PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady in the role of mentor [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tom Brady in the role of mentor

Brady can mentor all he wants. Just as long as he doesn't stand on the sidelines during the games. I don't want to see some broken play get taken out of bounds in Week 15 and Brady get Charlie Weis-ed.

Good stuff.

As MoLewisRocks said in another thread, this just goes to show you what type of player Brady is. He really has no ego and is truly team first. Its a rare thing these days.

I've been saying it since he was put on IR - but Brady is still pivotal to the team's success the rest of the season. Again, I'll make a comparison to Varitek handling the pitching staff and knowing opposing hitters for the Sox. Brady will be a valuable member of the staff and team as they go forward.

Last edited:

Brady can mentor all he wants. Just as long as he doesn't stand on the sidelines during the games. I don't want to see some broken play get taken out of bounds in Week 15 and Brady get Charlie Weis-ed.

LOL - yeah, that would suck.

I think he'd be a distraction standing on the side anyway.

If we DO see him at games this year, it will look like this:
82209564.jpg

Last edited:

82209564.jpg

Only to dimwitted fans and mediots, though. To the team he will remain an asset standing, sitting, texting or whatever...

Only to dimwitted fans and mediots, though. To the team he will remain an asset standing, sitting, texting or whatever...

You're mainly right, but you need the people cheering for Cassel, not wishing Brett would hobble out there and just effin' sling it, and we need the media to write articles about the NE beatdowns, not how well Brady was or was not walking on the sidelines.

That said, he could very well appear on the sidelines this week. From a business perspective, that's treating your ticket-holders right.

Tough call.

In a coaching mentoring role, I think he can very much still contribute.

From Reiss: Tom Brady in the role of mentor

This is as good as it can get for now guys and gals, and I am happy as hell to hear this from Bill:

Patriots blog - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

“Last week he came in a little bit at the end of the week, and was in our quarterback meeting on Saturday, and stuff like that. Going forward this week, that might be the same, it might be a little bit different, it will go depending on how his rehab schedule goes and what we’re doing at the times when he’s available."

You're mainly right, but you need the people cheering for Cassel, not wishing Brett would hobble out there and just effin' sling it, and we need the media to write articles about the NE beatdowns, not how well Brady was or was not walking on the sidelines.

That said, he could very well appear on the sidelines this week. From a business perspective, that's treating your ticket-holders right.

Tough call.

In a coaching mentoring role, I think he can very much still contribute.

?.......................

82209564.jpg

Right, Except we want Randy wearing full pads. ;)

82209564.jpg
his presence on the sidelines would be a great moral boost and motivation for the team not to mention in-game counseling for Cassel. also he could even help out McDaniels maybe...maybe!

MoLewisrocks said:
i'm basically just reinforcing this point.

Besides, there has to be a point where Giselle gets old, right?

Cassel is a lucky dude. Coached by Belichick, mentored by Brady, and has a lot of talent around him. As Fitzy would say: "Don't hassel the Cassel"

Anybody know where I can get that hat Brady is wearing?:D

Good stuff.

As MoLewisRocks said in another thread, this just goes to show you what type of player Brady is. He really has no ego and is truly team first. Its a rare thing these days.

I've been saying it since he was put on IR - but Brady is still pivotal to the team's success the rest of the season. Again, I'll make a comparison to Varitek handling the pitching staff and knowing opposing hitters for the Sox. Brady will be a valuable member of the staff and team as they go forward.

I've never been more proud to have a player playing for one of my favorite teams. Brady is an amazing player. Hard to believe so many classless scumbags were cheering his injury, just shows how much jealousy there is out there when a guy like Brady is so hated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes