PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady BodyBuilding.com interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truck

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Heres a short very recent tom brady interview (from a place I wasn't expecting it)...
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tom_brady_interview.htm

Question 4 (about the media) was interesting. I never thought about it, but it also goes to prove that the media is wrong about BB's personality as if he (bb) is such a jackass and unlikeable guy, his former players would be talking **** about him (like many players do about many coaches)...

Also good to see him give all the credit to the Giants. But you won't hear the media ever call the patriots classy...
The Giants are a great team and they played a great game, that's why they are Super Bowl champs.

Last edited:
Heres a short very recent tom brady interview (from a place I wasn't expecting it)...
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tom_brady_interview.htm

Question 4 (about the media) was interesting. I never thought about it, but it also goes to prove that the media is wrong about BB's personality as if he (bb) is such a jackass and unlikeable guy, his former players would be talking **** about him (like many players do about many coaches)...

Also good to see him give all the credit to the Giants. But you won't hear the media ever call the patriots classy...

That confirms my idea that there is nothing wrong with BB's personality; he just sees the media as a necessary evil he has to deal with, and that whatever he does or say will be screwed up, taken out of context, or misinterpreted by the media, as long as it results in a good story. And seeing what kind of crap the media has been writing this past season, they are proving him right over and over again.
There was a time that the media would refer to what the BB or the Patriots did as classy, sometimes. But the media has never given the New England Patriots the proper respect, unless they had no other choice. Same goes for the fans of other teams, they started hating them as soon as they no longer were the 'lovable' losers that would steal a win once in a while. Every story on the Pats or comment from other teams' fans I take with a full tablespoon of salt.

PS: Tom is taking the loss better than I am, I still feel a strong mix of embarrassment, disappointment and disgust whenever I think about it.

Last edited:
Tom is taking the loss better than I am, I still feel a strong mix of embarrassment, disappointment and disgust whenever I think about it.

Gisele, plus a month in Costa Rica, plus millions in the bank, I'm sure goes a long way toward easing the pain.

That interview reads like an advertisement with a few questions and answers on the side.

Gisele, plus a month in Costa Rica, plus millions in the bank, I'm sure goes a long way toward easing the pain.

That interview reads like an advertisement with a few questions and answers on the side.

I think you're being a bit hard -- it wasn't a bad interview. There were some quite interesting bits.

Admittedly, referring to the NFL as "a league where there is so much parody" wasn't a good start!

I don't know about you guys, but after that interview I have a hankerin' for some Myo-Med!!!

tom is prob. still mad but he takes his losses like a man..u never hear him complaining about anything..he loves the game & we'll be around for many more years.i think in the end he understands its just a game but i guarantee u bill is already in his office at work for next season..he prob. takes a week off all year haha but thats what coach bill loves most..tom knows he deserves a nice long vacation & hes damn lucky cuz he'll be on the beach with giselle haha

As Scott Pioli recent said, No one he has ever met has a better, clearer perspective on life than Tom Brady!

That kid is pretty unique! He knows life is more than football game and is much deeper and more meaningful than throwing a football far and accurately. He has done pretty well for himself for a 6th round draft pick. He goes into next season as the reigning MVP and BEST QB in the league and one of the greatest of all time. That last drive by the Giants has not changed everything.

Last edited:
Good find. I visit that site but didn't realize they have this type of article.

I do believe Tom has his public relations side and personal side. He has repeatedly said he is a sore loser (in his 60 Minutes interview he stated you know he lost a checkers or backgammon game when the pieces are thrown everywhere) so I have to believe he will be stewing over this loss.

But with Gisele and a little Myo-med, I'm sure he'll be ready for next season.

This Post Is Brought To You By "Myo-Med"

Tom and Tomlinson are spokesmen for Myo-Med.

Although after spending 95% of the AFC Championship game on the bench he may be out of a job.

Obviously, last week's game is still very fresh in my mind and that really stung, but you try to move on from it and use it to motivate yourself for the next year.

I know that seems like such a generic answer but coming from his mouth I just cant help but be pumped for next season and feel so blessed that I get to watch BB/TB for many more seasons. I just have this feeling there is so much more we are gonna see from them, and before its all said and done we are gonna be treated to many more moments of incredible joy and amazement.

Last edited:
The point about ex players not bad-mouthing BB was very perceptive and suggests that this interviewer is a lot more knowledgeable about the NFL than many of the mediots who make a living talking nonsense about it. Also, Brady's comment that there are HC's who have great public images and are bad coaches was also very telling. I'll bet every (honest) player in the NFL would only need a nanosecond to give the names of the coaches to whom TB was referring.

As to the misspelling of "parity" as "parody," I actually think it's quite clever, albeit likely unintentional. The NFL is at times a true sendup of itself, with Rex Ryan and some of the more foolish actions/comments of Goodell as recent examples.

As to the misspelling of "parity" as "parody," I actually think it's quite clever, albeit likely unintentional. The NFL is at times a true sendup of itself, with Rex Ryan and some of the more foolish actions/comments of Goodell as recent examples.

As you say, there's a lot of parody -- mostly self-parody -- in football, but I don't appreciate our quarterback apparently channelling his inner Emmitt Smith.

Reading the interview took me back to 2007 and it left a bad taste in my mouth all over again. I really still can't stand anything that references anything about that season. Also, I have to be honest in saying that I don't believe a word that Brady said about the negative comments not serving as motivation. I believe they used all of the negativity that year as motivation. I guess they just weren't motivated enough one last time.:mad:

Brady should have said Randy Moss in the slot a few times would have won it for us.:rolleyes:

Reading the interview took me back to 2007 and it left a bad taste in my mouth all over again. I really still can't stand anything that references anything about that season. Also, I have to be honest in saying that I don't believe a word that Brady said about the negative comments not serving as motivation. I believe they used all of the negativity that year as motivation. I guess they just weren't motivated enough one last time.:mad:

ya but he cant just come out and say that, i mean he can but he sounds so much more mature when he says what he said. also it clearly did serve as motivation any 1 remember the screaming match he got in with pits free saftey

ya but he cant just come out and say that, i mean he can but he sounds so much more mature when he says what he said. also it clearly did serve as motivation any 1 remember the screaming match he got in with pits free saftey

Well, that was my point. I understand all the reasons he may not be able to come out and say it, but that's irrelevant to me. I just know that he's lying through his teeth.:D;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes