Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tom Brady hiding out from the media? No comments yet on Cassel's performance?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I was sure we would hear Brady with some kind of comments on Cassel vs. the Jets

Is he hiding out in New York avoiding the press and yet to comment? or has he talked to the media yet on his impression of Matt's performance yesterday that I have not read?

Looking forward to hearing the great one's opinion this week if he has not already done so and I am sure he will.

I know he detests ESPN who are probably searching for him right now so maybe the NFLN will get some words from #12 soon.
  2. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -0

I wouldn't expect comments from Brady. Brady is on injured reserves. He will assist Cassel in his preparation, but he doesn't want to be a distraction for the team. He is not going to speak to the media after every game. I would be shocked if we hear anything from him for a while.
  3. JAYHAWKS34

JAYHAWKS34 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think he could also not want to steal the spotlight away from Cassel
  4. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I think that your opinion could be possible - Its Cassel's team right now and maybe Brady does not want to look like he is taking the spotlight away
  5. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Its probably best. MC is under enough pressure and scrutiny. The media can barely finish mentioned in Matt's name before comparing him to last year's MVP.

Brady going to the media only makes it worse for MC. Plus Matt is enjoying his first win. Let him be the story not Brady. I thought Archie Manning was an a-hole for being a media hog and holding court at the Giants locker room after the win over Greenbay. I am glad Tom Brady isn't Archie Manning.
  6. ScottieC

ScottieC Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Pretty sure he's in Boston.

He'll be seeing the team Doctors on almost a daily basis and working thru the organization on when to have surgery.
  7. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

no, hes not saying anything cu he's angry, and worried about losing his job...:rolleyes:

seriously, why would the media go after him? i can allready tell you what hell say
  8. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

He's going to hang low - in terms of the media - so as not to be a distraction.

According to Nantz and Simms, he was in on the QB meetings on Friday, so he is still making an impact on this team and contributing.
  9. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

It's not at all unusual for players to dissappear while injured under the BB regime. :D
  10. abejarano12

abejarano12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It seems to me that Tom is staying away from the games to let Matt get a feel for what its like to be a started. Last time this happened Drew Bledsoe was always around and that caused tension. Beside It Tom's job, Matt is just taking over for this year.
  11. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Are you sure about that? Some fans don't want him back. Maybe BB/Pioli feel the same.
  12. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I don't think there is a single fan that doesn't want him back.
  13. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Huh? Who? Where?

Oh, Bledsoe, right, yeah, he sucks. :D
  14. jeffbiologist

jeffbiologist Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think he is getting a little R&R with nurse Bunchen and planning on the operation. Once that happens he will be told to be off his feet extensively for at least a month. Bledsoe was only around and visible once he was OK, and we know BB doesnt like ANY loose leaks when it comes down to injuries.
  15. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Tom has always been, in addtion to a whole host of other rare qualities, a truly selfless player. That many here and elsewhere have never failed to truly grasp that remains to me mindnumbing.

Farve had the nerve this week to applaud his replacements performance in GB only while mentioning how he learned a lot from backing his Lordship up. The same guy who said it wasn't his job to mentor backups or successors...and felt compelled to point out to the mediots that the team had a better shot with him.

I believe three times in his career Drew Bledsoe similarly felt the need to point out to media that his HC's were making mistakes...including once on the eve of a Superbowl.

Warner was brought to Arizona to mentor and backup Leinart. He apparently failed miserably but lost no sleep because he put himself in position to start again...which is what he recently told the media was best for Arizona.

The list goes on and on. Ego, can't succeed without it or for long unless you can manage it. Brady is the ultimate ego manager, starting with his own.
  16. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Helping my 9-year-old son clean up his room this weekend helped me realize that we are suffering from the Boy's Life Jinx. Boy's Life is a Boy Scout/Cub Scout magazine.

Let's hope Matt stays away from them.

Their September cover, http://www.boyslife.org/section/magazine/

[​IMG]

:eek:
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  17. Brady to Brown

Brady to Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Please who said they didn't want Brady back. I don't believe that.
  18. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Quite a few of my co-workers believe that we don't need him. I was told that it's more fun to watch Cassel play, etc. etc...and they were very SERIOUS. They were not even Joking. I was too stunned to even respond.
  19. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That's my take too. Give the media an inch and they'll take a country mile-if Tom said anything this week he'd have a weekly guest spot on the topic. He's talking to the team and Cassel (and probably Charlie Weis too :) ).
  20. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

i was and am quite sure we wont .
  21. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Man, if that's the case then your coworkers seriously need their heads examined. Thankfully I haven't heard anyone say that, because I'd be so dumbfounded I probably wouldn't even have the presence of mind to tell them off.
  22. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

...................................What He Said :yeahthat: ...................................
  23. Brady to Brown

Brady to Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thats some funny sh!t.

Big Patriot fans are they :rolleyes:

They don't even watch the NFL.
  24. jbb9s

jbb9s Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I completely understand the comments about not taking the spot light from Cassel and all but I would suggest that Brady could help the team by sitting in the coordinator's box and watching the plays and talking to McDaniel's about what he sees.

After all, considering how well Brady makes decisions in a split second as the pocket collapses, one would think he could become be pretty effective sitting up top taking it all in with a line to McDaniels.
  25. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Who's to say he wasn't...

Look, he was here all week and in the QB meetings. He's helping his backup and his team as much as they apparently need him to. But you aren't going to hear a lot about him because that would just lead to all sorts of bs about how he's the defacto whatever... And he and they know that would not be in anyone's best interest.
  26. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57 / 2 / -2

Isn't it obvious yet???... the moronic national media,3 braincelled morons like Tom Jerkson for example, are champing at the bit to get ANY negative thing they can drag up,throw up or make up to CONTINUE their idiotic hate campaign they've waged the past half decade. As far as I'm concerned, if I'm not hearing about Brady, then I'm feeling pretty good..and I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time before a few of these nitwits HANG themselves with fabricated HATE nonsense, like that fat ball of hate did a few seasons ago with the "Patriots players HATE BB!!!!" idiocy. THAT has really stuck to him like glue and he HATES it....too bad....proof that MORONS should be seen and NEVER HEARD.
  27. ddell1

ddell1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So which is it? Do you work for the Jets, Colts, Chargers, Dolphins Steelers or Bills?:eek:
  28. Arialgg

Arialgg Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You need to quit working for the Herald... Every single person I have talked to is counting the days til' Toms back. (Even my bro,whos a dolphin fan says he'll miss seeing Tom,just because his execution is so impressive) We're thrilled that Cassel is holding his own,but the bottom line is,with Tom at the helm we are assured a playoff berth ;). Also...more fun to watch Cassel play?? ..Its more fun to watch fg's being kicked than touchdowns being thrown..more fun to see a final score be 19-10 than 34-13..... um..yeah whatever :confused:
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  29. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You seriously needed some sort of emoticon at the end of that statement to make sure everyone knew you were being sarcastic!

I mean, you were, weren't you? :eek:
  30. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

No I wasn't. I heard enough of that crap at work yesterday to drive me crazy. They almost convinced me that Cassel was more fun to watch. One guy said QUOTE:"well he lost the Super Bowl, maybe it's time for a change". END QUOTE
    Those are his words, not mine. I'm just tired of telling people that they are crazy. I just ignore them now.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.