PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TO vs. Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Over on the CMB, we have this comparison every now and then.

Just curious-how would you guys compare the 2, and which is better?

To me, Owens excels at short/intermediate routes, while Moss excels in stretching the field.

I would call it a draw as both have different strengths. However-what they have in common is that they command so much respect from opposing DCs, that it ends up being "pick your poison" when they have to game plan. And not to mention too both are VERY underrated blockers.

As for who's the better teammate, gonna have to go with Moss. With his previous stints in Minny and Oakland, he ended up being the scapegoat when things went sour for those teams. Owens has become a decent teammate here in Dallas, but, of course, his history is well chronicled overall.

The only thing Owens has over Moss is Yards After Short yard Catches. Moss isn't as strong and agile so Owens but Moss is still better. His hands are godly.

TO definitely gets the win.......when it comes to *****ing out your quarterback. (calling Jeff Garcia gay / blaming McNabb for the superbowl loss)

TO also gets the win....when it comes to crying after a playoff loss. Randy Moss loss the Superbowl with an undefeated season. Did he cry? Maybe after he got home, but certainly not during a press conference.

I think TO is more underrated, and it's definitely a close competition. They're both exceptional at what they do, but I do think that Moss is ultimately better. TO is exceptionally hard to contain, whereas Moss requires an entire defensive gameplan that's pretty much predicated on stopping him.

I was a little hard on TO. The guy is just about as good as Randy Moss, any football fan will say that. He's pretty much the reason why the Cowboys are favored to win the Superbowl. Nuff said.

TO is a much better self-promoter.

if TO had better hands, I'd take him every day....that said, I'm not sure....I'd like to see Moss have some better cold-weather games this year.

TO is a better all around reciever on the field, more of an athlete. Moss has a more rare skill set, more apt to make the difficult catch...but he plays too much with his hands by his sides. BB has this same concern I suspect, and wants him to go up for every ball instead of letting it come to him. He doesnt go for the low ball very well, he dropped at least a few of those last year. And his stats in cold weather games are notedly below average. But he is a gamer, a great teammate, and I suspect a really solid guy. I think this will be his week to shine, maybe his best game of the season as the Phins cant cover a glass of milk.

TO is a better all around reciever on the field, more of an athlete. Moss has a more rare skill set, more apt to make the difficult catch...but he plays too much with his hands by his sides. BB has this same concern I suspect, and wants him to go up for every ball instead of letting it come to him. He doesnt go for the low ball very well, he dropped at least a few of those last year. And his stats in cold weather games are notedly below average. But he is a gamer, a great teammate, and I suspect a really solid guy. I think this will be his week to shine, maybe his best game of the season as the Phins cant cover a glass of milk.

Didn't TO lead the league in drops last year?

were gonna find out whether moss is a good teammate this yr...so hold off on that...

as for recievers...ur right, TO is better underneath while Moss is amazing deep...

i think DC's gameplan a little more for moss then TO, but i would assume TO is a better blocker then moss

were gonna find out whether moss is a good teammate this yr...so hold off on that...

as for recievers...ur right, TO is better underneath while Moss is amazing deep...

i think DC's gameplan a little more for moss then TO, but i would assume TO is a better blocker then moss

You are right, he might change his tune if we start losing. I am sure he took it hard when Brady went down, he knows his time for getting a ring is getting short. I really hope Moss is used in the gameplan more, he is more likely to stay "into" the game--doing things like blocking downfield,etc.

Ever since Moss's rookie season I've felt at full strength, this is the #1 guy I'd want on my team at wideout, period. It still remains as far as whether Adrian Peterson can keep up his pace but so far Moss is the most explosive player I've ever witnessed in the game and has made more of a difference on his team than any non-QB since Jerry Rice. He made Daunte Culpepper, Jeff George and Gus Frerrotte look like All-Pros. Made Randall Cunningham look like it was the 80's. Yeah there have been many arguments due to his character and everything but didn't Marvin Harrison just shoot at some guy this offseason anyways?? Just stupid. Gimme Moss over all of them, including TO and his drops.

Moss is the second best receiver to EVER play in the NFL. TO is a fine receiver, but it really isn't close.

Didn't TO lead the league in drops last year?

I know he did in 2006. But it is not necessarily the quantity of dropped balls that matters. It's the quality. From the few games I watched of him last year, he still seems to possess the unique ability to time his drops to 3rd downs, successfully killing a drive.

Despite all his positive attributes, that trait alone prompts me to say Moss is the better receiver.

By a show of hands its Moss! (pun intended)

Where I would rate TO over Randy is making plays after the catch. TO is much more muscular and can makes moves and break tackles with comparitive ease. Moss is more of the finesse player with deceptive speed, but not a great juker.

Unfortunately TO's ego is dominant to exclusivity and with his sometimes careless hands I wouldnt even put him second to Moss on active WRs, heck I'd even put Welker above him.

TO's love of Romo is I suspect the sad realization that there are no other QBs left in the league that will be able to feed his needs as the teams with good or great QB's seem to value team over individuals (of course there's always Cincinatti)

To whoever said something about Randy keeping his hands by his sides:

Moss does that for a reason. Many DBs 'track the ball' by watching the receiver's hands. Moss keeps his hands low until the last possible second, so the DB doesn't get tipped off to when the ball is coming and has to watch for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes