PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Can't Take A Hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

All_Around_Brown

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This from Shaun "I cant supplant Trent Dilfer" King????

Get real Shaun. You stunk as a QB and you stink as an analyst. I will take you back a few years to show you vid of Brady's helmet getting thrown from his head with concussion type force, and TB jumping back up giving a big first down sign.

Loser

PS Try to get pressure on Brady, go ahead try, and he will totally shred the Dallas secondary.

Last edited:
where was this?

Get real Shaun. You stunk as a QB and you stink as an analyst. I will take you back a few years to show you vid of Brady's helmet getting thrown from his head with concussion type force, and TB jumping back up giving a big first down sign.

Loser

Well to be fair he said the way to beat the pats is to pressure brady as seen on the 1st quarter of the bengals game that he doesnt like to get hit and isnt the same player when hit. Once dallas does this , there will one on one matchups for spencer and newman who are the hidden gems or something of that sort he called to prove that they are a much improved defense.
Iam not sure which QB LIKES to get hit .

Hell, anyone remember that ridiculous spear he took against the Jaguars last year? Half the board thought his back was broken, and he got up and shook it off. Brady is the toughest quarterback in the league, he stands in there and takes the hits to make the throws better than anyone else in the league.

Brady can take a hit, he just usually doesn't have to because the o-line does their job.

NO QUARTERBACK LIKES TO GET HIT. ALL OF THEM do better when they're not getting hit. But the idea that Brady can't take a hit is silly. He's been boxed around plenty and hangs in there, more willing than most to take the hit if that extra second can help him complete the pass.

It's a baseless, stupid point King is making.

Remember the play last year, where someone had Brady by the facemask and he still completed the pass. I was behind King on the golf course, he can't hit a golf ball either.

Brady can take a hit, he just usually doesn't have to because the o-line does their job.

So far this year they have done their job. Much more consistent.

It would be a lie to say that Brady wasn't pounded the last two seasons.

Loser

PS Try to get pressure on Brady, go ahead try, and he will totally shred the Dallas secondary.

Mr. King is just jealous because he couldn't hack it in the NFL...

Also note that Brady is almost always on the injured list; but still plays. That alone should tell you that he CAN take a hit.

Last edited:
Hell, anyone remember that ridiculous spear he took against the Jaguars last year? Half the board thought his back was broken, and he got up and shook it off. Brady is the toughest quarterback in the league, he stands in there and takes the hits to make the throws better than anyone else in the league.
Manning was cut in half by the Skins last season. His face was planted in the Field Turf, and little rubber shards had to be surgically remove from his forehead. That was in the first half. He came back (after sitting out a play). This happened in the first half. He lit the Skins up in the second half. Brady is tough, I agree. Manning is as well. If they could only attain Steve "True Warrior" McNair status:rolleyes:

Manning was cut in half by the Skins last season. His face was planted in the Field Turf, and little rubber shards had to be surgically remove from his forehead. That was in the first half. He came back (after sitting out a play). This happened in the first half. He lit the Skins up in the second half. Brady is tough, I agree. Manning is as well. If they could only attain Steve "True Warrior" McNair status:rolleyes:

Manning is durable. I'm not sure yet that he's tough. Last year Manning changed a bit, but even in the AFCCG we saw a bit of the old Manning a the end when the Patriots finally got the pressure on. It's well known that Peyton gets happy feet and panics when the pressure is on. Peyton does a lot of things better than Brady, but this is one thing that Brady definitely has the edge on. Pocket presence, maneuvering around the rush, staying calm. He has this over Manning. Is that toughness? Well, it's not physical toughness, but it is mental toughness to be able to forget that a few 300 pound monsters are close to putting a hurt on you.

Manning used to melt, but hes one tough hombre now. Gotta admit it. And his pocket presence has gotten as reliable as TBs.

Manning is durable. I'm not sure yet that he's tough. Last year Manning changed a bit, but even in the AFCCG we saw a bit of the old Manning a the end when the Patriots finally got the pressure on. It's well known that Peyton gets happy feet and panics when the pressure is on. Peyton does a lot of things better than Brady, but this is one thing that Brady definitely has the edge on. Pocket presence, maneuvering around the rush, staying calm. He has this over Manning. Is that toughness? Well, it's not physical toughness, but it is mental toughness to be able to forget that a few 300 pound monsters are close to putting a hurt on you.
Thought we were talking physically tough. He did get his jaw busted in a game, and IIRC, missed one play. Mentally, I don't think "happy feet" is indicitive of lacking toughness. Manning has spoken to this point of why he bounces around. Ever see a tennis player play flat footed? They tend to "keep on their toes", ready to move directions and react quickly to a situation. Now, I'm not saying Manning has great foot speed, but I think this is what he alluded to when describing his style in the pocket. I really don't think he's concerned about "looking cool" when say, lighting you guys up for five pass plays of 29 yards or more in your house on a Sunday Night.:D

this is another case of just a moron making crap up.

I remember a game last year when Brady got a helmet to his back on a vicious hit (that wasn't penalized) and i thought he wasn't going to be able to feel his legs.

He was back 2 plays later, and played good.

Last edited:
this is another case of just a moron making crap up.

I remember a game last year when Brady got a helmet to his back on a vicious hit (that wasn't penalized) and i thought he wasn't going to be able to feel his legs.

He was back 2 plays later, and played good.

Excellent post! You doubt my broken jaw story?

Manning was cut in half by the Skins last season. His face was planted in the Field Turf, and little rubber shards had to be surgically remove from his forehead. That was in the first half. He came back (after sitting out a play). This happened in the first half. He lit the Skins up in the second half. Brady is tough, I agree. Manning is as well.
Sounds more like rubber shards need to be removed from your brain. By the way, this thread is about Brady.

I was behind King on the golf course, he can't hit a golf ball either.

great stuff.

I threw my remote across the room when he said TB "can't handle pressure"....he should seriously be fired....where was the host on that one?

I agree that the best way to beat the Pats is "to get pressure on Brady" but NOT BY BRINGING THE HOUSE, you have to somehow do it rushing only 4-5 guys max....or believe me, he will handle the pressure and kill you down the field.

That Jags spear last year was the only time I can remember him missing a play since the Steelers targeted his knees in the '01 AFC Championship (and he was ready to come back in that game too....had the Pats lost that game, do you think BB might've been questioned for not reinserting TB....that would've been a HUGE controversy). All this talk about how tough Favre is and his streak, but FAvre has had tons of games he couldn't FINISH due to injury....not taking anything away from that streak, but it puts Tom's toughness in perspective.

King made it sound like he's some skittish rookie. How can you have played the QB position in the NFL and be that moronic? Then again, he did suck.

Last edited:
Sounds more like rubber shards need to be removed from your brain. By the way, this thread is about Brady.
He can certainly take a hit. He's had very few of them, but some of the ones he has sustained have been doozies! I assume he wears a flak type jacket? I assume all QBs do? I think it is what may have saved him on that spear last season. Nasty.

WTF? Is this a Patriots board? Why does every dfiscussion have to include Peyton ****ing Manning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes