PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Todd Mortensen vs. Corey Bramlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Let's just assume for the sake of argument that BB decides against signing a veteran to be the back-up, and pencils in Matt Cassell as the back-up. Who wins the battle for 3rd stringer? I don't have NFL network and wasn't able to see Mortensen play. Bramlet is a rookie, and I didn't see any Wyoming Cowboy games last year.

Perhaps BB is trying to get some developmental youth at the QB position as a whole.

hmmmmm, no love for this battle. Let's rephrase the question. Which is more advantagous, playing in NFLE or Bramlet being the only QB in the rookie camp we just had.

Here's another Q..do they keep 3 QBs??? OR like some teams do...keep a 2rd QB on the PSqd...???

PATRIOTS-80 said:
hmmmmm, no love for this battle. Let's rephrase the question.
Rephrase it all you want. The question simply makes no sense in June. A rookie and an UDFA signed in January. What basis is there to choose between them? At least wait until mini-camp. See who Felger dislikes. Pick that guy, especially if Reiss says he is doing well.

Pats726 said:
Here's another Q..do they keep 3 QBs??? OR like some teams do...keep a 2rd QB on the PSqd...???
I'd keep Brady and Cassel and one or both of the guys listed here on the PS. Save a roster spot but have a guy who can be "called up" if disaster strikes. There's some risk to it but I'd do that over losing a guy like Britt or Roach.

King Kong.....

spacecrime said:
See who Felger dislikes. Pick that guy
Pick on Felger day, I see ;) Well he was right when he said Terrell looked slow and non quick in the drills last year compared to the other WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
BelichickFan said:
Pick on Felger day, I see ;) Well he was right when he said Terrell looked slow and non quick in the drills last year compared to the other WR.
That he was. He was also right about Starks.

Last edited by a moderator:
spacecrime said:
That he was. He was also right about Starks.
A blind pig.........

The only tisk is if 2 WBs go down in a day...NOT likely.....I'm bot advocating it...just a thought as a few teams do do that....

BelichickFan said:

I fear if they keep their #3 on the PS and he shows any slight promise, he will be signed away by another team. This would defeat the purpose because you want your 3rd QB to actually be able to come in and not completely take away your team's chance to win. Also I have seen a team have 2 QB's knocked out of a single game on more than one occasion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back