PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady: I'm not into playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But on the other hand someone could argue that if it were positive why not come out and say so, how would that affect the team negatively.

Because if he comes out with glowingly positive remarks about the organization and how it is treating him, players like Mankins may not appreciate it. In fact, he mentions Mankins' situation a sentence or two later.

Brady is wearing many hats at the same time...player, leader, representative, face of franchise, family man, etc. He knows that playing up any one of those will be taken by the media as playing down the others. People just need to expect him to be Switzerland in front of the media...at least until the CBA situation is settled.

Because if he comes out with glowingly positive remarks about the organization and how it is treating him, players like Mankins may not appreciate it. In fact, he mentions Mankins' situation a sentence or two later.

Brady is wearing many hats at the same time...player, leader, representative, face of franchise, family man, etc. He knows that playing up any one of those will be taken by the media as playing down the others. People just need to expect him to be Switzerland in front of the media...at least until the CBA situation is settled.
After listening to the whole interview from the beginning i didn't find the comment as the first time.

As far as mankins TB is being asked about HIS opinion of the organization, which has nothing to do with Mankins.

Last edited:
Clayton and Mort look dumber by the day. I love it.

Brady's conference did nothing to clarify the situation either in favor of, or against, "Clayton and Mort". He specifically avoided commenting in any way that would do so, and made a point of telling everyone that he would keep his feelings to himself.

Last edited:
What does he mean, he's "not into playing games"?! What the bloody heck is he going to do all season?! :mad:

Oh wait, it was a metaphor?

:D

Brady line of the day when asked about the low expectations this year:

"For who? I don’t give a damn really. I don’t care what you guys think. I know what we think and what we think we can accomplish. What my dad thinks, I don’t really care about. What my mom thinks, I don’t care about because they don’t know. The only guys who can do anything about it are the guys on this practice field. It feels pretty good to me what we're doing, what I see out here. We've just got to continue to put the work in."

i heard the brady interview on 'eei and it was the same brady/belichick/patriot speak of answering questions without answering. he can't give those sob's anything or they will take it, twist it and run with it.

in otherwords, everything's normal, he's fine and he wants to play for ten more years.

"For who? I don’t give a damn really. I don’t care what you guys think. I know what we think and what we think we can accomplish. What my dad thinks, I don’t really care about. What my mom thinks, I don’t care about because they don’t know. The only guys who can do anything about it are the guys on this practice field. It feels pretty good to me what we're doing, what I see out here. We've just got to continue to put the work in."

haha! There's something to put on the blank walls.

Was it this bit?

You obviously have perspective about the situation. There has also been a lot of speculation about whether or not you are unhappy. How would you describe your mood as it relates to the business side of things?
“My personal feelings are my personal feelings, and certainly I don’t want to express them with anybody other than very few people. It doesn’t do any good. It really doesn’t. It doesn’t help this team. It doesn’t help the organization. Really, it gets in the way to me. And everybody’s situation is different. I can only comment on my situation. Everybody has a different situation, a different approach. They have to do what works for them. There are a lot of guys who are restricted free agents based on the [collective bargaining agreement] this year. It’s just very different for different guys. I have to do what’s comfortable for me. I’ve always tried to do that.”

Now Curran is using this quote as proof that TB is unhappy. The headline is "Brady's Dismay is Unmistakable." I'm not going to give a link unless folks here really want it, but here's his nut graph:

In a 15-minute media session, an engaging and business-like Brady passed on every chance to say, "Everything's awesome!"

And reflexblue says in this thread:
It doesn't sound as bad reading it as it did listening to it. But on the other hand someone could argue that if it were positive why not come out and say so, how would that affect the team negatively.
So maybe Curran is onto something. I'm curious if anyone else actually heard the presser and raised an eyebrow at that comment.

Last edited:
You could also reverse what Curran said and run with it. Brady had a 15 minute interview and passed on the chance to say everything is messed up.

Curran and all the other mediots are in business to make money and they do that by generating conflict and suspense. They really, (imho) couldn't care less about facts or the truth unless it supported the spin they wanted to put on a story.

Tom Brady is a union rep. Tom Brady is not stupid. His answers have as much to do with the unknown CBA as it does with his own contract situation. He is beholden to three: The Union, Kraft and himself. Those answers were good enough to appease all three - yet leave the media groveling. Excellent bargaining strategy/marketing strategy, really. This dude REALLY could run for office some day. The next senator from California - I can see it clearly.

Last edited:
"Hollywood" Brady is saying all the right things... but the insiders know the deal. Once the Tebow-Mankins trade goes through we will finally know how the situation really is as the truthsayers tell it.

"For who? I don’t give a damn really. I don’t care what you guys think."

Nice! +10. This is why TFB has it all and the talking heads just have, well, talk:D

This'll be a great season!

Now Curran is using this quote as proof that TB is unhappy. The headline is "Brady's Dismay is Unmistakable." I'm not going to give a link unless folks here really want it, but here's his nut graph:

And reflexblue says in this thread:

So maybe Curran is onto something. I'm curious if anyone else actually heard the presser and raised an eyebrow at that comment.
Of course all these guys are going to KEY on that quote and how it was delivered and not put any emphasis on what TB said about the organization in the beginning of the interview. It helps them with their case that Brady is unhappy.

Spoken like a true 6th round draft pick :D

Reminds me of the dumbest post I ever saw from a Pats hater: "If Brady's so good, how come he was only a sixth-round pick?" :bricks:

Really well said - thank you for stating so well the complexity of this issue, something the media is overlooking.

To add to that complexity - he's talking about how players can't be spoiled yet, as a player and perhaps more importantly as a player rep, he has to go out and get top dollar for himself.

Allow me, fellas.

ESPN/NY Post/Herald headline: BRADY SAYS, 'I WON'T PLAY.'

You read it here first.

ATTN: Mr. Mankins.....Tom is talking about YOU

You know every single on of those media outlets thought of pulling that crap to get hits and the sad thing is it would totally work and we would have a whole thread deabating it and ripping them for doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back