PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady & Movado watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginachen

On the Roster
Reaction score
* That oh-so-chic Movado watches has signed New England Patriots QB/QT Tom Brady to be its new spokestud.

I don't know a thing about Movado, or anything 'designer' for that matter. What's the scoop on Movado watches? Is this a 'metro' watch, or what?

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
I don't know a thing about Movado, or anything 'designer' for that matter. What's the scoop on Movado watches? Is this a 'metro' watch, or what?
I've owned a few Movados for years now, the first gift I ever bought my wife when we were dating was a Movado. They're high quality, classic watches, and rugged as hell. The crystal is White Saphire, not 'saphrex' and they virtually do not scratch (since saphire is only one notch down on the hardness scale from diamond). My favorite one is about ten years old, the stainless steel bezel around the face is scratched to hell, but not a single scratch on the crystal.

Another jeweler I worked with had the same watch, and lost a pin in the band while riding on the back of a motorcycle.. fell off his wrist onto the highway doing 65mph, they went back to get it and there was nothing but a few scratches on the band. :)

Edit: Geeze now that I'm thinking about it... classic and rugged... Tom Brady is the perfect fit for that. :D

Last edited:
Tom Brady drives a Bentley from what I understand, which is a truly classic and rugged HAND-BUILT automobile. I guess this watch is right up his alley.

Grey Poupon, we have found your coverboy!

Last edited by a moderator:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
I've owned a few Movados for years now, the first gift I ever bought my wife when we were dating was a Movado. They're high quality, classic watches, and rugged as hell. The crystal is White Saphire, not 'saphrex' and they virtually do not scratch (since saphire is only one notch down on the hardness scale from diamond). My favorite one is about ten years old, the stainless steel bezel around the face is scratched to hell, but not a single scratch on the crystal.

Another jeweler I worked with had the same watch, and lost a pin in the band while riding on the back of a motorcycle.. fell off his wrist onto the highway doing 65mph, they went back to get it and there was nothing but a few scratches on the band. :)

Edit: Geeze now that I'm thinking about it... classic and rugged... Tom Brady is the perfect fit for that. :D

I had the exact opposite experience with Movado. It mainly sat in my drawer for over a year when I wanted to wear it I noticed the battery had run out. Took it to the jewler and he showed me the battery was fine the stem had become "disconnected" from sitting in a drawer? They sent it out and Movado wanted $185 to repair it. I told them no. The jewler was floored and said, "But it is a $$$$ watch and its only $185 to fix it." I told him exactly it is a $$$$ watch that will sit in my drawer and will never buy another one, peice of crap.

It is the Manning watch to me, looks good stays shiny but has internal flaws that result in it not working when you need it.

I have now moved onto TAG Heuer. Great watches, Tom should have endorsed these...solid, quality and chicks dig them (much more than Movados) I bought another one this week that I have wanted for awhile.

pats-blue said:
I had the exact opposite experience with Movado. It mainly sat in my drawer for over a year when I wanted to wear it I noticed the battery had run out. Took it to the jewler and he showed me the battery was fine the stem had become "disconnected" from sitting in a drawer? They sent it out and Movado wanted $185 to repair it. I told them no. The jewler was floored and said, "But it is a $$$$ watch and its only $185 to fix it." I told him exactly it is a $$$$ watch that will sit in my drawer and will never buy another one, peice of crap.

It is the Manning watch to me, looks good stays shiny but has internal flaws that result in it not working when you need it.

I have now moved onto TAG Heuer. Great watches, Tom should have endorsed these...solid, quality and chicks dig them (much more than Movados) I bought another one this week that I have wanted for awhile.
Wow that's bizarre. I was a jeweler years ago, and only ever heard of one problem with Movado (weak bracelet/strap pins) but heard tons of Tag horror stories from customers. This was a long time back, so Tag must have cleaned up.

But Movados do have a definite chick-magnet effect. I'm constantly being asked what kind of watch I have on by the ladies (that little gold dimple on black gets 'em everytime). When a husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend couple would come into the store looking a nice men's watch, the ladies would usually 'ooooh' and 'ahhhhh' over Movado and Gucci (blech) and the men would gravitate towards their wallet... rich ones towards the Rolex and normal guys to the Seikos (which are actually a damn fine watch).

When the #$(* is training camp? :)

I had a Movado. That little thing on the face that you can turn to measure a set amount of time broke right off. Plus it was ugly. And expensive.

Now I have a knock-off Patek Philippe I bought in Shanghai. I'm loving it.

Patjew said:
I had a Movado. That little thing on the face that you can turn to measure a set amount of time broke right off. Plus it was ugly. And expensive.

Now I have a knock-off Patek Philippe I bought in Shanghai. I'm loving it.

You don't have to go to Shanghai to buy a knock-off Patek Phlippe. You can find one over here at Canal St. in Manhattan. :D

mikey said:
You don't have to go to Shanghai to buy a knock-off Patek Phlippe. You can find one over here at Canal St. in Manhattan. :D
Unfortunately, I'm in China more often than NYC.

Yo Patjew, my niece just just back from China. She's a member of the Georgia Bulldog marching band and they went on a tour over there.

She loved the place and the people were incredibly nice. Unfortunately the food was not what they were used to, however because of that she did lose those last 10 hard to lose pounds.

Bah, these are all crap. Brady ought to be endorsing Patek Phillipe, IWC, or A. Lange.

Ochmed Jones said:
Yo Patjew, my niece just just back from China. She's a member of the Georgia Bulldog marching band and they went on a tour over there.

She loved the place and the people were incredibly nice. Unfortunately the food was not what they were used to, however because of that she did lose those last 10 hard to lose pounds.
Hey Ochmed. Where was she? The food really varies from place to place. Down south it's good- similar to what we're used to here for Chinese food. The best is in Hong Kong. From Shanghai-north it's not so good. Alot of bones. Plus snake, dog, etc. Strangely enough the best Chinese food I've had in Asia was in Tokyo.

I agree that the Chinese people are nice and the rapidly-changing 5000+ year old culture always blows me away.

Am I the only weirdo here with an Echo watch?

mavfan2390 said:
Am I the only weirdo here with an Echo watch?
Evidently you are!

Yo Patjew, they were in Bejing almost the entire time. I'm sure that due to their large numbers, they probably got the easy to do, mass produced lunches and dinners.

Apparently the airport they left out of had a McDonalds in it. The kids may have ransacked the place before they boarded the plane.

i think Brady is a good representation of movado. From reading your posts- he fits just fine. He's not Perfect, but enough of people love the guy and repect him to give him a hell of a reputation- just like Movado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes