PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady: Best draft pick of all-time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit of revisionist history, isn't it? As I recall Moss was projected to be a top ten pick despite playing at Marshall and questions about him (tested positive for smoking pot while on probation for getting in a racially-fueled fight in high school.) If I'm not mistaken most people at that time were very surprised that he slipped all the way to #21 in that draft.

If he was projected to be a top 10 pick, doesn't that mean that everyone from 11-20 didn't have the guts to pull the trigger? Minnesota should get credit for doing what it seems everyone else was afraid to do.

If he was projected to be a top 10 pick, doesn't that mean that everyone from 11-20 didn't have the guts to pull the trigger? Minnesota should get credit for doing what it seems everyone else was afraid to do.
I think we're getting into semantics here and I'll just say we agree to disagree.

To me taking Moss at #21, or for example Tampa Bay taking Warren Sapp at #12 are no-brainers. The risk/reward factor is a lot different at #21 than it is at #5. In my opinion having players like that fall into your lap is more a result of poor decision making by other teams and less of having the nerves to make a gutsy call. Sure, they should get credit for doing what other teams were afraid to do but I wouldn't characterize those teams taking those players at that point as a high-risk, nerves of steel decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back