PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady currently leads ESPNs best jobs in the nation - Go and Vote for our QB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As awesome as Tom Brady is, I still don't see how he has a better job than (on one extreme) a movie star, or (on the other extreme) the president. Neither of those jobs involves getting clobbered by 300 pound freaks of nature all the time.

Last edited:
As awesome as Tom Brady is, I still don't see how he has a better job than (on one extreme) a movie star, or (on the other extreme) the president. Neither of those jobs involves getting clobbered by 300 pound freaks of nature all the time.

The President's wife and most movie stars wives are not exactly the quality of woman that Tom has in Gisele - So his 'part time' job as a husband has to be considered as well when we talk about best jobs ;)

Not to mention Barack makes far less than Brady

Considering the mess left by Bush that Obama has to clean up, i'm not sure getting clobbered by 300 pound linemen isn't the worse deal. That much responsibility probably feels like a 2000 pound weight on your back every day.

Last edited:
I was gunna put "Rockstar" before Brady, but he already IS a rockstar....so his job is way better.

Ditto. A professional football player (or any sport) isn't as appealing or financially appealing as a "movie star." Here are examples of my point.

Trivia for American Gangster (2007)

When this project was canceled by Universal, actors Denzel Washington and Benicio Del Toro received their salaries nonetheless. A pay-or-play deal was stipulated in both of their contracts that Universal would pay Washington $20 million and Del Toro $5 million regardless of whether the film was made or not. Once this project was green-lit by Universal a second time, under Ridley Scott's direction, Washington returned to the project without an upfront fee. He also received half of his $20 million salary for the previous year's Inside Man (2006), another Imagine Entertainment production.

American Gangster (2007) - Trivia

Will Smith

Salary
Han**** (2008) $20,000,000
The Pursuit of Happyness (2006) $20,000,000
I, Robot (2004) $28,000,000
Bad Boys II (2003) $20,000,000 + 20% of the gross
Men in Black II (2002) $20,000,000 + 10% Gross

Ali (2001) $20,000,000
The Legend of Bagger Vance (2000) $10,000,000
Wild Wild West (1999) $7,000,000
Enemy of the State (1998) $14,000,000

Will Smith (I) - Biography

Ditto. A professional football player (or any sport) isn't as appealing or financially appealing as a "movie star." Here are examples of my point.

True, but as Wes Welker's HS teammate, Graham Colton once said:

"But the thing is, I've always said, Wes would play football even if nobody was in the stands and I'd play music with nobody in the audience."

So, I think, would Tom. (Not that the money doesn't help. ;))

Besides the money, the one benefit of being a starting quarterback in the NFL is that you can look (and have a voice) like Jeff Garcia and have two reasonably attractive females (one of which a former Playboy playmate) fight over you. So, money can make you look good looking if you aren't already an attractive person. This is true if you're a famous actor or a member of a popular band. Also, by just being a sports athlete, it can help you to meet and in some cases get involved with a famous and/or reasonably attractive female no matter if you're a star player or not. For instance, Reggie Bush is dating Kim Kardashian and Rashad McCants is dating her sister, Khloe. The point is, neither of these two players are really star players. Bush is overrated but a star he isn't... Not yet.

Clearly, the best job is astronaut. Second best is Brady's. Third is President, but only if the press is your b!tch, like presently.

Clearly, the best job is astronaut. Second best is Brady's. Third is President, but only if the press is your b!tch, like presently.

Can we please keep this thread from getting banished to the dun—er, Political Forum? :)

Obviously, being leader of the free world would be the coolest job. However, at the moment it has to suck some serious azz. Being shot into space would be pretty cool. Rock stars, and movie stars make a crapload of money, but i have no desire to lead their lives. That leaves TFB.

TFBs job description is as follows.
1. Role model, and hero to millions of Pats fans.
2. Loving father
3. Make buttloads of money
4. Win superbowls
5. Make love to the highest paid super model in the world.

need i say more :eat3:

Obviously, being leader of the free world would be the coolest job. However, at the moment it has to suck some serious azz. Being shot into space would be pretty cool. Rock stars, and movie stars make a crapload of money, but i have no desire to lead their lives. That leaves TFB.

TFBs job description is as follows.
1. Role model, and hero to millions of Pats fans.
2. Loving father
3. Make buttloads of money
4. Win superbowls
5. Make love to the highest paid super model in the world.

need i say more :eat3:

Best job in the world. Can we all have that dream???

mmmmm...we're voting that Tom Brady has the best job in the nation because he's Gisele Bundchen husband right?

oh wait...you are talking about as a quarterback for the Patriots :p

I had to vote Rockstar... love TFB... Would love to trade lives with him... but in the end... he is still married with kids... just like the rest of us poor bastards.

Heyyy...Heyyy.... I wanna be a Rockstar. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes