PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady needs to develop faith in the Defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betterthanmost

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I know what we have on defense, they don't get off the field against QBs who can throw, they don't stop a lot of teams, but they make plays when our backs are against the wall.
I feel Brady's play this season has been predicated on his lack of belief in the defense. He feels and believes that if he does not do it all, the team loses.
He has taken risks that have paid off but for this last game, I wish he will be rather cautious than Favre-like.
If he can get into the line of thinking in believing in the team as the Defense does with the team, his play will improve against tough defense.
The going gets tough and the defense comes up big so I am pleading that someone sit Brady down and get him to just Believe!

I know what we have on defense, they don't get off the field against QBs who can throw, they don't stop a lot of teams, but they make plays when our backs are against the wall.
I feel Brady's play this season has been predicated on his lack of belief in the defense. He feels and believes that if he does not do it all, the team loses.
He has taken risks that have paid off but for this last game, I wish he will be rather cautious than Favre-like.
If he can get into the line of thinking in believing in the team as the Defense does with the team, his play will improve against tough defense.
The going gets tough and the defense comes up big so I am pleading that someone sit Brady down and get him to just Believe!

I'm pretty sure he does. He's concerned with his own play not his defense's play. And the Patriots do stop teams. They're one of the best at it. You are making assumptions.

I am willing to be he has more faith in our defense, than the average poster at patfans.com

defense gave him plenty to work with

If he was concerned about the D, he wouldn't have thrown 2 picks yesterday.

Yeah, I know it doesn't make much sense, but I thibk Brady is trying on every single series to get as far down the field as possible and not leave his defense in a bad spot. Even if we have the Ravens/49ers D, he'd be pretty muc hthe same way.

Brady needs to worry about making good decisions, period. He's got to get his emotions under control in the Super Bowl or we'll see the same thing we saw today.

I think I'm pretty good with the way things have been going.

I have a different school of thought and that it is Brady who is a little bit too confident in the offense's abilities and not taking what the defense is giving him.

Overall, I'm not going to go too hard on Brady today. He's had not-so-good playoff performances before (see SD in 06) and the team, because of the defense has bailed him out. Sometimes great QBs have bad playoff games vs very good defenses. It happens.

My only gripe (besides the bomb to Slater) was that it seemed that he checked out of too many running plays and decided that there were better opportunities for plays in the passing game (matchups, etc.). But on the other hand, they did run it 31 times w/ 25 of the carries going to someone other than TB for a almost 4yds per carry so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

Just seemed like there were a few more moments in the game where the run seemed to be a better option for the offense and for Brady.

Anyone else have the same perception?

Last edited:
In two weeks, what Brady needs to do is play better than he did yesterday. I look forward to it

I don't know how much faith he does have in this defense.

What I do know is, with a 3 point lead and 6 minutes to go to go for gold on the first play is stupid. Not only did we want points, but the Ravens were moving it all day the Patriots needed to take some time off the clock. Brady panicked and went for the endzone, with 6 minutes left. I'm cool with the way things are going, but that gunslinger **** better be a one time thing.....That was so un-Brady like.

Last edited:

Are you sure you know what we have on defense?

I have a different school of thought and that it is Brady who is a little bit too confident in the offense's abilities and not taking what the defense is giving him.

Just seemed like there were a few more moments in the game where the run seemed to be a better option for the offense and for Brady.

"If we ain't throwin', we ain't goin'!"

Sound familiar?

Overall, I'm not going to go too hard on Brady today. He's had not-so-good playoff performances before (see SD in 06) and the team, because of the defense has bailed him out. Sometimes great QBs have bad playoff games vs very good defenses. It happens.

My only gripe (besides the bomb to Slater) was that it seemed that he checked out of too many running plays and decided that there were better opportunities for plays in the passing game (matchups, etc.). But on the other hand, they did run it 31 times w/ 25 of the carries going to someone other than TB for a almost 4yds per carry so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

When did he check out of running plays?
We ran 31 times. The reason we ran successful was we ran into nickel and at Ray Lewis who belongs in a rocking chair.

The D saved their ass yesterday. Faith has been restored!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down