25. Damian Williams* WR USC 6-0⅝ 191 90
26. C.J. Spiller RB Clemson 5-10¾ 196 90
27. Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma 6-6 262 90
28. Javier Arenas CB Alabama 5-8½ 192 90
29. Brandon Graham DE Michigan 6-0¾ 274 90
30. Jerry Hughes OLB TCU 6-1¾ 252 89
31. Tony Pike QB Cincinnati 6-5⅞ 209 89
32. George Selvie DE South Florida 6-3 239 89

Some intersting omissions, such as OT Brian Bulaga, DE Arthur Jones, LB Sean Weatherspoon, and Ochmed's boy DT Terrance "Mount" Cody. Sergio Kindle and Jonathan Dwyer are both ranked in the 20's, within striking range.

I'd scratch any RB's off our first round list, in fact first three rounds, I'm quite happy with what we have - I just wish the coaches would show more faith.

If we were to go with one, it would be Best, who is a true beast.

We did the LSU Miss St. game yesterday (very exciting game) and I got to see Lafell. He had a decent game and did some really good things out there. I did not see the superior quick twitch that BB loves, but everything else is as advertised.
I watched OT Black of LSU some and his game is really sloppy. Hard to imagine BB being interested in him.

Florida and LSU next week. We are there, but will Tebow be there. He took a nasty hit, could have a concussion or whiplash.

If Mount Cody fell to us at #32, I would be elated!

McClain is a beast, but now that he has lost his buddy Hightower, hard to say how it will affect his game for the rest of the season.

Even though the Pats are stocked at safety, that Berry kid from Tennessee is a player to build around.

Even though the Pats are stocked at safety, that Berry kid from Tennessee is a player to build around.

I'll be happy to take him if he's available when we pick in the 1st round. :D

Todd McShay from ESPN Insider just posted his current top 32 list:

Draft Buzz: - ESPN

Some intersting omissions, such as OT Brian Bulaga, DE Arthur Jones, LB Sean Weatherspoon, and Ochmed's boy DT Terrance "Mount" Cody. Sergio Kindle and Jonathan Dwyer are both ranked in the 20's, within striking range.

Isn't that Jones at #13? I like him (Go Orange!), but that seems awfully high. I'm also surprised to see Locker in that atmosphere.

As of now, Hardy is my guy...although if Arrelious Benn is best available at #32, I'm on board, WR drafting record be damned. Best I've seen since Calvin Johnson.

And keep your eye on Blount. If he starts to fall due to that week one punch, he's a great value towards the end of round 2.

If Gresham falls to the Pats spot, I'm willing to bet what's going to happen...

Last edited:
Isn't that Jones at #13? I like him (Go Orange!), but that seems awfully high. I'm also surprised to see Locker in that atmosphere.

As of now, Hardy is my guy...although if Arrelious Benn is best available at #32, I'm on board, WR drafting record be damned. Best I've seen since Calvin Johnson.

And keep your eye on Blount. If he starts to fall due to that week one punch, he's a great value towards the end of round 2.

If Gresham falls to the Pats spot, I'm willing to bet what's going to happen...

Hardy is on my short list of guys who could play 4-3 DE and the Elephant for us, but right now I think Derrick Morgan from Georgia Tech has passed him up. Better motor, more consistent, less injury prone. Hardy when on is a beast, though.

Yea, I was also surprised at the Jake Locker ranking, wow, and way above Tebow.

That is a head scratcher,,
But the young man has a TON of athletic talent, and a NFL arm. He made several NFL throws in that "weird" game against USC (couple of weeks ago )that were exceptional.

But in his next game, he throws the No, No,No- pass for the interception. With the proper coaching,, he could be special, but he's not there yet.

Jake Locker

You guys need to pull your collective heads out of the sand. Tim Tebow is a man w/ out a position at the next level. He has a long throwing motion with a terribly slow release. The best quarterback prospect available is Jake Locker and to me it is not even close. Locker, Bradford and Tebow all have NFL bodies. Bradford is accurate but I still question his arm strength and durability. Good intangibles though. All Tebow has going for him is his toughness and intangibles. Locker is a similar prospect to Elway when he came out. Locker is THAT good. 6'3 235lbs, rifle of an arm his accuracy has improved dramatically since playing under the new HC. Ran a 4.4 fourty to boot.

Drafting players is not about the team the players plays for. It is about the player. Tebow and Bradford have NFL offensive lines and NFL offensive weapons. Locker is a beast carrying a team by himself.

Re: Jake Locker

You guys need to pull your collective heads out of the sand. Tim Tebow is a man w/ out a position at the next level. He has a long throwing motion with a terribly slow release. The best quarterback prospect available is Jake Locker and to me it is not even close. Locker, Bradford and Tebow all have NFL bodies. Bradford is accurate but I still question his arm strength and durability. Good intangibles though. All Tebow has going for him is his toughness and intangibles. Locker is a similar prospect to Elway when he came out. Locker is THAT good. 6'3 235lbs, rifle of an arm his accuracy has improved dramatically since playing under the new HC. Ran a 4.4 fourty to boot.

Drafting players is not about the team the players plays for. It is about the player. Tebow and Bradford have NFL offensive lines and NFL offensive weapons. Locker is a beast carrying a team by himself.

Sorry, where has anyone said anything different? The only post I can see about Locker actually backs yours up.

They were questioning why he is so high. One other thing to look at is only Locker of the three takes snaps from under center. It is a very large transition if you have never taken snaps under center.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back