PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TO vs. Moss by Champ Bailey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Owens being faster than Moss is laughable.

Moss is fast. They are both shifty as all get out, and can get a lot of yac.

Moss is faster, but Owens can get more YAC from the short yardage plays.

They are both "pretty good Wr's"<as Bill would say.

Owens being faster than Moss is laughable.

Champ never says that Owens is faster than Moss. The poster makes that assumption. Champ only says "they are both fast".

Chalk it up to hometown homerism. Not a big deal.

everyone there is claiming that those categories equal 3 for Owens, 2 for Moss and 1 tie meaning Owens is better lol. I wish they could have gotten Bailey to say if he had to cover one of them, which one it would be.

Owens is stronger but more stiff and his hands are much worse.
Moss is lanky and has amazingly superior acrobatic control as well as hands like superglue.

Also, without any real proof to back this up, I think Moss is deadly on almost any pattern, whereas they run Owens at mostly just a few of the same things, and he isn't as good at some other routes.

Last edited:
Champ gave TO the speed/quickness because TO has ALWAYS gone full speed. Moss was known to quit when he didnt care/ wasnt winning in Oakland

so its more "consistency with speed/quickness"

i'll agree with the rest. TO is almost a perfect WR if his hands were better and mouth was weaker but i actually like some ****y players.

TO is fast. Hes huge for a WR..tall and built. He goes 100% all the time..he blocks very well, hes very hard to bring down

Moss is FASTER. Hes tall but kind of lanky. Hes been going 100% here but not in past. Hes got tremendous hands and balance/adjusting for balls in the air.

both are great WRs..im happy with the 1 we have but i certainly wouldn't have minded the other when he was let go by Eagles.

my type of WR is TO because his strength and break tackle ability. Im a huge Boldin fan as well and a Brandon Marshall.

i think as they get older..i think TO can actually be a more effective WR because if Moss ever loses his speed..its gonna be rough especially if he loses some athletism as well (jumping, etc). Owens on other hand can still be strong..outmuscle CBs because his game isnt built around speed.

well, lets see here...
bailey said those things...rit? when he played TO being thrown the ball by macnabb? thats a pretty good qb...

when he played Moss, who was throwing HIM the ball? collins? rodgers? do i even have the rit names? no idea...

ask baily whether he wants to cover TO as ROmo his qb, or Moss, as Brady his qb...i think the answer would be pretty easy...it would for me

Umm, I see no link to that. It is posted on a Cowboy message board. It seems ludicrous that an NFL player would actually answer those questions. even if he did, was the 'edge' what Bailey said, or what the poster concluded?

Is this a real interview that was published somewhere or was it made up by a cowboy fan, partially or in full?

Umm, I see no link to that. It is posted on a Cowboy message board. It seems ludicrous that an NFL player would actually answer those questions. even if he did, was the 'edge' what Bailey said, or what the poster concluded?

Is this a real interview that was published somewhere or was it made up by a cowboy fan, partially or in full?

The assessments sound pretty on the mark to me. If it's fake it's a very educated forgery.

Edit: And with the link posted above it's pretty clear it's legit.

Last edited:
well, lets see here...
bailey said those things...rit? when he played TO being thrown the ball by macnabb? thats a pretty good qb...

when he played Moss, who was throwing HIM the ball? collins? rodgers? do i even have the rit names? no idea...

ask baily whether he wants to cover TO as ROmo his qb, or Moss, as Brady his qb...i think the answer would be pretty easy...it would for me
Let's all keep in mind Champ Bailey played in the NFC with the Washington Redskins while TO was with the 49ers and Moss was with the Vikings.

Then he was with the Broncos while Moss was with the Raiders. So he's seen a fair bit of both WRs.

To amend the above post a little bit, here's when Bailey has been on the same field as these guys.

Randy Moss

Teammate for 3 Pro Bowls
Code:
Week 10	2005	Raiders	Collins
Week 16	2005	Raiders	Collins
Week 6	2006	Raiders	Walter
Week 10	2006	Raiders	Brooks

Terrell Owens

Teammate for 3 Pro Bowls, Against for 1 Pro Bowl
Code:
Week 16 1999	49ers	Young
Week 3	2002	49ers	Garcia
Week 8	2005	Eagles	McNabb

Some of this seems accurate but I'd like to know If it was Bailey or the reporter who gave Moss & TO their edges in each respective group?

I doubt Bailey would actually give one or the other an edge at something.

Some of the edges I don't agree with. TO is not faster than Moss, and never has been. Bailey doesn't even say that either. Bailey on Moss' speed "He really doesn't run fast until he has to. That's what's scary." That doesn't sound like he's saying Moss is slow it sounds like he's talking about what we've all noticed, it seems Moss glides (still going fast though) then turns it into an extra gear when he has to.

Also, We all know the young Randy was faster than TO ever thought of being, and was able to turn quick outs into home runs just using that speed.

And keep in mind Bailey played Moss most often while he was a member of the Oakland Raiders, if he were to play against this version of TO (the one getting passes from Tom Brady) I think some of his comments would alter even if only slightly.

PS: the two things the article gives Moss the edge in are very important for WR's (Route running, and hands) and I'd personally give him the edge on speed as well. Let's also not forget who's the better deep threat and who has much better leaping ability. Plus, Moss has never been an azz to his team members like Owens so I think you all know who I'd take.

Last edited:
Moss is also a much better route runner. I heard a dall writer say today that a numbe rof romo's INT's are from TO breaking off his route.

To amend the above post a little bit, here's when Bailey has been on the same field as these guys.

Randy Moss

Teammate for 3 Pro Bowls
Code:
Week 10	2005	Raiders	Collins
Week 16	2005	Raiders	Collins
Week 6	2006	Raiders	Walter
Week 10	2006	Raiders	Brooks

Terrell Owens

Teammate for 3 Pro Bowls, Against for 1 Pro Bowl
Code:
Week 16 1999	49ers	Young
Week 3	2002	49ers	Garcia
Week 8	2005	Eagles	McNabb

thanks unoriginal...now if moss has brady to throw to him...baily's job will be a lot harder...and i would bet moss edges would increase

Moss is also a much better route runner. I heard a dall writer say today that a numbe rof romo's INT's are from TO breaking off his route.

Yea, that's what I said. the two areas they give to Moss (Route running and Hands) are extremely important for WR's, and Moss hands are MUCH better than TO's. Again, I'll take the guy with great hands, better routes and much better leaping ability any day of the week.

I'm actually kind of surprised at my boi remix reppin' TO.

Last edited:
Moss may be faster, but if he is, the difference is hardly worth debating.

Both have run 40 times in the 4.3ish range, and I know for a fact that TO ran the 100 yard in 9.02 seconds...a time that's right there with the current world record holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots