PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady: "Matt and I fight like teenage girls" !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PsychoTim said:
I have a 4 year old niece that in 9 years will be a teenage girl. On behalf of her, I take offense at this comment and think that Mr. Brady needs to enter some sensitivity training.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

NICE. : )

Question for the group:

I haven't posted in this forum for over a year. I used to 'hang out' on the AbsoluteBrady.com forum and this summer, that entire website shut down. Does anyone know what happened? And are there any posters here who were from that forum?

thanks,

Sapphire

I used to go on that site a lot but it just vanished out of nowhere.

mcbee said:
That proves he's not?

Why hasn't he married her? /QUOTE]

Marriage has nothing to do. I will never get married but that doesn't mean I am gay...

mcbee said:
That proves he's not?

Why hasn't he married her? Maybe he thinks of her as his "big sister"? Maybe he's amBIvalent? She's not even that hot.

I mean if you're fighting with a teammate, why not say 'we fight like teenagers', or 'brothers' or something. Why teenage girls? That's a little odd.

But whatever. I don't care, just wish he'd play better?

um..could be because he has 3 sisters? Seems natural to me as I'm sure he saw a lot of teenage girl fights right at home!

Patsobsessed said:
I agree.........odd that he found it odd. Where is his mind at? I thought the story was a riot. I love hearing the light-hearted behind the scenes stuff. Good, clean fun.......that's all it is!

I agree. I was laughing hysterical as Tom was recounting the story.

The "Matt and I fight like teenage girls" is better understood within the context of the story. Plus we forget the Brady grew up with three sisters. He probably saw teenage girls "fight."

Last edited:
PatsChick87 said:
um..could be because he has 3 sisters? Seems natural to me as I'm sure he saw a lot of teenage girl fights right at home!

HAHAHA...I just posted the same comment.

mcbee said:
Why doesn't he just get it over with and have sex with him?

I think Tom has left even the "metro" sexual plantation and is now firmly over on the other side, fighting for the pink team (as Dwight would put it).

Not that there's anything wrong with it. I just wish he'd play better.

Mcbee, what the hell is wrong with you?

Seriously? He dates a starlet. Get real.

PatsChick87 said:

It's about time someone states the obvious -- thanks. :)

By the way, that was one of the most enjoyable post game interviews I've seen! Up front honest responses by Brady on light hearted moments enjoyed by our team. Hopefully, he won't feel a negative backlash from some and not want to share some of these insights in the future.

PatsChick87 said:
By the way, that was one of the most enjoyable post game interviews I've seen! Up front honest responses by Brady on light hearted moments enjoyed by our team. Hopefully, he won't feel a negative backlash from some and not want to share some of these insights in the future.

Not sure why you would think any backlash would be negative...all 3 major papers in the area picked up the story in a very positive way. There is nothing negative about it other than some childish responses from some fans on this board. This board does NOT reflect ALL of Patriots Nation...just some of the paranoid part of the Nation.

There are plenty of things to like about Tom Brady as a football player and a person. Certainly one of them is his honestly and his ability to just always be himself. This guy never puts on for anyone. There are few personailities in the celebrity eye - MALE personalities, that would start off a press conference story by calling himself a teenage girl. But he did it in a very matter of fact way with NO care of what SOME people would think of that comment. It probably never crossed his mind. Brady is a good kid...a really good kid and one of his best qualities is the way he carries himself without a caring what anyone thinks of him. What you see is what you get!

Last edited:
The guy was making a joke and having a laugh and BB stopped it before it got out of hand. I think the whole thing is funny and a good way to build team rapport up to a point. The whole speculation of his being gay is inane.

I've worked with Bridget's brother Andy for the last 7 years. Tom's not gay.

FirstAndGoal said:
I've worked with Bridget's brother Andy for the last 7 years. Tom's not gay.

I think that is obvious to all except for the 3 eight year olds who frequent this board!

Drewwho said:
Not sure why you would think any backlash would be negative...all 3 major papers in the area picked up the story in a very positive way. There is nothing negative about it other than some childish responses from some fans on this board. This board does NOT reflect ALL of Patriots Nation...just some of the paranoid part of the Nation.

There are plenty of things to like about Tom Brady as a football player and a person. Certainly one of them is his honestly and his ability to just always be himself. This guy never puts on for anyone. There are few personailities in the celebrity eye - MALE personalities, that would start off a press conference story by calling himself a teenage girl. But he did it in a very matter of fact way with NO care of what SOME people would think of that comment. It probably never crossed his mind. Brady is a good kid...a really good kid and one of his best qualities is the way he carries himself without a caring what anyone thinks of him. What you see is what you get!

The aforementioned SOME/paranoid fans were what I was referring to, keeping in mind that Pats folks do read this board.

Even if he was gay, I'd still take him over any QB in the league!

mcbee said:
Lots of people use self-DEPRECATING humor, but the first thing to cross someone's mind is that he is like a "teenage girl"...ummm that's a little odd. Just a little.

But if he plays better, like I said, who cares.

Brady has probably nailed and turned down more hot chicks than you could if you lived to be 500, dork.

Patti37 said:
I agree. I was laughing hysterical as Tom was recounting the story.

The "Matt and I fight like teenage girls" is better understood within the context of the story. Plus we forget the Brady grew up with three sisters. He probably saw teenage girls "fight."

Shoot, I use that expression ALL THE TIME! I must be gay. My wife is going to be PI$$ed! :)

One item I didn't really like in this story

Reiss: Q. Did Stacey (James) help?
TB: No. The little guys should learn not to mess with guys with more money than them.

I think this is the first time I have heard TB talk about the other players around him as the "little guys".

I would hate to see that all the money and adulation is actually starting to get to him. Everybody wants to make him out as being the same old Tom Brady, 6th round pick, but all that ego building crap has got to affect him. It would be unfortunate if the players start seeing him as looking down on them.

Gumby said:
One item I didn't really like in this story
I think this is the first time I have heard TB talk about the other players around him as the "little guys".

I would hate to see that all the money and adulation is actually starting to get to him. Everybody wants to make him out as being the same old Tom Brady, 6th round pick, but all that ego building crap has got to affect him. It would be unfortunate if the players start seeing him as looking down on them.
Don´t think you have to worry about that. If you listen to the PC it seems clear TB was only making a joke when he said that.

Sure he´s not just a 6. round draft pick anymore but it seems like he´s still the same old guy when it comes to his teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes