Welcome to PatsFans.com

Together we can't... arrest illegal immigrants

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Dec 22, 2006.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +837 / 27 / -33

I live in RI, where the statey's are considered our state's elite police force.. they get involved in a lot of stuff, but if they we concerned with just stopping illegal immigrants outside of the context of crime it would be a waste of their time. Here they have enough to do and do a good job.

3. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

There are way too many reasons it would be a bad idea (other than my pinko-commie tendencies, as I'm sure someone in their infinite wisdom will point out). The biggest problem is it would keep illegal immigrants from reporting crimes. If an illegal gets robbed and doesn't call the police, they have no chance to catch the thief and he continues robbing people. As much as you may hate illegals, people actually comitting crimes against other people are a bigger problem.

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

Yeah because people who steal identities of other people, or who enter a country criminally, aren't a real problem.

:bricks:

5. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You're playing dumb again, and you're not this dumb. While illegals are a problem, violent criminals are a bigger problem. Would you rather arrest someone who's here illegally, or a burglar, rapist, or killer?

6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Um, do you not know what the word "illegal" means..? :rolleyes:
    NEWSFLASH: Being an illegal immigrant is a crime. Hence the word "illegal".

Why do so many liberals have no problem turning a blind eye to a problem that is destroying our country...?

7. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Same thing I said to Real World. If there is one police officer, and he sees a teenager smoking a joint at the same time that he sees a man about to rape a woman, he will go after the rapist even though both the teen and the rapist are breaking the law.

Likewise, given the choice between arresting an illegal immigrant (who does cause harm to society) and arresting someone comitting a violent crime, the choice should be to arrest the violent criminal. If illegal immigrants (yes, they're criminals) don't report more serious criminals because they're afraid of the police, those serious criminals will still be on the street.

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

Arrest Them Both, For Christs Sake

9. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

In my example, there was only one cop. As soon as he starts arresting one, the other runs away.

Taking that to the real world, you can't arrest them both because either 1, you arrest the illegal immigrant, and illegal immigrants stop reporting crimes. Or 2, you arrest the violent criminal and let the illegal walk, even though you know he's illegal.

Maybe part of life is making consessions for the greater good, even when you know you're morally right.

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

I'd rather cops arrest all criminals they come accross, and not ignore any. If a cop pulls an illegal over for a traffic violation, and said person is an illegal, the trooper should incarcerate them, and not let them go.

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

Pujo, if two white guys are on opposite corners, and one white guy is smoking a joint, and the other is raping a woman, I would think the cop would concentrate on the rape, and ignore the joint. Therefore, I really don't understand what your point is.

12. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Now read the second paragraph. I don't think I'm being unclear. Arrest illegals, and illegals won't report violent criminals. What's worse?

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

That's assinine. So lets not enforce our countries laws because an illegals might not report some crime that they may, or may not witness? Should we therefore apply these same principles to other americans? How about we deport all the illegals in the United States, so that we don't have to worry about them potentially not reporting a crime.

The excuses of the pro-amnesty, pro-illegal crowd are becoming increasingly illogical.

14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's because they're morons. The logic is as follows:

Cops shouldn't bother with petty larceny because someone out there is committing grand larceny.

Cops shouldn't bother with grand larceny because someone out there is committing rape.

Cops shouldn't bother with rape because someone out there is committing murder.

It's moronic logic. Look at what Rudy Guiliani did in NY. He wanted to clean up the city, and he did so by strictly enforcing the smallest of crimes. The liberal morons opposed him saying "the cops should be going after real criminals, not the street washers and small timers." But Guiliani's plan worked to perfection. Even before his heroic actions on 9/11, he was still seen as one of the best mayor's in recent NY history.

15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

It isn't politically correct to arrest an Illegal Alien, America has gone crazy with all this "goody goody sh!t".