PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Todd McShay says Gholsten is overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gholston was more attractive when he was a "sleeper" and now everyone has their lips attached to his back. Everyone but Todd McShay and I wouldn't be surprised if Kiper came out and said that Gholston could go in the top three.

Every draft has a ton of overrated players. This draft is no different. IMO there isn't much top teir talent at the wide out position, the QBs are extremely poor causing scouts to seriously look a Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan, and I strongly believe that Jake Long is not the multi year pro bowler they expect him to be.

Gholston was more attractive when he was a "sleeper" and now everyone has their lips attached to his back. Everyone but Todd McShay and I wouldn't be surprised if Kiper came out and said that Gholston could go in the top three.

Every draft has a ton of overrated players. This draft is no different. IMO there isn't much top teir talent at the wide out position, the QBs are extremely poor causing scouts to seriously look a Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan, and I strongly believe that Jake Long is not the multi year pro bowler they expect him to be.
I'd agree with that summation... I see 2 for sure future pro-bowlers out of this class. Chris Long and Sedrick Ellis, with Dorsey coming in 3rd due to health issues.

I'm not discounting the report - but if I'm a team picking at #7 and I want the guy, I go out of my way to have friendly sources leak a suggestion that he's under-rated and not worth a top 6 pick.

At this time of year I take a very skeptical look at the information and misinformation about players.

dude .....

Well i just hope every other team thinks he is overrated so that we can get him when we are up at #7, i really think that he is a Demarcus Ware clone

I read a scouting report on him about a month ago.There are so many I don't remember who's report it was. But I do remember it was the first time I read anything negative about Gholston. The report said he was TO MUSCULER, that he had no flexability,that he couldn't change direction because he is "to muscle bound". It went on to say that he wouldn't make a good OLB in a 3-4 because he wasn't agile enough,he was better suited as a DE in a Tampa 2 defense.

I don't know about too muscular. But I agree with this take. He makes all of his plays with his hand on the ground. He is not another Demarcus Ware, i doubt his ability as a pass rusher standing up or setting the edge from that position. However, that does'nt make him an overrated player, I just don't think he would be as versitile or as effective here as some people think.. He's definately goin' in the top 3, and it's more than likely he will make a good pro if he lands in the right place to utilize his skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back