Welcome to PatsFans.com

To Those Who Wonder

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Why Palin's Kid's Are Sometimes Fair Game------

Following her second dance on the "Dancing With the Stars" finals Monday night (Nov. 22), Bristol Palin was a bit put out by the judges' scores. She said to the camera backstage, "We went out there. I did my best. I had fun, regardless of our low scores. It's whatever, it's up to the voters now."

She then said "Going out there and winning this would mean a lot. It would be like a big middle finger to all the people out there who hate my mom and hate me."

Bristol Palin wants to give 'big middle finger' to haters by winning 'Dancing With the Stars' - Pop2it - Zap2it
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

One thing I ponder about Bristol and Sarah, is how they sell their brand as parent or a model family?? Sarah is a parent of a special needs child and Bristol as a single parent, but they seem to spend an inordinate time away from their families pursuing their own interests.

It is difficult to reconcile, not that they do not have a right to do what they do.. but haven't mothers in the past been criticized for putting careers ahead of families??? It seems contradictory towards the product that Sarah is trying to sell...

From my view, Sarah is concerned about her marketing/political endeavors first, and family second.. and it seems that Bristol is following in her footsteps.
  3. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

This family has got to be the most shameful entity to republicans. They always like to show their "classiness" on a regular basis. :rolleyes:
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

Did someone on this forum say that I "Harry Boy" was obsessed with Sarah Palin........
    :singing:
  5. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +128 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Bristols inner Trailer Trash rears its ugly head again.
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

While I agree that this bitterness was misplaced here, I can understand that she has acquired some. Very, very early after Sarah Palin was chosen as the VP running mate Bristol became a conduit hateful pundits used to get to her mother. Bristol didn't deserve the hate. Sitting here in front of our computers its easy to second guess every response she has for it and I do think the high road would have been better but I can also give her somewhat of a break too.
  7. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +630 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I actually wonder why anyone cares what Palin's kids are doing. That is an article I would want to read.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  8. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was only shocked to find Jennifer Grey is 50. :eek:
  9. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

This is what kills me. No one is "hating" her or her mother. She wasn't voted off because we dislike her and her family, she's simply a terrible dancer, she has to face facts.
  10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think she's held on to the trashing she took back in 08 and now two years later she feels some poetic justice with the dancing, feeling that it must be driving the haters from then nuts that she's been successful. I think she's misreading it though and you're right that now it is about her dancing. That said it's got to be a grind and talent or no talent she put in a lot of effort. It's not her fault voters figured out a way to tilt the system. Remember Sanjay on idol?
  11. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -4

That may be the case re some pundits, I have no idea. And I agree that none of it should have been directed at Palin's daughter.

however, I do think it was fair game, if Palin was touting abstinence-only as the best form of sex education (and I don't know whether she was), to point out the results in her own family. That's a fine line to walk, in terms of not making it personal toward Bristol, but I think it's one that was legit (or would have been, if handled correctly).
  12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Exactly. I understand the irony and pointing it out is legit but Bristol was the brunt of some pretty hurtful jokes. That's what wasn't fair.
  13. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +128 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I think she looks better now than she did in dirty dancing.
  14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't wonder why Palin's kids are fair game, I know why they're fair game: Because Palin is an evil Republican.

You just better not say anything about Chelsea, Sasha or Melia or all hell will cut loose.
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Bristol is an adult, a separate entity so to speak, an adult who has chosen the limelight, the limelight did not choose her.. there is a difference.

She is choosing to market herself, pretty much the same way her mom does.. thus she is fair game. If and when Obama's kids reach their majority and make the same choices then they will be fair game also.

BTW Chelsea was pretty much dragged all over the place during while residing in the White House.. her looks or lack thereof became a very big amongst the folks from the right who like to define people by how pretty they are.. go back and listen to Herr Rush, he did a number on her.
  16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Was Bristol Palin an adult during the summer of 2008?

We all know "there's a difference" Darryl. She's a Republican. That's all "the difference" people like you need.
    Bullcrap. Chelsea was off limits and was as protected from the media as could ever be imagined - much like Sasha and Melia. The liberal media didn't devour their own. But Bristol Palin has been making headlines for about 2 years now.

Rush Limbaugh made one comment on his TV show which I gladly admit he shouldn't have made. He apologized for the comment and claimed it was a mistake (though I doubt it was). But your warped perspective remembers that single incident as being a daily 3-hour bash Chelsea fest.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

We are talking about dancing with the whores first of all, which Bristol voluntarily agreed to be part of as an adult.. she is now an adult and has chosen to be in the limelight, thus she is fair game.. just like Cheney's daughter.

Rush bashed Chelsea just about every day, he used her as fodder to denigrate Clinton. Drudge just followed along, he used unflattering pictures. You were obviously not listening then, Rush has always liked the handsome pretty people and if you listen to Rush long enough, you would understand.

Kids should never be part of the political discussion, let them be kids.
  18. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

You go to bed nights with the Palin's on you mind ... :p:p:p
  19. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +128 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Harry does, he has Sarah on his mind and his hand.........:singing:
  20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What a disgusting, despicable, misogynistic thing to say. Where's Mrs.PFnVA's self righteousness when we really need it?

But hey, they're women who wear skimpy outfits and dance on televsion. And one of them actually had a child out of wedlock. :eek: So in Darryl's world of hatred for all womankind, they are all whores.

What's it like living in a world of such bitter hatred and anger? Have you ever tried to analyze yourself to see where the source of your misogyny comes from?
    Oh really? And did you listen to Rush Limbaugh faithfully during the early 90's? You can keep saying it but that will not make it true. Limbaugh bashed Bill everyday, and he bashed Hillary every day, but he hardly ever mentioned Chelsea.
    Boy for someone who says kids should not be part of the political equation, you sure spent a lot of time in the late summer of '08 talking about Sarah Palin's children! But wait, Trig's almost an adult right? I mean seriously. He'll be 18 in 2026 so he's fair game!

"Bristol's baby is due in January sometimes and even though there are plans for a marriage, it may not take place. What is more important the inaugaration and all that goes with it or your daughter??" - DarrylS, 9/2/08

"Trig is has an extra chromosone, and will require probably more care than a baby who has less. How does Trig fit into the equation?? " DarrylS, 9/2/08

"Obama is a dad, does not have a pregnant 17 year old.. does not have a down's baby.. " - DarrylS, 9/2/08

"Do you know if dad and Bristol are coming??, she is pregnant due in January" - DarrylS, 9/2/08

"another azzwipe comment, I am not running for VP she is.. Another thought, everyone knew Bristol was pregnant in her little Ak world.. " DarrylS, 9/2/08

"Why did you take your family into the limelight? Particularly Bristol, before this week about 100 people knew she was pregnant now about a gazillion do.. " - DarrylS, 9/2/08