that I really cared about) are gone.

The can take them, and they can give them. Why can't the Pats be given a makeup pick next year?

And there is no "science" here. There is a law of science that is relevant to this case but the inputs to that law are unknown in this case.

The NFL's own bought-and-paid-for consultants, who made anti-NE assumptions whenever there was ambiguity in inputs, calculated that at most 0.2 PSI was unaccounted for by physics. In other words, no human did anything to those balls.

The NFL's own bought-and-paid-for consultants, who made anti-NE assumptions whenever there was ambiguity in inputs, calculated that at most 0.2 PSI was unaccounted for by physics. In other words, no human did anything to those balls.

On some balls, the difference is more than 0.5 psi. Still, a small amount. Such a small amount, in my opinion, that it is unlikely that they were tampered with. But far from proof that they were not tampered with.

On some balls, the difference is more than 0.5 psi. Still, a small amount. Such a small amount, in my opinion, that it is unlikely that they were tampered with. But far from proof that they were not tampered with.
Then who tampered with the Colts' balls?

Utter nonsense that the league got all relevant data from the relevant phone. You are mistaken.

Brady's team turned over all of the messaging from his phone and the idea that science wasn't the central to finding the truth in this case is the "utter nonsense." Anyone who lives in cold weather can tell you that air pressure drops in cold weather, and that's if they don't even know anything about the IGL. The NFL deliberately hired a firm to screw with the scientific results because they knew actual science would debunk their entire case, and nothing is more relevant to the truth than that.

well, using YOUR own logic, it's far from proof that they WERE tampered with. Seems YOU are on the Josef Stalin side of the argument.

The balls measured as expected which has been explained time and time and time and time again on this site and by many renowned scholars. Naturally, there was some variance with the balls because it was raining. If that was not the case, it would have been suspicious. Exponent used some bizarre/flawed logic to show the balls a few tenths below. Many scientists and others have pointed this out and found the balls to be in line. This does not rule out any tampering as it is possible a couple tenths could have been removed because there are variables, but that would also be true if all the balls measured at 12.5 in a 70 degree dome. The fact is based on the measurements of the balls, there is absolutely no reason to believe the balls were tampered with.

Kessler is a representative of the union.

Nobody. The Colts' balls were within range of the Exponent experiments.

They only measured 4 balls and the colts balls had at least 10 minutes in room tempature to get back to equilibrium.

And guess what 3 of the 4 were under 12.5. Which the steel minded Waly Anderson said were 13.0 when he measured them pregame

Brady's team turned over all of the messaging from his phone and the idea that science wasn't the central to finding the truth in this case is the "utter nonsense." Anyone who lives in cold weather can tell you that air pressure drops in cold weather, and that's if they don't even know anything about the IGL. The NFL deliberately hired a firm to screw with the scientific results because they knew actual science would debunk their entire case, and nothing is more relevant to the truth than that.

Your post suggests you are unfamiliar with the facts. There were several phones. No texts or emails were provided from the phone that was most relevant (active during the entire 2014 season, including the AFCCG). If you can show me something that controverts that, I would be very interested to see it.

And if the "actual science" would debunk the case, why is it that this science has never been presented?? Certainly the Patriots and/or Brady have the means to fund an experiment that would support their views. I have seen the various reports and presentations that criticize the Exponent methodology, but I have yet to see any "real science" that proves, or even supports, the notion that nothing was done to the balls. For example, I have seen nothing that says, "ok here is the proper way to conduct the experiment, and here we conducted the experiment, and here are the results, and look they show that nothing was done to the Patriots' balls." If you are privy to such "actual science," please provide a link to same. If you are not, then stop suggesting that it exists.

well, using YOUR own logic, it's far from proof that they WERE tampered with. Seems YOU are on the Josef Stalin side of the argument.

Sir, my position is that there is no scientific proof of tampering or non-tampering. The Wells Report, rightly, did not rely on it. Yet now we have posters arguing that this terribly flawed evidence is somehow proof of no tampering. Makes no sense to me.

stop suggesting Exponent's "actual science" proves something WAS done to the balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back