PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady hiding out from the media? No comments yet on Cassel's performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I was sure we would hear Brady with some kind of comments on Cassel vs. the Jets

Is he hiding out in New York avoiding the press and yet to comment? or has he talked to the media yet on his impression of Matt's performance yesterday that I have not read?

Looking forward to hearing the great one's opinion this week if he has not already done so and I am sure he will.

I know he detests ESPN who are probably searching for him right now so maybe the NFLN will get some words from #12 soon.

I wouldn't expect comments from Brady. Brady is on injured reserves. He will assist Cassel in his preparation, but he doesn't want to be a distraction for the team. He is not going to speak to the media after every game. I would be shocked if we hear anything from him for a while.

I think he could also not want to steal the spotlight away from Cassel

I think he could also not want to steal the spotlight away from Cassel

I think that your opinion could be possible - Its Cassel's team right now and maybe Brady does not want to look like he is taking the spotlight away

Its probably best. MC is under enough pressure and scrutiny. The media can barely finish mentioned in Matt's name before comparing him to last year's MVP.

Brady going to the media only makes it worse for MC. Plus Matt is enjoying his first win. Let him be the story not Brady. I thought Archie Manning was an a-hole for being a media hog and holding court at the Giants locker room after the win over Greenbay. I am glad Tom Brady isn't Archie Manning.

I was sure we would hear Brady with some kind of comments on Cassel vs. the Jets

Is he hiding out in New York avoiding the press and yet to comment? or has he talked to the media yet on his impression of Matt's performance yesterday that I have not read?

Looking forward to hearing the great one's opinion this week if he has not already done so and I am sure he will.

I know he detests ESPN who are probably searching for him right now so maybe the NFLN will get some words from #12 soon.

Pretty sure he's in Boston.

He'll be seeing the team Doctors on almost a daily basis and working thru the organization on when to have surgery.

no, hes not saying anything cu he's angry, and worried about losing his job...:rolleyes:

seriously, why would the media go after him? i can allready tell you what hell say

He's going to hang low - in terms of the media - so as not to be a distraction.

According to Nantz and Simms, he was in on the QB meetings on Friday, so he is still making an impact on this team and contributing.

It's not at all unusual for players to dissappear while injured under the BB regime. :D

It seems to me that Tom is staying away from the games to let Matt get a feel for what its like to be a started. Last time this happened Drew Bledsoe was always around and that caused tension. Beside It Tom's job, Matt is just taking over for this year.

It seems to me that Tom is staying away from the games to let Matt get a feel for what its like to be a started. Last time this happened Drew Bledsoe was always around and that caused tension. Beside It Tom's job, Matt is just taking over for this year.

Are you sure about that? Some fans don't want him back. Maybe BB/Pioli feel the same.

Are you sure about that? Some fans don't want him back. Maybe BB/Pioli feel the same.

Huh? Who? Where?

Oh, Bledsoe, right, yeah, he sucks. :D

I think he is getting a little R&R with nurse Bunchen and planning on the operation. Once that happens he will be told to be off his feet extensively for at least a month. Bledsoe was only around and visible once he was OK, and we know BB doesnt like ANY loose leaks when it comes down to injuries.

He's going to hang low - in terms of the media - so as not to be a distraction.

According to Nantz and Simms, he was in on the QB meetings on Friday, so he is still making an impact on this team and contributing.

Tom has always been, in addtion to a whole host of other rare qualities, a truly selfless player. That many here and elsewhere have never failed to truly grasp that remains to me mindnumbing.

Farve had the nerve this week to applaud his replacements performance in GB only while mentioning how he learned a lot from backing his Lordship up. The same guy who said it wasn't his job to mentor backups or successors...and felt compelled to point out to the mediots that the team had a better shot with him.

I believe three times in his career Drew Bledsoe similarly felt the need to point out to media that his HC's were making mistakes...including once on the eve of a Superbowl.

Warner was brought to Arizona to mentor and backup Leinart. He apparently failed miserably but lost no sleep because he put himself in position to start again...which is what he recently told the media was best for Arizona.

The list goes on and on. Ego, can't succeed without it or for long unless you can manage it. Brady is the ultimate ego manager, starting with his own.

I think he is getting a little R&R with nurse Bunchen and planning on the operation. Once that happens he will be told to be off his feet extensively for at least a month. Bledsoe was only around and visible once he was OK, and we know BB doesnt like ANY loose leaks when it comes down to injuries.

Helping my 9-year-old son clean up his room this weekend helped me realize that we are suffering from the Boy's Life Jinx. Boy's Life is a Boy Scout/Cub Scout magazine.

Let's hope Matt stays away from them.

Their September cover, http://www.boyslife.org/section/magazine/

cover.jpg

:eek:

Last edited:
Please who said they didn't want Brady back. I don't believe that.

Quite a few of my co-workers believe that we don't need him. I was told that it's more fun to watch Cassel play, etc. etc...and they were very SERIOUS. They were not even Joking. I was too stunned to even respond.

I wouldn't expect comments from Brady. Brady is on injured reserves. He will assist Cassel in his preparation, but he doesn't want to be a distraction for the team. He is not going to speak to the media after every game. I would be shocked if we hear anything from him for a while.

That's my take too. Give the media an inch and they'll take a country mile-if Tom said anything this week he'd have a weekly guest spot on the topic. He's talking to the team and Cassel (and probably Charlie Weis too :) ).

i was and am quite sure we wont .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye