Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Tom Brady at practice
Link|Comments (0) Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff August 20, 2008 12:28 PM
FOXBOROUGH -- Quarterback Tom Brady has joined the team for its afternoon practice today at Gillette Stadium. The workout is in full pads, and Brady, who is nursing a sore right foot, is present for the media access portion of the workout, which at this time includes stretching.

Everybody feel better now?:p
Patriots Nation, Step Back from the Tobin Bridge and TAKE A DEEP BREATH.

Last edited:
No he's not. He can't be. We're done and he's going on IR. DON'T YOU GET IT ???

:D

Tom will be fine by opening day. Trust me on this. :D

awwh what the hell why are they practicing him he should be in a parabolic chamber, with TOs preist, making sure he gets healthy. :D
Evidently the amputation and new leg went a lot better than expected. Today's medical community is really amazing.

This is terrible news. I was hoping they would hold him out the rest of practice and preseason so he falls to me at #8 in my Labor Day weekend draft. :(

This is terrible news. I was hoping they would hold him out the rest of practice and preseason so he falls to me at #8 in my Labor Day weekend draft. :(
I have a draft where I pick 22&23 - I have to admit wondering if all the morons would hear about Tommy and lay off him and Moss long enough to get them both at that ridiculously late spot. Usually only 2 QB and 2 WR are gone by then so I had a shot if people believed the injury hype.

drafting a QB in the first round is a bad idea.

I've never done it before but I would late in the round for Tommy - of course, my league has 22 teams so a late #1 is a little different than for a lot of teams.

I've never done it before but I would late in the round for Tommy - of course, my league has 22 teams so a late #1 is a little different than for a lot of teams.

Brady's numbers are good enough to justify his standings, but if you take him in the first round you will be scraping the bottom of the barrel for adequate RBs and WRs in the later rounds and your RB2, WR2 will most likely be a bigger dropoff in points that the difference between Brady and say Clinton Portis. An adequate QB however, will still be there at rounds 6-7. Sorry to get way OT.

EDIT - ofcourse if your league is that deep and Brady falls that far obviously you take him.

Last edited:
Brady's numbers are good enough to justify his standings, but if you take him in the first round you will be scraping the bottom of the barrel for adequate RBs and WRs in the later rounds and your RB2, WR2 will most likely be a bigger dropoff in points that the difference between Brady and say Clinton Portis. An adequate QB however, will still be there at rounds 6-7. Sorry to get way OT.

EDIT - ofcourse if your league is that deep and Brady falls that far obviously you take him.

Thing is QB and WR are safer bets. RB are a crap shoot. They get injured much more often. You know you are gonna get points from a Manning or Brady.

Trust me, I'm usually one of the last people to draft a QB, but this league is 6pt Passing TDs and is very QB friendly. My computer program has Brady #2 value after LT.

Plus, this year there are not a lot of stud RBs in the first. At #8 (in a 14-teamer), you're looking at Gore, Portis or Barber. I'd much rather lock up my QB, which then would allow me to take lots of nice RB prospects in the mid-rounds when I would otherwise be picking my QBs (the Chris Johnsons, McFaddens, Ray Rices) where I think there is a lot of value this year.

Plus, this year there are not a lot of stud RBs in the first. At #8 (in a 14-teamer), you're looking at Gore, Portis or Barber. I'd much rather lock up my QB, which then would allow me to take lots of nice RB prospects in the mid-rounds when I would otherwise be picking my QBs (the Chris Johnsons, McFaddens, Ray Rices) where I think there is a lot of value this year.
All the RBBC situations have changed things a lot (sorry for OT). Not only does it chop the value of many RB (like Maroney) but, like you said, it adds lots of RB who'll be available later who are viable. Now you can get a Chris Johnson instead of a Kevin Faulk type 3rd down back. Picking 22 and 23 I may just take two WR and take a RB later - two years ago I wouldn't have considered it.

Thing is QB and WR are safer bets. RB are a crap shoot. They get injured much more often. You know you are gonna get points from a Manning or Brady.

But you can secure a solid QB in the 6th round, you can't really say that about RB or WR. I think it's much more risky to have to really on an upside-only type of pick like Felix Jones or Jonathon Stewart as your RB2.

I have a draft where I pick 22&23 - I have to admit wondering if all the morons would hear about Tommy and lay off him and Moss long enough to get them both at that ridiculously late spot. Usually only 2 QB and 2 WR are gone by then so I had a shot if people believed the injury hype.

22 team league, that's just crazy. How can you field a starting lineup every week? Sounds like you must have to really dig for the talent at the end of your lineup.

Last edited:
Is that 3rd/4th round or do you play in a 22 team league? If it's the latter, that's awesome- I've never played in a league with more than 12.
It's a 22 team league. It used to be 24 but when two owners left we didn't replace them for some reason. At one time we were discussing making it a 32 team league - that would put more emphasis on the value of QB :)

Last edited:
yes! i'm gonna do 50 more curls! this what i was waiting for! hey tom, your the man! stop talking about fantasy football fellas....... i'm starting to become irritated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey