PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady giving out candy to children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it has turned into a football player who cant act conversation.

Brian Bosworth.

I think it's players who could play and not act, where as Bosworth couldn't do either!

hahaha nice thanks for posting!

I have to say throughout Brady's career I didn't mind all his different haircuts but this one is god awful.

Easy to be a good actor when the source material is good, like the UnderArmor piece. There wasn't much to his Entourage bit so its no surprise he sucked. Only truly trained actors can make bland stuff seem natural.

I think Deniro's job is safe.

quarterbacks don't have a history of translating well into movies

Dan Marino in Ace Ventura

Brett Favre in Something About Mary

talk about AWFUL performances

At least Favre's appearance in Mary was short... much like his time with the Falcons, Jets, and Vikings.

Easy to be a good actor when the source material is good, like the UnderArmor piece. There wasn't much to his Entourage bit so its no surprise he sucked. Only truly trained actors can make bland stuff seem natural.

IMHO acting is something that most anyone can learn to do well and the true genius is in the writing. For the most part you can interchange most actors and have the same product as long as you keep the writing the same. I bet there are thousands of actors who could have played the parts in Seinfeld as long as Larry David was doing the writing.

I bet there are thousands of actors who could have played the parts in Seinfeld as long as Larry David was doing the writing.

so...you'd replace Jerry Seinfeld himself, as the lead in "The Jerry Seinfeld Show"....I just gotta ask...thousands and thousands, huh?...uh...like say...Charlie Sheen?...or...uh...Christopher Walken?...I got it...Sly Stallone would have made a boffo Jerry...can you see Mel Brooks opposite Kramer???comedy gold I tell ya!!

"Hey why's Matt Damon handing out candy?"

I bet there are thousands of actors who could have played the parts in Seinfeld as long as Larry David was doing the writing.

so...you'd replace Jerry Seinfeld himself, as the lead in "The Jerry Seinfeld Show"....I just gotta ask...thousands and thousands, huh?...uh...like say...Charlie Sheen?...or...uh...Christopher Walken?...I got it...Sly Stallone would have made a boffo Jerry...can you see Mel Brooks opposite Kramer???comedy gold I tell ya!!

I didn't say thousands AND thousands did I Joker? Sure, I may have exaggerated some, but I think you get my point. You should.

If you're a Seinfeld fan then you probably remember the show when they were interviewing actors to play the parts of themselves. In that show the guy who played Kramer and the guy who played George (Jeremy Piven) were perfect for the part. I'm sure there are plenty of others that could have filled in for the other characters as well.

I'm glad that you brought up Charlie Sheen, because he's a great example of what I'm talking about. Had the writers of Two and a Half Men kept the same concept in their writing, the smart-ass one liner type lines directed at Alan and the kid, and replaced Sheen with any one of a number of actors it probably would have worked.

I'm glad that you brought up Charlie Sheen, because he's a great example of what I'm talking about. Had the writers of Two and a Half Men kept the same concept in their writing, the smart-ass one liner type lines directed at Alan and the kid, and replaced Sheen with any one of a number of actors it probably would have worked.

As a guy on the writing end of a two-bit production or two (stage not TV, no, didn't make a ton of money,) I'd love to say you are absolutely right and buy right into the "the writing is the whole gig" theory.

But I think the direction and acting is like a collaboration w/the writer... of course, the way we do it in the U.S. seems to favor the director as the artiste, not the scriptwriter.

I will say though, you can't really make 2 1/2 men worth without Sheen... I think it's because the joke has always worked because the self-absorbed jackass Charlie really is the self-absorbed jackass Sheen. You could maybe plug in Emilio Estevez, actually call him Emilio, and ask why they have different last names if they're brothers etc. etc. etc. ... have some fun with the Mom explaining the half-brother thing & her various marriages... actually I could see that working.

But you couldn't just plug in anybody. I think they picked a fairly one-note guy, who always plays the same type, to replace the Sheen type with the Kutcher type.... that's pretty close to the show formula, but it totally doesn't work. The premise of why he's there and still letting Allen stay there doesn't work. The show without its usual meanness doesn't work. Hell, even the kid growing up screws up the show somewhat. It's like "Hey kid, you're 22, are you still in 5th grade?"

RIP Charlie Harper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes