Welcome to PatsFans.com

Today's Race-Baiting thread...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Jan 16, 2006.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

wistah,
    Your the only one with the balls to say it, Nagin is Black liberals usually look the other way when guys like him act up.
    I wonder if this will get the publicity that sh it head Pat Robertson got when he said God gave Sharon a stroke.
  3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Wow just wow, I wonder what the reaction would be if the Mayor of Tupelo, Mississippi came out and said "We are going to be a vanilla city, again just like god wants it"

Nagin is a joke, no wonder there was so much chaos in NO after Katrina.
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Just proves how bad things are between blacks and whites. I can't believe it! Race relations in this country have done a full 360 since the early 80's and the socially retahdid comments from this guy sound to me like he's completely lost it like "Nicky" in the "Deer Hunter". Dartmouth College actually has segregated dorms so blacks can be more comfortable and less threatened in 2006. You can hear Martin rolling over in his grave.
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Many Blacks want it like this, that has always been a thorn in the side of the "we know what's best for you" do-gooding liberal, they are shocked and frustrated to see at lunch time in school cafeteria's all across America that Blacks seek out Blacks to sit with, liberals have to face the fact that there are many, many Blacks in this country that want nothing to do with "Whitey".
    They prefer their own people.
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Republican turned Democrat Nagin won because he had support in the New Orleans white community and some support in the black community. He's hardly a role-model of liberalism and his rhetoric is more similar to Pat Robertson than Howard Dean. Both Nagin and Robertson invoke God's name recklessly. Both are bigots. Nagin's comments are essentially a conservative stand, albeit from a black person.

Wistah, I did not know that Dartmouth College had segregated dorms. But, what I do know about that college is that it's generally regarded as one of the more conservative schools.

A liberal would not call for a black New Orleans or segregated dorms.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I'm so sick and tired of this f-cking sh-it
  8. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

What are you referring to, and what were you expecting this thread to be like?
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I'm referriing to the racial climate in this country. I have a very close friend who is black and he feels the same way

I'm also tired of conservatives blaming liberals and vice-versa.
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Wistah, racism is caused by conservatives. Period. The conservatives won the south because of a racist campaign. The conservatives put prisons in Republican areas because prisoners are counted as part of the Congressional District, yet have no voting rights. The conservatives pushed absurd laws that have about 10% of black men in prison, many for crimes such as drug possession or other relatively minor crimes. In 9 states, 1 in 4 black men can never vote again. Open your eyes, Wistah. Sure there are few weird liberals out there, but don't dare pin this tragedy on liberalism that, even at its worst, makes an honest effort to eliminate the racial divide. There's a reason that blacks tend to be liberal and are almost always Democrats.
  11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

:singing: :singing: :singing:
  12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

:rofl:

Please have another sip of Kool Aid from your DNC flask!

You realize that programs like afirmitive action and quotas cause more racial divide in this country than anything. When you make special programs that single out people based on race this is the discourse you get. Modern liberalism tells people they can not make it on thier own,(for the life of me I don't understand why they believe this) so they offer handouts. Liberalism has created poor inter city schools, race and economic envy and exploit it the best they can.
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

PFIEL, Your dated outcries might have been relevant in the 50s, but they sound ridiculous now. Schools were much worse before liberalism, because there were no court rulings requiring states to help even the quality of education between poor districts and rich districts. Race is an issue in the Republican Party; otherwise, there would be more blacks in that party, quite obviously. And, if you think well over 90% of blacks are exploited by the Democrats, then you regard black people as ignorant and incapable of making the right decisions for themselves. That's racism in and of itself.
  14. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So why are more whites Republicans than, are the democrats turning their back on them? Your argument is stupid.
  15. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

If measured by most criteria, PFIEL, the Democratic Party is quite integrated, which means that it appeals to people on levels other than race, sex, sexual preference, religion, etc. The Republican Party, based on its demographics, clearly has more appeal to white men than to other groups. It's a convenient fact for liberals, but I don't really see anyway around it for you.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

The liberals want to keep them down so they can play with them, Jessie Jackoff wants them surpressed, thats how he makes his living, if everything was the way "Liberals say they would like it" there would be nothing to "b itch about", the NAACP would go out of business.
    Liberals like to act "Motherly" at their c ocktail party's they brag about how they "Help the poor black community" when in reality they are keeping them down, right where the phony do-gooders want them.

So, if I was a black man and they told me my kid wasn't smart enough to learn how to read unless whitey was sitting beside him, if they told me I couldn't get a good job unless I used the color of my skin (affirmative action), if they told me I couldn't survive without their "handouts" then I too would sit back and say "ok lets have some of that free s hit".

This is why Liberals have no use for Condi Rice, Colin Powell, Bill Cosby, Morgan Freeman, ect,ect. They are well spoken, well educated, and they all worked their own way up the ladder, they didn't need the "Slobbering Liberal"
    One of America's biggest hate filled Racists called all these people "House N iggers", that racist Black KKK Man, Harry Belafonte.

There are many from the Black Community just like Rice, Powell ect, you just don't hear of them, the Liberals prefer you didn't.
    The liberals call them "Uncle Toms"
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  17. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Now your talking out of both sides of your mouth, but so typical for liberals. So the democrats are right about everything because most blacks belong to it, but the Republican are wrong about everything because most whites belong to it?
  18. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

No, PFIEL, all that I am saying is that the Republican Party has a program that white men find especially attractive, therefore it's reasonable to assume the Republican program is attractive to white men. Why do you think that is?
  19. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Because they don't believe in affirmative action, quotas or race baiting?
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Agreed, it's called common sense, law and order, family unity, morality, christian, love of country, patriotism, respect for others and the freedom to stand up and say to all who would try and destroy us "DON'T TREAD ON ME, YOU WILL REGRET IT"
  21. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Kwanzaa is only 11 months away Harry. Happy Kwanzaa.
  22. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It's because most of the wealth in America is in the hands of white people (more specifically the x-wives of rich white men..that's a joke, son). Blacks have no chance of obtaining wealth at this point (generally speaking) not only because of traditional laws from the 50's set up by conservative whites that overtly exclude them, but also because of the new compensatory laws that, however well-intentioned, have backfired horribly and set our black brothers into a cycle of poverty, disenfranchisement, crime and imprisonment.

My point is that any laws that show preferential treatment for one group over another create resentment and isolation. The whole multi-cultural crap my kids have to hear in school is the opposite of American unity and is very destructive and confusing to young minds. Black kids and white kids hear from their teachers that we should celebrate the differences in our culture. Then they both go home and have to listen their 35 year-old parents who were raised in the 70's that we're all the same as Americans and it doesn't matter what color you are. This IMO perpetuates the myth of the old school racists that whites live here and blacks live there - and whites like Dave Matthews and blacks like Jah Rule because we're different. These new laws (affirmative action, racist drug laws, preferential college admission quotas, you name it) clearly identify the receipients as being inferior and in need of "extra help" to those who cannot benefit from or, in some cases, hurt by them.

I don't have the answer, but I can see that the results of the present course do not lead to social or national unity, and that's what's important to me. My eyes ARE open and I live in a real world that doesn't resemble the promise of MLK's hopes. I wish my dad was a billionaire so I could run for president - I'd figure out a way to straighten out this sh-it once and for all. Maybe we could have a discussion on how to actually fix this without using the words "liberal", "conservative", "republican", and "democrat" because that gets us absolutely nowhere.
  23. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

1. Legalize soft drugs such as marijuana, stiffen penalties for dealers of hard drugs and create drug farms/rehabs for 1st possibly 2nd using offenses.

2. Disband the NEA and restart the education system that hold teachers, faculty and parents responsible, Fair compensation and no tenure. And get education out of the federal governments hands.

3. Instead of free project housing start a government mortgage program for people with problem credit, instead of just for perfect credit. People who own home probably have more pride in their property.

4. Put more choice back in the hand of local government instead of state and federal. My borough council and school board are more in step with their community then Senator Kennedy or Senator Frist.

There are more but this is what I can think of for now.
  24. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Wistah, liberalism made great strides toward achieving equality with such measures as the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act, laws preventing discrimination in the federal workplace, as well as numerous laws passed in the 70s that give women and others greater protection against harrasment and discrimination. Then, in came Reagan, and we cut back programs designed to help the urban poor, equalize the playing field for minorities, punish corporations that discriminated, and so on. The liberal approach has not been perfect, but we are a more equal society now than we were prior to MLK and JFK. The liberals at least have an approach and have challenged the status quo with a great deal of success. I'm not saying every liberal program was perfect, but they did help in many ways.

I don't think there is a perfect answer. By rectifying the wrongs of the past, we risk harming other people, as is the case quotas, which most liberals now largely oppose. But, programs that encourage corporations to integrate, that give poor people extra opportunities to develop skills, that reduce cronyism and nepotism in the workplace, that allow people to sue if they feel they were discriminated against, etc. are good, even if they're not perfect.

Affirmative action was originally intended as a way to force and encourage employers to really try hard to hire minorities. This was especially an issue in industries (such as many urban fire and police departments) that were old white boy networks, and had few if any people of color. When corporations and cities didn't take affirmative action seriously enough, the response was to impose quotas. That was probably not the best response, but how else do you get people who prefer white colleagues to hire black ones? It's just not so easy.
  25. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

wow...I agree with each of these.

here...get some :bricks:
  26. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Ignorance at its finest ... nice display, Patters ...

Conservatives didn't cause racism, it's part of human nature. Each individual needs to overcome it. More blacks are in prison because more blacks commit crimes. Face reality.

The Right wants everyone to sink or swim on their own - personal effort, personal accountability. You need to earn public assistance, you're not born with the right to it.

The Left wants to keep the majority (of minorities, but everyone if possible) floating just below the surface, welfared into a false sense of security so they keep voting liberal.

Now, as to Mayor Wonka ... I mean Nagin ... look up political suicide and you'll find his picture ... His speech, and the statements that followed, have all but ended his career.
  27. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

"More blacks are in prison because more blacks commit crimes. Face reality."

Chevy, in a sense thats true, but not completely. More blacks serve time for drug offenses than whites. More blacks serve time for petty crimes than whites.

This is socioeconomic reality. Part of it is due to the inequitable prosecutions of non-violent crimes, part is the economic conditions of their communities, and part of it is the cost of legal defense. The deck is stacked against minorities on all three counts.
  28. Patters

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Thanks.

Semantics. Their policies promote racism.

Part of that process is to educate people and have sanctions against racism. It's harder to come up with sanctions against subtle institution racism; that's why programs to empower people are useful.

Actually, I don't believe the prison population is mostly black, but there are a disproportionate number of blacks in prison, and there are numerous studies and cases that show that blacks are more likely to get longer sentences or be falsely arrested than whites.

The right doesn't support any of that, but they talk it. The right is providing the Iraqis with billions of dollars in assistance, much of it for jobs and training. The right gives no bid contracts to numerous corporations. The right is still trying to blame Clinton for everything that has gone wrong under Bush, rather than take responsibility. As far as public assistance goes, we need effective programs. Handouts of the past obviously didn't work, but better schools, more police, daycare, jobs training, etc. should be available.

So, you think the the majority of minorities get public assistance? That's truly ignorant. Or you think that the liberals have fooled minorities, but not white people, into acting against their own best interest? That's ... I won't say it.

Hate to agree with you, but he certainly seems like a fool (a right-wing one, IMHO).
  29. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

New Orleans (pre-katrina) 70% of the total population was non-white (actually, I believe it was higher), while 65% of the total population was on public assistance.

AFA the liberals fooling minorities ... they didn't have to. The "they owe us" attitude has been cultivated since the civil rights movement. As the touchy-feely era grew strength (late 60's through the 70's), minorities, especially the black community, was coddled. Those on welfare didn't feel the sting as much seeing as they attitude was "they owe us". In a way, that attitude was justified at the time. However, the next logical step (taking full advantage of the new opportunities in education), the norm became to lay back.

Fast forward to the 90's. Political correctness rears its illogical head. Now, it becomes improper to make any negative claim about any minority - in fact you are likely to be labeled a racist for making a factual claim - say - The Hip Hop culture has a major negative impact on today's youth. See, you say that and you're likely to be branded as a hater.

See, I'm with Dr. Cosby on this one. It's not what whites are doing that's holding the black community down, it's what blacks aren't doing. They aren't stressing education in the home; they aren't stressing social morals in the home. Somehow, being educated, repsectful of your surroundings, and wanting more - with the will to try and get it, is "trying to be white" and is frowned upon.

I am not racist. I've never judged someone based on their ethnicity. I've never denied someone fair treatment based on their color. I don't care about race.

A lot of my current views are based on what I have seen first hand. To go from 12 years in the service (Air Force), where you have a class of people about a step above the norm, to inner-city New Orleans ... Well, it's a shocker.

Oh, and Nagin a Right Winger? Well, he was on paper. Personally, I think he's got both wings on the same side and can't manage much but to fly in circles and crash.
  30. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Good post. I agree with everything except in that group of hard-core drug dealers should go drug companies selling mood-altering drugs (now called "psychoactive enhancers") to children AND adults as well as their street-level dogs, now called "psychiatrists" and "school departments".

I get a laugh when someone gets caught growin weed in their yard and they live within 1000 ft. of a school, they lose all their stuff and get another 10 years tacked on, while the school nurse dishes out speed to all the kiddies and suspends all the boys who won't go on ritalin.

But I digress....