Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tom Brady involvement in FA recruiting

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by cstjohn17, Mar 7, 2007.

1. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +39 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

I was wondering if Tom Brady is making more of an effort to help with the "meet & greets" as players come into Foxboro. He was asked last year by D&C on WEEI if he felt he could do more to help attract FAs, his response was along the lines that he left all that stuff to the front office.

This year he seems to be working behind the scenes to assist with the process, especially in regards to the offensive players.

IMO he was very disapointed in seeing Branch leave, they had a great rapore and he considered Branch a very close friend. I don't think he is looking for new friends but maybe he wants to make sure that he is available to help land some of the fish that come through Foxboro.
  2. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

All he needs to do is parade Giselle around and say, "I can have her introduce you to her friends."
  3. cstjohn17

Ratings:
    +39 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

Or I have "nude pictures" of her

:)
  4. salty

salty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Rapport. ;)

Sorry, I can't help it.
  5. naclone

naclone Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

all we know is that he was present when welker was there.

we don't know why or what for.

he could have been there for any number of reasons that coincidentally coincided with welker's visit.

i really wouldn't read too much into it.

Don Davis gave Sammie Morris a tour of Gillette. What are we supposed to read into that? That he's working for the front office as a recruiter? Could it just be that he was there filling out his retirement paper work or cleaning out his locker or something and took a couple minutes to show someone around?
  6. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

No, he was doing his rehab and had some free time to help out. Let's not forget Sammy Morris was actually a smoke screen for the real agenda...showing Kyle Brady around. ;)
  7. TealSox

TealSox Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Players that want to win, should do all they can to make their team a desirable team to play for. Players don't need to be on the phone making calls to Stallworth, trying to convince him to play in NE, but if they wanted him on the team and thought that he could help them win a Super Bowl, then they should at the very least reach out and do what they can to help themselves and their team.

Matt Light played college ball with Rosey Colvin. It was rumored that Light put a call in to Colvin. Former teammates take care of each other and in this case, it might have helped to have a friendly face on a new team. Sometimes its the small things.

It was rumored that Favre was trying to recruit Randy Moss and why should that be a problem. Why wouldn't he go the effort? The guy isn't expected to play for another 10 years and wants to get talent around himself.

If Brady doesn't want to help the team by getting guys that he thinks can help, then he shouldn't say anything when he has no one to throw to. I don't think makes a stink about things, but the guy can help his own cause. I know it aint easy to take a pay cut to bring players in and then have to be part of the meet and greet group when a player roles through.
  8. PatsMyBoyz!

PatsMyBoyz! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'll read into Brady's presence there. I don't think he's recruiting. He's there because he's earned the right to assess any player who is going to be an integral part of his offense. It shows respect for Brady's input and it gives Brady a chance to get a feel for the player's personality;see how he interacts-can they communicate,etc.
  9. PatsMyBoyz!

PatsMyBoyz! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl: Brady's well connected.
  10. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I have no idea what you are trying to convey in this final paragraph...
  11. signbabybrady

signbabybrady On the Roster

Ratings:
    +163 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

maybe he was there to throw him some passes.
  12. Drewwho

Drewwho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_272611987.shtml

Can't be making too much of an effort to support the new recruits! Gisele just took Tom to Brasil to meet the parents. Things are getting serious between our QB and the Supermodel.

Hey, when do the offseason workouts start? I hope Brady does not miss any due to his new love interest. Doubt he will, but....she is freak'in AMAZING!!

He definitly traded up from Bridget...my Lord!
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  13. swheeler23

swheeler23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Spring workouts start March 19th.
  14. cstjohn17

Ratings:
    +39 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

I have convinced myself, Brady has become more active in the FA recruitment process. Makes sense, it is in his best interest to have better players join the team.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/03/stallworth_chec.html
    Boston.com 3/14/07
    "Stallworth noted he has spoken with Tom Brady from time to time since 2004, when they met due to their connection as players who grew up a few hours away from each other in Northern California. Stallworth said he spoke with Brady as he was considering a contract from the Patriots. He said they share a similar approach, that winning is their top priority"

15. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -13

#12 Jersey

Indeed, he's even well plugged-in!!!:rocker::rocker::rocker:
  16. psychoPat

psychoPat Role Player PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This probably was said tongue in cheek,
    but if its counterpart works so well - apparently -
    for college recruiting
    ... aren't these the same susceptible young men?

All sotto voce, sub rosa, and understated, of course.
  17. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

Hes too busy with Gisele.
  18. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

I'm happy for Tom and all, he has a girlfriend that most of us would kill to have, but can we get back to the topic? I think that Brady being here certainly had something to do with Stallworth signing. If Stallworth wants to have a blow it up, "prove it" season, then he knows he wants the best QB possible throwing the football to him. And outside of Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer, there's really no better QB in the game to have throwing the ball to you right now. In fact Tom's the most attractive choice out of the three because those other guys already have TWO #1 quality WRs to throw to.
  19. cstjohn17

Ratings:
    +39 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

The "attractive" word in the above sentence is disturbing but I agree with the rest of it.