Tom Brady - Get The Surgery - No More Team First

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It's time for Brady to take off his Superman's cape. Time for him to take care of himself...his health....his ability to play with his kids when he has them. This guy is hurting, he has been hurting, and he's getting worse and not better.

I'm no docotr but it sure looks like a frayed rotator cuff or torn rotator cuff to me. I've borrowed some video from a few friends today. He is definitly short arming the ball whenever possible. Short arming will produce more power from the wrist and elbow but at the price of accuracy because it messes up the weight transfer in his throwing motion he has so well tuned.

Call me crazy .... call me dumb ... whatever ... perhaps Brady needs a few people telling him he needs to take care of himself for a change. He owes us nothing and he's given us everything he had and more.

Stay under the cap...throw Cassell in there and see what happens. We can go far on this defense and running attack...we did it in 2001 and we can do it again. If Brady does go down...I can see every starter on this team raising their game to compensate...because Brady always did it for them.

I'm done...have your fun...I'll respond to this thread when the news finally comes down on this issue. Someone needs to bang Brady's head against the wall...for the 1st time ever from me...I'm saying he is wrong and dumb on this one...family above team Tom...nobody in that locker room will tell you different.

F.B.N. said:
I'm no docotr but it sure looks like a frayed rotator cuff or torn rotator cuff to me.

I'm no psychiatrist, but it sure looks like a case of fan anxiety here. :)

Hoo boy, good to see you stayed at a Holiday Inn last night:rolleyes:

Wouldn't you think that the long term health of Tom Brady would be the utmost of importance to the Patriots? If he truly was seriously injured, I am sure they would look out for his best interest.

Don't try to make diagnoses from your coach.

Nut, you said the same thing about Antoine Walker taking jump shots when he was with the Celtics (nothing physically wrong with him). Brady is fine, will be listed as probable and is due to have a good game.

This guy is the franchise player, and the team is not going to risk his career for a few early regular season games this season. If he is injured I think it is clear to everyone that keeping him in is not worth it because he is not getting it done. Furthermore it is week 3, not the playoffs. This wouldn't be the type of thing Brady would fight through for a few games. He has the entire season before him and he would not make it through the whole thing with this injury. If anything the team would have him get the surgery now as oppossed to later so he would have more time to recover before next season.

Really bad post. Amateur hour.

For you Jr. MDs out there. It takes as much arm to throw it three miles out of bounds as it does to hit a receiver. Watch the game.;)

F.B.N. said:
It's time for Brady to take off his Superman's cape. Time for him to take care of himself...his health....his ability to play with his kids when he has them. This guy is hurting, he has been hurting, and he's getting worse and not better.

I'm no docotr but it sure looks like a frayed rotator cuff or torn rotator cuff to me. I've borrowed some video from a few friends today. He is definitly short arming the ball whenever possible. Short arming will produce more power from the wrist and elbow but at the price of accuracy because it messes up the weight transfer in his throwing motion he has so well tuned.

Call me crazy .... call me dumb ... whatever ... perhaps Brady needs a few people telling him he needs to take care of himself for a change. He owes us nothing and he's given us everything he had and more.

Stay under the cap...throw Cassell in there and see what happens. We can go far on this defense and running attack...we did it in 2001 and we can do it again. If Brady does go down...I can see every starter on this team raising their game to compensate...because Brady always did it for them.

I'm done...have your fun...I'll respond to this thread when the news finally comes down on this issue. Someone needs to bang Brady's head against the wall...for the 1st time ever from me...I'm saying he is wrong and dumb on this one...family above team Tom...nobody in that locker room will tell you different.
You are a jerkoff.

I may post dumb crap from time to time, it may be annoying to some, but that can NEVER be confused with the bull**** you are posting.

when i come on this site, the last thing I want to see is anything related to Brady needing surgery.

Knock that bull**** off.

what the **** is wrong with some of you people?

Nut, come on.

When? When do you speculate that this injury happened?

I love ya as a poster, I do... but this is eerily BSamson-ish. Right down to the 'come on guys, he owes us nothing' bit.

Seriously. When?

F.B.N. said:
I'm no doctor but.......

Stop right there or did you sleep in a Holiday Express last night?

Let's stop the foolishness. I will buy that you think this, and that's what messageboards are for---to air our thoughts on the subject. However this isn't a small market; if true you wouldn't be the only person noticing this! If he was nursing an injury, something would have been reported. I mean there was a report about a sock higher than normal after the game sunday that let to a leg injury speculation. I have heard a few experts who have watched him in practice and games since he came here; and they dispell the notion that he's hurt. (and they would have more to gain being media if they had the goods on him being hurt, so no reason to BS here)

I think people are looking at our game film and wondering what's wrong with TB when in fact he's been fine. I have mentioned this in other threads but i believe he is just adjusting to our O right now. If the receivers are not finishing their routes, or not running them correctly---then he looks terrible where he puts the ball. Plus he doesn't feel comfortable enough to "know" a guy's going to be somewhere, so he throws it away more now. This "short arming the ball (or keith foulke...ing it:D ) could also be attributed to the uncertainty of where he is going (ie... not comfortable with the wideouts) and trying to get it our quicker in some instances. This stuff will gradually stop with more playing time together for the O.

If TB had this kind of injury he wouldn't have worked so hard (more than before) in the offseason on throwing the deep ball correctly. Not only that but he's put in more reps now this year with the O to get more comfortable with the new guys. He also is not throwing a lot of short routes, but going longer and outside more often (which he wouldn't want to do with this type of injury)

I understand your reasoning (don't agree with it, but understand it) but i just don't think the facts match up----just my $.02:cool:

Last edited:
I think there might be something to Brady hurting his neck from hanging his head so much. I agree with surgery. Throw CJ on that list too, along with Dillon and Gabriel.

Uhh FBN, Brady had shoulder surgery during the offseason before the 2005 season.

I'd rather be bathed by Andrea Yates than read anymore of this crap. My eyes are bleeding, make it stop! Make it stop!

Diagnosing medical problems from video? I get it - you are Sen Bill Frist. When did you become a Pats fan? Shouldn't you focus on the Titans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes