PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Face ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Parcells was a leader.

Do you think he coddled people and was on board with this limp wristed politically correct crap we have today? You hurt my feeling when you yelled at me. Boo Hoo.

Brady wanted to win the game in the now which meant reacting while there was still time to win. Maybe some of you fans would be happier with a loss and knowing that Brady took Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins out for pizza after that game to go over what went wrong.

In all the years I've been watching the NFL I never saw Bill Parcells throw a hissy fit like a 9 yr old. Never saw Joe Cool Montana acting out that way either.
The issue isn't Brady yelling. The issue is Brady showing up his teammates on the field (throwing his hands up in the air, stomping his feet) and acting out like a child on the sidelines. When Ty Law and Troy Brown think Brady was over the top you know it's bad.

Because Tom Brady is rightfully being criticized for his petulant behavior that somehow translates (in the pinkhat mind) that we're turning our backs on him??? :rolleyes:

Give it a rest. Brady's game actually deserves more critical scrutiny and [/B]critique than he receives around here, especially at playoff time.

These young players needs a leader not an emotional diva.

And can you pinkies please stop with the "In TB, I trust"...."In Bill, I trust".
It's as lame as that horn they blow during the game at Gillette.

The epitome of a spoiled Pats fan. Lets critique the best QB to play the game. You know what would piss me off? Tom sulking on the bench. I love his commitment and emotion on the field. We don't know who he was yelling at. Maybe he wasn't yelling "AT" anyone at all. Maybe just yelling, hence the "I have to work on my body language" so people like you don't misinterpret it. And I certainly am not a "pink hat". Just a respectful, thankful fan of the hardest working, QB in the league. I wont critique him when he stumbles. Maybe you should "give it a rest".

bradyRAGE_medium.gif

Marquis Cole is looking at Brady like...."I leave everyone wide open....chill bro...no biggie "

In all the years I've been watching the NFL I never saw Bill Parcells throw a hissy fit like a 9 yr old. Never saw Joe Cool Montana acting out that way either.
The issue isn't Brady yelling. The issue is Brady showing up his teammates on the field (throwing his hands up in the air, stomping his feet) and acting out like a child on the sidelines. When Ty Law and Troy Brown think Brady was over the top you know it's bad.

So calling Terry Glenn 'she' is mature leadership? I like Parcells, but he had his less than awesome public moments, so don't succumb to the halo effect in recalling his leadership. He was a cold form of brutal 24/7, and you do not sustain success with that approach (ie., players tire of it). And find an example of Montana's career when he was confronted with a scenario like this (all rookies) as a veteran QB in the back nine of his career. And it is ironic you call people "pink hats" for not criticizing Brady when yelling at his teammates (Marino and Kelly would did it - it is a reflection of individual personalities and styles) - if it offends your sensibilities and you would prefer to see a softspoken "Nice try. Respect your personhood and keep trying, little soldier!" after a 4th drop, then I suggest you buy yourself one of those hats and choose tennis as your sport of choice. This wasn't the first week of practice, and it was not their first time on the football field. Perhaps you would prefer timeouts for the junior receivers after the screwup while teaching them the game?

I don't know the personality of these receivers (and neither do you), so I have no idea if angry leadership works or not. If they improve quickly, then Brady is right and you are clueless in criticizing him because you know jack about what they might respond to. If they have the "need for positive reinforcement" Sanchez-type personalities, and will fold when scorned, then probably not a good approach. I don't know what is right, but as you are similarly clueless on what form of leadership would work here, I would recommend you accept that fact and criticize Brady after the next game if Dobson and others repeat these mistakes because then you will know the approach doesn't appear to work. Given the time they have to improve, shock treatment may be the best way.

This whole discussion is insane. Football has a quasi-militaristic ethos, complete with the loud, vulgar and belittling chewings-out that entails.

Approve of that or not as you choose, but don't act as if it's new or surprising to you.

Within that ethos, Brady's outbursts make sense.

Maybe you'll get lucky and root for a future Patriot team where the QB doesn't care enough to get worked up when his team mates don't perform. Myself, I'm thrilled with Brady's fiery type of leadership, it's never changed.

I've been following the Patriots since 1961. You might have liked Mike Taliaferro. He never got too worked up during games.

Most of the same people come up with comments like 'Brady doesn't seem to care' when the Pats lose and there is no film of him being angry.

Youve got to be kidding. Parcells went off plenty of times on the sidelines when things went wrong. Even when things went right he was still miserable. If Parcells was under todays scrutiny his antics would be on Sports Center every week.

If the WRs screw up then they deserve to be chewed out by Brady. Im glad Brady cares enough to get angry. Run the correct route and catch the ball. Thats not too much to ask. Its their job.

Maybe I'm over reacting, but I live in Jersey (I know :(). I had to sit on a job today for hours, waiting for an inspector. I had to listening to "The Fan NY radio" all day and hear the BS from NY fans.

You DO know there is a dial on that radio?

I see that clip of Manning and one huge difference is apparent.

The Colts PLAYERS are getting right back in his grill (Saturday and #78) and yelling at him that he is wrong and to go sit the hell down.

The Patriots players are all scared of Brady.

Look at the Brady clip from the the Skins game two years ago and the other night. I see everybody looking away like they wish they could disappear. In the recent one only Quice is off to the upper left side of the screen giving him the "You mad bro'?" look.

Last edited:
I see that clip of Manning and one huge difference is apparent.

The Colts PLAYERS are getting right back in his grill (Saturday and #78) and yelling at him that he is wrong and to go sit the hell down.

The Patriots players are all scared of Brady.

Look at the Brady clip from the the Skins game two years ago and the other night. I see everybody looking away like they wish they could disappear. In the recent one only Quice is off to the upper left side of the screen giving him the "You mad bro'?" look.

Very true, but we need to put things in context. They told Manning to sit down because Manning busted on Saturdays blocking. The guy literally said to him to say all he wants about the passing game or playcalling but don't tell them how to block.

Youve got to be kidding. Parcells went off plenty of times on the sidelines when things went wrong. Even when things went right he was still miserable. If Parcells was under todays scrutiny his antics would be on Sports Center every week.

Yup. Didn't Drew Bledsoe's aunt to say something in the media about how Parcells was too hard on Bledsoe and that his screaming and yelling was counterproductive? I seem to remember this. I was surprised Bledsoe went back to Parcells in Dallas.

Boy do I miss Billy O'Brien. He would get in the face of the diva when the spoiled child would get out of control.

Just remember - you see the true face of people when things are going bad not when things are going good.

Knock it off. Brady is far from a "diva" or "spoiled child." He's a tough-as-nails competitor who cares more about winning than you can imagine. If he loses his cool here and there with guys who are blowing their assignments or not focusing properly, BFD.

what brady needs to do is do whatever it takes to reduce the stress.

things he can do to calm his ass down.

1. yoga
2. tai chi
3. don't watch game tape - it will drive him even more crazy
4. play candy crush
5. take a nap every other day
6. get a good massage
7. say whoooosa 100 times a day
8. sing 'Hail to the victors' very very very slowly
9. watch seinfeld
10. watch buttfumble over and over and over

we need our general to be happy. stress can be reduced. it's all about having a right perspective. you will be fine, tommy boy.

Boy do I miss Billy O'Brien. He would get in the face of the diva when the spoiled child would get out of control.

Just remember - you see the true face of people when things are going bad not when things are going good.

Tom Brady, Bill O'Brien Getting it in... - YouTube

I'm too lazy to go through your post history but I'd be willing to bet you have at least a few posts criticizing Bill O'Brien when he was our OC.

Maybe I'm over reacting, but I live in Jersey (I know :(). I had to sit on a job today for hours, waiting for an inspector. I "had" to listen to "The Fan NY radio" all day and hear the BS from NY fans. Then, I come home to "My team" and "read this crap." That "Face" is the face of this TEAM. Without him, we're done. Sorry, I don't find it funny right now. I guess I'm a homer.

I have some advice. Stop listening to those dorks. Your life will instantly get better.

You know to be honest i am frustrated at the value that is placed on wideouts in our model.

Brady is a first ballet hall of famer and a superstar. His work ethic and preparation is second to none.

I am not saying let's go out and burn a boatload of cash on that position, it just frustrates knowing what we got and I don't want to think that we are wasting the last years of his career.

Football is a team sport, I get it. We have to spend cash on receivers, defensive ends, qb's, offensive line, etc etc....the guys did pretty well in pre-season. Maybe is we can get these newbies some experience on the big stage some of that pre-season production may carry over into when it counts.

Management just really annoys the hell out of me sometimes....Tom does have to dial it down. I would be more inclined to take this approach with veterans, rookies are a bit too fragile at this point. Mental toughness CAN be built up...

In all the years I've been watching the NFL I never saw Bill Parcells throw a hissy fit like a 9 yr old.

?:enranged::violent::beatingcoming::confused2: :flame: :target::scared2:

That's Parcells with a "P"?

Most of the same people come up with comments like 'Brady doesn't seem to care' when the Pats lose and there is no film of him being angry.

We had a long pointless thread about body language, if I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back