PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady is the mvp this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Philip Rivers is the MVP. He's missing his entire offense but keeps on chugging along. Impressive, really.

Have you seen the level of competition he's gone up against? He's played 5 of the 6 WORST pass defenses in the NFL, and two others in the bottom third. It's a joke. I don't see why Orton wouldn't be any more or less an MVP candidate than Rivers to this point. Both have been equally statistically impressive on bad teams against embarrassing pass defenses.

Brady and Matt Ryan would be my MVP candidates at this point.

Last edited:
games like this prove he is a mvp, and bellichick is coach of the year.. its been a great year so far , so lets enjoy the ride...

It's hard to enjoy the ride when we have to sit next to people like you. We keep looking up and people like you keep trying to drag us down. But OH, Brady has a huge game and WOAH, now you're 2 miles above us!
You do what you have to do, but I'll stick with just dealing with reality and ignore flip flopping negative nellies like you.

Yeah im the only one, the team came through, sorry i dont drink the kool aid all the time, but this was a nice win, no one thought it would be that easy except for a few of the tin foil heads...

Pitt 31

Pats 16

Pats 38
other 23

As an apparent tin foil head, I must say, at least I've been consistent all year. You go from predicting a blow out against us to starting a thread talking about the season MVP when there are still 7 games left.
Get your head out of your butt or you're going to suffocate.

I still think Brady has a better chance than Vick. Everyone is slobbing him now but a few bad games will come and Brady will have better numbers and record.

I think we can all agree its good that Brady and the Pats are not the talk of the town, neither is Manning and Indy so win/win. NYJ and Vick? Lets hear about them this winter.

Welker didnt comeback, he only misses one and a half games last year...BTW was Brady comeback of the year last year?

most people with Welkers injury would still be out. I think he deserves the award because he indeed 'came back' from a serious injury. How many games he missed shouldnt matter.

seems to me that the steelers took out wes welker last year with a cheap shot and that changed the dynamic of the game, much like the jets did this year.

Uh, didn't Vick play in 12 games last year?

Anyway, I think the CBPY should be awarded to someone who has overcome adversity like an injury or personal hardship. I'm not sure it should apply to those "coming back" because they were forced to leave after being caught killing and torturing dogs. Kind of ruins the spirit of it. Those dogs aren't coming back.

Anyway, I think the CBPY should be awarded to someone who has overcome adversity like an injury or personal hardship. I'm not sure it should apply to those "coming back" because they were forced to leave after being caught killing and torturing dogs. Kind of ruins the spirit of it. Those dogs aren't coming back.

I totally, completely agree.

I am already sick of the Eagles and that MNF game isn't even 24 hours old.

Being sick of the success of any NFC team is understandable.

I totally, completely agree.

I am already sick of the Eagles and that MNF game isn't even 24 hours old.

Being sick of the success of any NFC team is understandable.

No, it's more like I am sick of the success of any team that's not us. Except maybe the Saints.

Vick is the MVP and it's not even close. He just had one of best game (if not THE best game) a QB has EVER had last night. Accounted for 15 total TD's and 0 TO's at this point in the season. When Vick is on the field the Eagles are the best team in the NFL. Has Vick lost a start this year when he played the full game?

Rivers should be in consideration as well. He can't do EVERYTHING on the team. He's having a fantastic season but is getting dragged down by some of the worst ST's play ever and mistakes that are out of his control. (fumbling footballs when you were never touched...)

Brady is probably #3 on my list and could move up if his play continues to improve. Honestly Brady has gone from great to mediocre to terrible...he's all over the map. He needs consistency.

Gotta agree about Michael Vick. Every WR out there was getting seperation because he was keeping plays alive. The defensive line was physically exausted trying to chase him around all night, which allowed for a lot of time in the pocket. Never thought I would see Vick be so accurate either. G

I honestly have no idea how teams are going to stop Vick. Now that he's an accurate passer and can throw the ball well he's either going to beat you through the air or on the ground.

NFL.com has a poll on who is the best QB in the NFL right now. (Scroll down, bottom right). 48% say Vick, 17% Manning, 16% Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes