PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady is AT PRACTICE today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you all realize that Tom is going to be on the injured list every day from now until the rest of the season. But it won't say "shoulder." It will say "ankle."

Have to agree with the posters saying WR and QB are more important than RB. Unless you get AP, LdT, Westbrook, and maybe a Lynch or Addai; RB's are a bad pick. Top WR's (specially in PPR leagues like I do) are a premium. I had a draft last night that I got Moss, Fitzgerald, and Steve Smith with my first 3 picks.

Some RB will get hurt and I will have a chance at picking up that guys replacement on the waiver wire. So why waste a draft pick on it?

Moss fell to me at 7 last night, but Brady was gone at 4. Fantasy players know Brady will play this year.

I hope you all realize that Tom is going to be on the injured list every day from now until the rest of the season. But it won't say "shoulder." It will say "ankle."

this didn't stop my 50 curls brutha. stop trying to put a damper on my curls session. tom is still at practice.

Gosh damn it!! - I was looking forward to the future Hall Of Famer of the Patriots ,no other than Mr. Matt Cassel to lead us to a 18-1 season but with a last game WIN this time,Not like that washed up bum Tom Brady :banned:

Last edited:
Have to agree with the posters saying WR and QB are more important than RB. Unless you get AP, LdT, Westbrook, and maybe a Lynch or Addai; RB's are a bad pick. Top WR's (specially in PPR leagues like I do) are a premium. I had a draft last night that I got Moss, Fitzgerald, and Steve Smith with my first 3 picks.

Some RB will get hurt and I will have a chance at picking up that guys replacement on the waiver wire. So why waste a draft pick on it?

Moss fell to me at 7 last night, but Brady was gone at 4. Fantasy players know Brady will play this year.

Well I gotta say that I don't play in a PPR league. QB's are more reliable than RBs, but like I said before, you can get one in the later rounds that won't be a huge drop off. You can't say the same for RB or WR. Relying on picking up this year's Ryan Grant or Greg Jennings from FA as your RB2 or WR2 seems way more risky to me than drafting top WRs and RBs in rounds 1-5 and then grabbing a solid QB. This is however, my strategy for a 12 team H2H league, so it may not apply to other formats.

Gosh damn it!! - I was looking forward to the future Hall Of Famer of the Patriots ,no other than Mr. Matt Cassel to lead us to a 18-1 season but with a last game WIN this time,Not like that washed up bum Tom Brady :banned:

washed up bumb? there is no way you can be serious. matter of fact, don't even say that when you are sarcastic.

washed up bumb? there is no way you can be serious. matter of fact, don't even say that when you are sarcastic.

give it a rest, you aren't funny at all.

A top running back is still a premium player to pick up. It's just that the league has gone so pass-happy, a guy like Brady or Moss has equal value. LdT, Westbrook and Addai should all be first round locks. Peterson will be, but I wouldn't touch him this year. Sophmore year, the league has seen him, he'll be without one of his top blockers for the first four games this year, and no real passing game to speak of to keep 8 out of the box... it's worrisome. The best running backs to draft are the ones with a real quarterback and no platoon situation, and there aren't that many of those. This year, I'd probably try and get Marion Barber in the second round, since watching the Cowboys all preseason has made it seem clear that Felix Jones is strictly going to be a change of pace back this year. I'd be happy to come away with Brady, Barber and a guy like Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson (if healthy) or Torry Holt in the first 3. I'd also take a flier on Brandon Marshall a little bit earlier than some, even with his missing games early on, like I did with Welker last year. Nothing wrong with reaching for guaranteed production.

Oh, and Marshawn Lynch worries me. I won my league last year with him as my 3rd running back, but he got hurt, and even when he got back, a lot of his touches were going to Fred Jackson. I think Jackson could be a real vulture in Buffalo, and really kill Lynch's value.

Last edited:
Our season isn't over!

Rejoice-with-Sheep.jpg

Does ESPN know this???

Does ESPN know this???

Doubt it, all 721 espn reporters are at Jets camp praising Lord Favre and cleaning his cleats with their tongues.:rolleyes:

I see very little reason for Brady to be at practice today unless he is going to see some action on Friday. I assume that the theme of the practice was the plan for the Philly game. I suppose Brady could have just been out at practice jogging around, letting Cassel and O'Connell get most of the reps. If he actually took regular reps today, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the field against the Eagles.

Doubt it, all 721 espn reporters are at Jets camp praising Lord Favre and cleaning his cleats with their tongues.:rolleyes:

I know they're all on their knees, but I thought their mouths were elsewhere . . . . :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back