PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Todd Pinkston, David Boston Released ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

flutie2phelan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
... by Vikes & Bucs, respectively.

I want neither Alligator arms or Barry Bonds jr.

I'll pass thank you. Id rather have Bam and John stone on the roster.

Gotta luv the way that fans are impressed by NAMES vs no-name playiz. Thank Gawd that we have a FO, fallible that it is, does not go for hype.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Gotta luv the way that fans are impressed by NAMES vs no-name playiz. Thank Gawd that we have a FO, fallible that it is, does not go for hype.

It's just the facts, Wicked, just the facts.

Any interpretation is yours.

flutie2phelan said:
It's just the facts, Wicked, just the facts.

Any interpretation is yours.

You report
We decide

I can't help but think there are some teams who might be looking for a 1A or 1B type WR in the next couple weeks....let the bidding begin.

Does Pinkston qualify as a 1B? I'd say maybe an average at best #2.

Boston has barely played in 2 years. I would discount the stats with the Cardinals. It's easy to catch passes against a pre-vent.

onegameatatime said:
Does Pinkston qualify as a 1B? I'd say maybe an average at best #2.

Boston has barely played in 2 years. I would discount the stats with the Cardinals. It's easy to catch passes against a pre-vent.
Pinkston doesn't qualify, period.

1A was Branch
1B was Givens

In this case I believe Minnesota is using Troy Williams as their number 1, but they may like a 1B - and you have to love the way they are trying to buy a contender.

I'm not sure what the Bucs have, but they also want to be contenders. Plus Seattle has to still be thinking about their situation. We'll se if injuries in the next couple games make things more interesting.

I was being generous about Pinkston as a #2. He can be a #2 when there is no safety bearing down.

I think Branch is a very good receiver. Not top 10, but I think 10-20 is about right and a legit #1 (just not a top #1). Anyone who doubts this, get out your 3GTG III.

The whole situation is so sad.

I'd like to see the Pats squeeze Seattle for more picks, which will likely be low within the rounds (a #2 will be a 50-60 pick, not a 33-40). I do not want Branch in our division.

onegameatatime said:
I was being generous about Pinkston as a #2. He can be a #2 when there is no safety bearing down.

I think Branch is a very good receiver. Not top 10, but I think 10-20 is about right and a legit #1 (just not a top #1). Anyone who doubts this, get out your 3GTG III.

The whole situation is so sad.

I'd like to see the Pats squeeze Seattle for more picks, which will likely be low within the rounds (a #2 will be a 50-60 pick, not a 33-40). I do not want Branch in our division.
Ideally, the little twit gets a clue and gets his butt back in the locker room - he'll get his payday. Second best is a 1 and a mid-round pick.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Pinkston doesn't qualify, period.

1A was Branch
1B was Givens

In this case I believe Minnesota is using Troy Williams as their number 1, but they may like a 1B - and you have to love the way they are trying to buy a contender.

I'm not sure what the Bucs have, but they also want to be contenders. Plus Seattle has to still be thinking about their situation. We'll se if injuries in the next couple games make things more interesting.

Man, I'd love to trade Branch for Williamson straight up, don't know if Minny would do that though.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Ideally, the little twit gets a clue and gets his butt back in the locker room - he'll get his payday. Second best is a 1 and a mid-round pick.

Them's the two best outcomes we might reasonably hope for, alright.

But i'd flip them.
Don't want twitTwig back.

ps - "Vinitraitor" is a nickname that has garnered some popularity hereabouts.
So what does one term the REAL traitor?

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:

At what point does it become impossible for Deion to come back? Seems to me it would be tough already.

If he comes back in week 11 just to avoid losing the contract year, do you trust him to have the drive to win, or do the Pats sit him down? Especially if the Pats fine him the max.

onegameatatime said:
At what point does it become impossible for Deion to come back? Seems to me it would be tough already.

If he comes back in week 11 just to avoid losing the contract year, do you trust him to have the drive to win, or do the Pats sit him down? Especially if the Pats fine him the max.
If he comes back week 10, then I'd say all bridges are burned. The fan anger doesn't matter worth a hill of beans unless some idiot starts throwing rocks - the locker room shouldn't be too upset with him, he hasn't fouled their nest. The question will be how the front office handles the situation...

Box_O_Rocks said:
If he comes back week 10, then I'd say all bridges are burned. The fan anger doesn't matter worth a hill of beans unless some idiot starts throwing rocks - the locker room shouldn't be too upset with him, he hasn't fouled their nest. The question will be how the front office handles the situation...

If I were a player, I'd hate Deion right now. Could he care any less about the team?

No matter when Deion comes back, he needs to get booed relentlessly. Somebody needs to let him know this isn't how we do things on the Patriots.

PatsWickedPissah said:

Those are two Names on whom I'll also pass, thank you. However, there are available other Names with whom I would readily replace Reche Caldwell, if he soon doesn't remove his head from his *****.

BradyManny2344 said:
If I were a player, I'd hate Deion right now. Could he care any less about the team?

No matter when Deion comes back, he needs to get booed relentlessly. Somebody needs to let him know this isn't how we do things on the Patriots.
Why would you hate him as a player? It's a business, just ask any player who lived through the Malloy purge and the Brady v. Bledsoe coup. The guys with real sour grapes for the locker room went to Cleveburgh and Indytown. Deion has said nothing to denigrate his teammates, he has said nothing to denigrate the Pats organization (his Agent and the Agent's media lackeys have done that). As fans we're upset because we want our heroes. As a front office, BB and SP may be miffed at the tactics, but the goal is to either get the player into camp or get a good return on your investment. Every account I've ever read says Deion is a prince in the locker room, I see no reason for his teammates to hold a grudge - let the fans do that, it's our job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes