Welcome to PatsFans.com

Together we can't... stay in hotels with union labor

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Dec 22, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +366 / 4 / -2

Personally, I'm glad he did what he did. Maybe he's trying to show that he won't be a yes man like some of us feel he'll be. We'll see though.

As for the article:

The South Boston hotel also bans employees from accepting tips, which doesn’t sit well with some workers.

“It’s not fair,†said one doorman, who didn’t want his name used. “We stand out here in the cold and the rain.â€

Instead of allowing employees to accept tips - a perk that is a major income source for union hotel workers - the hotel tacks on a $3 per day fee per guest that is spread among the staff.

Janice Loux, president of the Boston Hotel Workers Union, blasted the no-tipping system, saying: “Not being able to receive gratuities put the workers at that hotel at an economic disadvantage compared to union hotels.â€

My guessing is that the hotel probably pays more in salary than the tipping hotels do. Furthermore, what is it with tips these days. EVERYONE wants one. Makes me wonder if I should put a tip cup at my desk. The worst of all is Dunkin Donuts. After they have the nerve to gouge you for a $2 coffee, they expect you to them pay their employee's too. Anyone else bothered by this stuff? I used to wait tables in college, so I understand the importance of tipping. I just think that those who now expect tips is getting out of hand.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +482 / 1 / -9

The whole state is going to have a lot of trouble with this guy, they haven't seen anything yet, can't say to much about him though, the Politically Correct Police are just waiting for something they can call racist, they love it, they get sexually aroused at the thought of "playing the race card"
  4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Amen to that. I pride myself on being a good tipper but geez, I saw a tip cup at Dairy Queen... I'm thinking "dude I waited 15 minutes and you got me a goddamn ice cream cone and charged me $2.50. I'm the one that deserves the tip."
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +366 / 4 / -2

I was in Jamaica in '05. Had to tip central. EVERY Jamaican wanted a tip, and telling them to "not piiss in the wind" wouldn't suffice. Anyhow, my friends and I rented some jet ski's and left our shirts by the vendor. When we came back, our shirts were gone, and individual people were holding them. So I said to the dude holding mine "hey, that my shirt, can I have it?" to which he replied, "sure, how about a tip for holding it?"

Yeah, don't piiss in the...

:bricks: