PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Today and going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BradyToMoss

My thoughts at this point:

The secondary:

James Sanders (As I've posted many times now) has PEAKED OUT. He's a 3rd saftey on many teams. If anyone noticed, on the long Deltha O'Neal plays, guess who was seen running to the play seconds after the catch, that's right #36. Deltha was bad, but Deltha needs safety help and he gets that help when Meriweather is on the field and doesn't get it with Sanders. James Sanders NEVER seems to be around the football, he's taken bad angles on tackles which have lead to big plays, as we witnessed in the Cheifs game and others. He is never, ever around the football and this prevents him from making any kinds of big plays. Which bring me to my other point regarding personnel. James Sanders (As I''ve posted before) has no right starting over Brandon, NONE ! Meriweather and Rodney should be the primary safeties in this offense.

Onto this overpaid D_Line:

Personnel-wise, there's really not much that can be done. I think Big Vince is playing the best and is holding up his end, Ty Warren's play has dropped some after he got his contract but not as much as Richard "$$$$$" Seymour. As I posted last week, Seymour was mauled in SF and again invisible last night. What a major disappointment this guy has been when you consider the money he has been paid over the last 3 seasons (Highest paid player in the NFL in 2006). The man is a shell of what he once was and the scary thing is that he can't use the injury excuse anymore.

The pass-rush or lack-thereof: I have to look at Mike Vrabel, as I've posted before, the man is on the back-9 and it's time to start spelling him with the younger, fresher guy, Crable. I scratch my head with BB on the "inactive status each week" with Crable. We haven't generated a pass rush in 5 freakin weeks and we have a really good edge rusher in Crable who is in street clothes. WTF ??

My solution to the lack of a pass-rush (Spell Vrabel) with Crabel and light a fire under Mike, because he's not cutting it. And start getting creative with some CB and Saftey blitzes, I have seen none of this from the Capers/Peas couple, How much longer do we have to wait BB?

Onto the QB:

As I have posted before, I am not a Kool Aid drinker, I always knew Cassel was inept and that the wins that we did get, were against piss poor teams and I knew as soon as he had to face his first legit challenge that he would pee his pants. Kevin O'Connell, at the very least is more mobile than Cassel and he would help the OLine issue with his mobility. I also think, believe it or not that KO, based on what we've seen, is smarter than Cassel and will make better reads and quicker reads. Cassel's turtle-like read progressions are flat out killing this football team. It's a two-way street, the QB/OLine work in harmony and with Cassel, he has done his OLine, NO FAVORS, none. His lack of pocket presense and curl-up like a snail whenever someone breaths on him will suck every ounce of life out of an offensive line.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts at this point:

The secondary:

James Sanders (As I've posted many times now) has PEAKED OUT. He's a 3rd saftey on many teams. If anyone noticed, on the long Deltha O'Neal plays, guess who was seen running to the play seconds after the catch, that's right #36. Deltha was bad, but Deltha needs safety help and he gets that help when Meriweather is on the field and doesn't get it with Sanders. James Sanders NEVER seems to be around the football, he's taken bad angles on tackles which have lead to big plays, as we witnessed in the Cheifs game and others. He is never, ever around the football and this prevents him from making any kinds of big plays. Which bring me to my other point regarding personnel. James Sanders (As I''ve posted before) has no right starting over Brandon, NONE ! Meriweather and Rodney should be the primary safeties in this offense.

Onto this overpaid D_Line:

Personnel-wise, there's really not much that can be done. I think Big Vince is playing the best and is holding up his end, Ty Warren's play has dropped some after he got his contract but not as much as Richard "$$$$$" Seymour. As I posted last week, Seymour was mauled in SF and again invisible last night. What a major disappointment this guy has been when you consider the money he has been paid over the last 3 seasons. The man is a shell of what he once was and the scare thing is that he can't use the injury excuse anymore.

The pass-rush or lack-thereof: I have to look at Mike Vrabel, as I've posted before, the man is on the back-9 and it's time to start spelling him with the younger, fresher guy, Crable. I scratch my head with BB on the "inactive status each week" with Crable. We haven't generated a pass rush in 5 freakin weeks and we have a really good edge rusher in Crable who is in street clothes. WTF ??

My solution to the lack of a pass-rush (Spell Vrabel) with Crabel and light a fire under Mike, because he's not cutting it. And start getting creative with some CB and Saftey blitzes, I have seen none of this from the Capers/Peas couple, How much longer do we have to wait BB?

Onto the QB:

As I have posted before, I am not a Kool Aid drinker, I always knew Cassel was inept and that the wins that we did get, were against piss poor teams and I knew as soon as he had to face his first legit challenge that he would pee his pants. Kevin O'Connell, at the very least is more mobile than Cassel and he would help the OLine issue with his mobility. I also think, believe it or not that KO, based on what we've seen, is smarter than Cassel and will mkae better reads and quicker reads. Cassel's turtle-like read progressions are flat out killing this football team. It's a two-way street, the QB/OLine work in harmony and with Cassel, he has done his OLine, NO FAVORS, none. His lack of pocket presense and curl-up like a snail whenever someone breaths on him will suck every ounce of life out of an offensive line.

Yeah, good points. I'm still on the Cassel bandwagon, as if BB sees something then who am I do disagree. O'Connell does have experience playing behind a crappy line and running and improvising without urinating on himself though.

I agree about Seymour and Vrabel. BB likes veterans too much. Football is a speed game now more than ever. Vrabel isn't that fast and he's what? 35?

1. not sure about Sanders. was he not able to help due to wrong defense being called?? we got burned on a lot of man to man

2. D- line - i cant agree. our d-line is solid, no one runs on us. symour is fine.

3. matty cassel is no TB. in fact he is not an NFL starting calibre QB. i cant argue with you on that one. i would prefer to see KO in there, since this is clearly a developmental year for someone

Need to find a way to beat Denver.

2. D- line - i cant agree. our d-line is solid, no one runs on us. symour is fine.

I agree, no one runs on the Pats D.....cept maybe the dolphins for like a bazillion yards. and why would anyone bother to run on the Pats when it's so damn easy to just heave the ball downfield and laugh as you pick up huge chunks of yardage?

Yeah, good points. I'm still on the Cassel bandwagon, as if BB sees something then who am I do disagree. O'Connell does have experience playing behind a crappy line and running and improvising without urinating on himself though.

I agree about Seymour and Vrabel. BB likes veterans too much. Football is a speed game now more than ever. Vrabel isn't that fast and he's what? 35?

Vrabel is 33 and your Football Knowledge is pure comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes