PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Today's Spin Of The Time Machine for Italian Pat Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCal Patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Today's spin isn't about a game or a date but it is about a couple of players. The first guy I would like to focus on is probably the Greatest Patriots Player that most people don't immediately think about.The Player is Julius Adams.In my view any "Short List" of Great Patriots MUST include Him. He had the combination of size and speed that is rarely seen. He also had a great knack of making "Big Plays". He was constantly "Double Teamed" and it was when The Patriots got Tony McGee from The Chicago Bears ,they switched to the 3-4 Defense and started to play much better Defense than We had seen until that point. It all came together one day against Denver in Foxboro when The Patriots Defense recorded what seemed like 10 Sacks in one day and came close to killing Steve Ramsey,The Bronco's Quarterback.
Julius Adams played his entire career as a Patriot and He would often meet with The Fans at "The Red Snapper" after victories and enjoy the celebration with The Foxboro Faithful. He was a good guy and a GREAT PLAYER! Number 85 will always be remembered by those of Us who watched his entire career.He was simply sensational!
Another guy from that era who never gets a mention and should is Leon Gray.He was simply a sensational Left Tackle.With John Hannah and Leon Gray on the left side,The Patriots ran left all day long!They were simply tremendous.

Last edited:
#85 is one of my all time favorites, in fact it is my sig on Pats Planet, should be here also.. but that is a different story. He was the consummate blue collar guy, never made the headines, but showed up every sunday.. played for a lot of years.. interestingly tried to look him up in alumni sites and he seems to have flown under the radar. Didn't his son play or supposed to play for an NFL team?? He is avery good memory.

I know that his son played at Texas A&M but I don't recall if He had an NFL career.

Keith Adams:

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=30286

Pro Career

2005: Started all 16 games at weakside linebacker for the first time in his career ... Amassed a career-high 101 tackles and one pass defensed ... Ranked third on the team with 18 special teams tackles ... Contributed to coverage units that finished fourth in the NFL in opponent punt return average and tied for ninth in kickoff return average ... Vs. San Diego (10/23): Generated nine tackles ... Helped the Eagles limit Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson to a career-low seven yards rushing on 17 attempts ... At Arizona (12/24): Accumulated a season-high 12 tackles.

Signed by the Dolphins as a free agent on September 4, 2006.

Leon Gray was a terrific left tackle. He and John Hannah were quite a

combo. After the 1976 season, Gray and Hannah agreed to new contracts

but the deals were over turned by Chuck Sullivan. Gray and John Hannah

sat out the first two regular season games in protest. The first deal

the Sullivans made after Ron Erhardt was installed as coach was trade

Gray to Miami and make Wimpy Wheeler the left tackle. The team got

progressively worse and Erhardt was fired after a 2-14 season.

Last edited:
Leon Gray was a terrific left tackle. He and John Hannah were quite a

combo. After the 1976 season, Gray and Hannah agreed to new contracts

but the deals were over turned by Chuck Sullivan. Gray and John Hannah

sat out the first two regular season games in protest. The first deal

the Sullivans made after Ron Erhardt was installed as coach was trade

Gray to Miami and make Wimpy Wheeler the left tackle. The team got

progressively worse and Erhardt was fired after a 2-14 season.

Jimke,My friend Dan and I walked right past John Hannah,Leon Gray ,and their agent Howard Slusher on the day those negotiations broke down as We were heading into the Stadium.It was an hour before the 1st regular season game. My friend Dan said to Me,"I guess Hannah and Gray won't be playing today." John Hannah overheard our conversation and turned toward Us and Said,"No S$$T " !!! We all laughed and John ,Leon and Howard stopped Us and said"Don't worry,We'll work this out." They did,two weeks later.
One further note,their agent Howard Slusher went on to become President of Nike and I ran into Him at The Portland Airport in Oregon. I recalled the story to Him and We both had a good laugh.Those were certainly different days.

Last edited:
NoCal Patriot: as usual, good job !

ps = next time pls let me know what happened after the Win against Cincinnati (the game that gave us 1985 play-offs)...i know there were a lot of...ehm...celebrations...

Last edited:
NoCal Patriot: as usual, good job !

ps = next time pls let me know what happened after the Win against Cincinnati (the game that gave us 1985 play-offs)...i know there were a lot of...ehm...celebrations...

OT - What part of Italy do you live in?

OT - What part of Italy do you live in?

born in Milan and i live in Como, North Italy;have you never heard 'Lago di Como' ?

yes, very near Switzerland, Canton Ticino

And I can tell you (as a complete neutral) that it is one of the most beautiful spots in the whole world.

lake-como.jpg

And I can tell you (as a complete neutral) that it is one of the most beautiful spots in the whole world.

lake-como.jpg

I start a thread about two old Patriots and it turns into a Travel Show about Northern Italy ! I am not in the least complaining but I do think that it's only right that We schedule an "American Style Tailgate Party" at Italian Pat Patriot's Lakeside Villa.Mike the Brit,You're invited too!

on Lago di Como there are many 'villa' of celebrities as surely you know...

i.e: George Clooney but many more

perhaps also Tom Brady will come here...

ps = NoCal Patriot: next story pls the last regular season 1985 game against Cincinnati and expecially...the celebratrions after the game...

lake-como.jpg

have you been in this area ?
Como, Cernobbio, Lecco...

I start a thread about two old Patriots and it turns into a Travel Show about Northern Italy ! I am not in the least complaining but I do think that it's only right that We schedule an "American Style Tailgate Party" at Italian Pat Patriot's Lakeside Villa.Mike the Brit,You're invited too!

Sorry -- but not too sorry! It's a LONG off-season and there's only so much one can say in speculation about Brian Daboll, Asante Samuel and Chad Jackson's maybe-injury. I don't have the fund of Patriots stories you do (keep them coming, please -- I love them!) so I'm giving my penchant to wander off-topic full rein.

A tailgate on Lake Como would be more than brilliant. Probably better to go for the red wine than Italian beer, but there are plenty of nice things to grill with olive oil, garlic and rosemary.

Yes, I have been to Lake Como, IPTP, but a long time ago. In fact, I seem to remember camping there, so I'm afraid we must have lowered the tone for the film-star set. I know Lago di Garda better -- and that's not too shabby either.

Beautiful site.Italian pat patriot i love pizza :D :D

Amo la pizza :p :p

I don't have the fund of Patriots stories you do (keep them coming, please -- I love them!)

i love them too...NoCal Patriot is able really to catch the best attention as he explain in details and you 'catch' the athmosfera like it was today's...

his Monday Night post (Pats-Jets) was amazing and his first post (Bob Gladieux, Ben Dreith, etc) was one of the best ever, imho.

great !

Beautiful site.Italian pat patriot i love pizza :D :D

Amo la pizza :p :p

ciao grande Fonsy ! evviva la Espana ! evviva la paella, cerveza e sangria !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing