PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady is the Greatest QB of ALL TIME!

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who is better Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or Joe Montana?

• Tom Brady

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Joe Montana

Votes: 19 43.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

1stand10

Banned
Reaction score
Tom Brady, #12 is the greatest QB of all time!.... Now bring the love!
I wanna here the arguments!

ImgDyn.cfm

ImgDyn.cfm
\

ImgDyn.cfm

Please......go......away......

shmessy said:
Please......go......away......

We have known this for 4 years now...did 1st and 10 just wake up from a Coma... :rofl:

Just teasing you 1st and 10...welcome.

The problem with the list is that it doesn't include all the greats. I mean if you're going to say all time, right.
Guys like Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas and Roger Staubach should be on that list.
Montana definitely belongs but not Peyton.

Hate to admit it but...

1stand10 said:
Tom Brady, #12 is the greatest QB of all time!.... Now bring the love!
I wanna here the arguments!

ImgDyn.cfm

ImgDyn.cfm
\

ImgDyn.cfm

Joe Montana takes the prize. I am a die, die,die,die hard Pats fan and I think Tom is great but Joe's Superbowl stats and records are unbelievable....

127.8 SB QB rating - 1st
122 pass atempts in 4 SBs - 3rd
83 pass completions - 1st
13 consecutive pass completions - 1st
68 % pass completions - 2nd
1,142 pass yds - 1st
357 yds passing 1 game - 3rd
11 TDs - 1st
0 INTs in 122 pass attempts - 1st
3 SB MVPs

wow not a great way to start on a new board.

Currently Montana, his body of work currently surpasses Brady's. Brady will IMO surpass Montana by the end of his career for career winning %, playoff winning % and SB's. Just be patient.

I think Brady needs 1 more Lombardi just to equal Montana.

Peyton Manning is better.

Tom might end his career as the best ever, but as for right now, none better than joe.

If I can play Devil's Advocate for a minute... my friend would be furious at the exclusion of John Elway. To be fair, he DID retire in a more classy way than 99% of the players in history.

Just putting that out there, don't hurt me.

Brady is an OK QB...... Let's see what he does for the next 3-4 before we call him the GOAT.........:rocker:

Feep_FLA said:
Brady is an OK QB

What?! An OK QB? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were kidding.

At this point I still think Montana is better, but Brady has accomplished more at this point in his career than Monatana did at the same point in his career. Only time will tell.

zippo59 said:
What?! An OK QB? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were kidding.

At this point I still think Montana is better, but Brady has accomplished more at this point in his career than Monatana did at the same point in his career. Only time will tell.

Yeah, that was slightly tongue-in-cheek........:singing:

Where's Joe Kapp?:confused:

Where am I on that list?

I can tell you that I play a lot of snaps in my gym, a few of us get together and run some plays. It's fun. I am amazing though, and should be on that list.

In the words of Uncle Rico... I could throw a pig skin a quarter mile.

Easy now...

...when all is said and done Brady will be among the greatest QB's of all time. He will have more rings than any other QB (I can see 5) and his first 5 years outshine any other QB's in HISTORY by leaps and bounds. The guy was a lock for the Hall after 4 years of playing, is easily the most clutch QB in the league and now is starting the wrestle the title of 'best QB' away from Peyton "Problems w/ Protection" Manning.

I have the answer

"I'll be lucky to be compared to that guy." - Joe on Tom
"I'm nowhere near his level." - Tom on Joe

If the question is which has accomplished more in their career, it's still obviously Joe.

But if the question is which is the better QB, I wouldn't even hesitate -- I'd take Tom at any point in their careers.

Joe simply was not as consistent as Tom over any 5 or 6 year stretch in his career.

Although Joe was an underrated passer, and very rarely couldn't make a certain throw, Tom has a MUCH stronger arm (which he rarely gets to show off, but which coordinators are very aware of).

Joe was more mobile but there's no boot or roll out in the west coast system that Tom can't execute. Tom moves MUCH better in the pocket than Joe did. Tom is tougher against the rush than anyone I've ever seen. Joe played in a system designed to protect him from the pass rush, very similar to Manning. BTW, I'm not a PM basher, but he's not in this conversation.

People remember Joe playing so well in the Super Bowls, but they selectively overlook his spotty playoff record. Joe didn't know what being an underdog was. Both are great big-game QBs, but in terms of the total package (skills and makeup), one of them is already head and shoulders above pretty much everyone else who's played the game.

It's hard to make statistical comparisons between eras and teams -- believe me I've tried. IMO, a solid basis for QBs is their record in close games. Montana was around .550 in starts decided by a touchdown...while Brady is an absurd 21-3, .875 (inc. season-ending Miami loss when he played Q1 only). That record pretty much destroys all other QBs in League history.

he just doesn't lose close games. Joe did.

Last edited:
Interesting...

the taildragger said:
"I'll be lucky to be compared to that guy." - Joe on Tom
"I'm nowhere near his level." - Tom on Joe

If the question is which has accomplished more in their career, it's still obviously Joe.

But if the question is which is the better QB, I wouldn't even hesitate -- I'd take Tom at any point in their careers.

Joe simply was not as consistent as Tom over any 5 or 6 year stretch in his career.

Although Joe was an underrated passer, and very rarely couldn't make a certain throw, Tom has a MUCH stronger arm (which he rarely gets to show off, but which coordinators are very aware of).

Joe was more mobile but there's no boot or roll out in the west coast system that Tom can't execute. Tom moves MUCH better in the pocket than Joe did. Tom is tougher against the rush than anyone I've ever seen. Joe played in a system designed to protect him from the pass rush, very similar to Manning. BTW, I'm not a PM basher, but he's not in this conversation.

People remember Joe playing so well in the Super Bowls, but they selectively overlook his spotty playoff record. Joe didn't know what being an underdog was. Both are great big-game QBs, but in terms of the total package (skills and makeup), one of them is already head and shoulders above pretty much everyone else who's played the game.

It's hard to make statistical comparisons between eras and teams -- believe me I've tried. IMO, a solid basis for QBs is their record in close games. Montana was around .550 in starts decided by a touchdown...while Brady is an absurd 21-3, .875 (inc. season-ending Miami loss when he played Q1 only). That record pretty much destroys all other QBs in League history.

he just doesn't lose close games. Joe did.

Good points!!! I will admit I think Tom has accomplished alot with much less talent surrounding him than Joe did. Joe has Craig, Rice, Taylor & etc.

I'm a homer. I vote Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back