Welcome to PatsFans.com

To those whining about the fans

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by signbabybrady, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#24 Jersey
    We (being the fans) didnt play like crap. no crowd could have changed that. But also know its one game. I am as lost as anyone as to where we stand this year without Tom but one game does not a season make. Don't go anywhere folks there is still plenty to left to learn about this team, this QB, and this crowd.
  2. Brady to Brown

Brady to Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Its just to bad that some fans here on this board act like they are better fans than the rest of us. Its like they are the CIA protecting the President.

The Patriots are not perfect :eek:

There I said it. The CIA will be looking for me now. :eek:
  3. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#24 Jersey
    Bump because I think there is way way to much whining about the fans.

Nothing the fans did would have changed the outcome of the game. You people who like to whine and complain about the coorperate atmosphere at gillette like if you were there you would have been yelling loud enough to keep 38 points off the board. You need to get over yourselves you dont matter. You weren't good enough to play, apperantly you aren't good enough to attend and if you do attend you aren't a good enough fan to change the outcome of the game.
  4. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

No, there's not enough whining about the fans. Boo-ing after a team has won a record 21 straight regular season games is pathetic. Just beyond pathetic. It's like a bratty little kid who gets everything he wants for XMas every year and flips out the one year Santa didn't bring him his #1 item on his list. Of course the fans didn't affect outcome the game - if someone said that, they're taking it too far. But that's not what I'm talking about.

What would've been classy is if the Patriots fans stayed to the end and gave some support to the team that just won TWENTY ONE STRAIGHT REGULAR SEASON GAMES as the record streak game to an end. All streaks come to an end, and it should've been appreciated. Instead, thousands of spoiled little brats rushed for the exit b/c we couldn't win #22 without our team's best player. Sorry, there's no defense - the Patriots fans yesterday were an embarassment.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  5. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Totally agree....embarrassing and I think what it shows is that this team is REALLY NOT appreciated..spoiled brats..and then they also whine or stroke out in ridiculous anger... NO PERSPECTIVE at all...I agree!! (I did write about the spoiled fan two weehs ago before the Brady injury and I really think fans need to take a gew steps back and see what this team has done and will do in the future...instead of whining and/or silly threads or..a number of things. MANY of these so called fans would be long gone in past days..I KNOW that for a fact...)
  6. jeffbiologist

jeffbiologist Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I dont think you can say that our fans are bad. Take the same score on some other team....dont their fans take off early?? Now maybe we have been really over the top great fans in the past, but losing will back us back to average fans...no doubt about it. But to say our fans are BAD, simply not true. The honeymoon is over honey, I just gotta get home and get some sleep.....the dynasty is over guys, some of us just havent realized it yet.
  7. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +31 / 2 / -0

My Jersey:

The fans that were at the game yesterday, and they are HEAVILY represented on this board, don't deserve this team. Whether it changed the play of the players or not I don't care, but they can kindly get the fvck off of the bandwagon.
  8. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +31 / 2 / -0

My Jersey:

Don't let the door hit you on the ass.
  9. jeffbiologist

jeffbiologist Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I havent left and I dont plan on it anytime soon no matter what kind of a@@ tries to tell me to be a better fan. We can NEVER regulate fans, nor should we ever try to. It takes all types, and because I spoke up for them doesnt mean I am them. There is a difference.
  10. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

So the dynasty is over does that mean you are gone?? Frankly..the fanbase as it is could lose many..and it would be a blessing..numbers has nothing at all to do with quality..
  11. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Were you there??? If not, then where the fvck were you hotshot?
  12. fgssand

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

were you there??
  13. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#12 Jersey
    LOL classic reply.

People are way too sensitive towards this team sometimes. Yeah, there's alot of doom and gloom when things go bad and it can get over the top. But we're talking about booing here. They're not exactly trading in their fan passes. Just let it go people.
  14. Crowpointer

Crowpointer Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Geez I missed my first home game in 4 years and I come to find out everyone thinks the world is coming to an end because of some booing and fans leaving early. (For the record I was watching my daughter who was cheering for the Hingham 5th grade team as we smoked Scituate 28 -0. I was with my 7 year old son as well and we had a blast throwing the ball around beside the field and getting a hot dog and soda for $2.00 ! I really have to stop thinking of the world in Gillette stadium prices LOL) But I will defer to fgssand on this one. If you went to the game and were unhappy with the crowd that is one thing. But if you were unhappy watching it on your TV tough luck. The guys who were season ticket holders back to the Foxboro/Sullivan days will tell you the fans used to always boo and on blowouts they have always left early . I have to been to as many games in the last 18 years as anyone on this board but you know what I wasn't there yesterday and I am in no place to criticize . Save the "If I was there ..." stuff and go and buy a ticket instead.
  15. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#37 Jersey
    I don't mind booing near the end if folks wish to do it. Me, I wouldn't boo given what those selfsame players and coaches have given us but the choice is yours.

Here's what really pisses me off.

During the 1st 2nd and 3rd QTRS when we were still 'in the game' the so-called fans at the game as shown on TV were NOT making noise when the Pats D (however inept) were on the field. All I saw were TV shots of folks chatting or staring blankly at the field. PATHETIC. Way too many casual bandwagoneers at the games these days. Too many corporate pukes siting in corporate seats in the 100s.
  16. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +31 / 2 / -0

My Jersey:

What the fvck does that have to do with anything, hotshot?
  17. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

This whole debate is silly.

When players play badly they get booed - they expect that - they accept that.

Forgive my french but they're not fragile pu$$ies whose psyches can't take it when the fans - what sounded like a good portion of season ticket holders - booed them for a performance that they and the coach admit was well beneath them.

It's an insult to this team to suggest that they can't handle it or that fans shouldn't boo them when they play badly - that they need to have their sprits somehow lifted up when leaving the field at half time. "Nice try guys! A for effort!"

:rofl:

When did this "good fans don't boo" rule come about? I had hoped that the Boos at half time might have the potential to wake the team up and have them show some energy and passion that was lacking throughout the game. But obviously it didn't - and maybe the boos actually hurt some players feelings.

I thought the New England Patriots were tougher than that. Heck, I thought the New England Patriots fans were tougher than that.

Give me a break. I can't believe this is taking up multiple threads.
  18. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Don't worry. No one here has ever confused you with being a Patriots fan.
  19. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

When a team that has won 18 in a row and 21 consecutive regular season games and had the first undefeated 16 game season and won 6 Division championships and 4 Conference Championships and 3 World Championships in 7 seasons gets boo'd at home during their third game of a season coming off of back to back wins following the season ending to their HOF QB...

...their fanbase sucks. Anyone trying to argue against that is just rationalizing. Other fanbases may boo, Pat's fans may have deservedly in their first 41 years of the franchise's existence, but none has experienced what this decade's teams have given this ever expanding and increasingly unworthy collection of whiners.
  20. fgssand

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

If you weren't fvcking there then you have no clue who was booing, how loud the crowd really is or isn't. Why, after the game is decided, it might make sense to leave to get a jump on traffic.

Don't come in here and throw stones if you yourself do not even go, for whatever reason that may be. If you don't have enough time to go, i don;t care, your not there are you?? If you cannot afford to go, I feel bad, but i don;t care, your still not there. BUT, don't tell me how the crowd was, if you were not there.
  21. fgssand

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

It's all your fault..........
  22. jeffbiologist

jeffbiologist Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

So glad you can always be so posetive. Keep it up sport.
  23. BlitzFritz

BlitzFritz Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

First, I love this thread. I dont know why, it feels so defining and raw.

Second, I was at the game.

Third, I didnt boo or leave early.

Fourth, the team played TERRIBLE and I felt no animosity toward my fellow fans when they boo'd or left early. The Pats did NOT show up to win. They played like a junior college team against a third tier Dolphin team. Everyone there paid their money, drove in terrible traffic etc (brought their kids) to see some real entertainment. It was pathetic.

Fifth, I think our fan base is pretty good in general. We sell out. Long waiting list. We tailgate. We cheer, and wear our jerseys. We roadtrip to enemy territory for some games. We expect Excellence.

I think BB would have boo'd if he were a fan last Sunday too.
  24. Tyler.Durden

Tyler.Durden Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Fans= enjoy the good times, boo when times are no good.

Supporters= enjoy the good times and encourage during the bad times.

It's ok if you are a bandwagoner, but perhaps you should give your tickets to a supporter for the rest of the season.
  25. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

well said.

I understand the need to boo a team that sucks, but thats not the case. As Mo pointed out, we have alot to be thankful for. I think if the fans at the game were mad at the teams play, then leave. Which apparantly they did. Booing though, is a little much because of one bad game, especially given their history. But it is what it is.
  26. Squeeba

Squeeba Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

After reading this:
    Hobbs responds to Patriots fans - The Boston Globe

I just had to comment.

First off: this is Boston. Deal with it. If you want soulless cheerboxes: force a trade to K.C.

WTF does the team expect when they lay one of the most embarrassing eggs I have seen in a long time. Are we supposed to just cheer brainlessly when some of the worst football is being played since the Marion Butts days? All this 'they won 21 in a row" and "we were just in the Superbowl" talk is what it is...history. BB always preaches one game at a time and does not talk about the past unless it can help him win in the future. This was game 3 of the 2008/09 season (against a division foe no less) not part of some meaningless streak.

Now don't get me wrong, I was at the game Sunday and there were a fair share of pink hats booing in the first quarter and screaming for O'Connel. They are obviously clueless need to keep their pie hole shut.

But when the team that I love and support almost seems like they are not trying out there, don't give me a hard time when I have seen enough and leave in 4th qtr. during a blowout.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  27. PAPatsjunkie

PAPatsjunkie Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Get some perspective. Hobbs is right. How could you follow this team for more than the past 7 years and not be appreciate for what they have done? Just because they have a bad day does NOT mean they aren't trying out there. The booing was bad, but I was more pissed off at the fans leaving at the beginning of the 4th quarter. So Fvcking spoiled. I just hope this means I will actually be able to afford tickets in the future.
  28. Squeeba

Squeeba Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I am a season ticket holder and have been a fan for over 30 years so I have plenty of perspective. Have the Pats built themselves into some sort of sacred idol that we have to bow down to and accept what ever they put on the field? Don't dare look BB directly in the eyes! Really?!?

It comes down to you have to give the fans something to cheer about.

The Pats were horrible on Sunday and the true fans have every right to tell them so.
  29. nepatz11

nepatz11 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The reason I whine about the fans is this: (1) Statistics have shown that when a team gets a false start penalty on offense the odds of their drive not being a scoring drive go up significantly. That is a statistical fact. Crowd Noise clearly creates false starts and can therefore have a huge tangible impact on the game.

(2) Both communication and Time outs are an important part of football and noise hinders communication at the line and increases the liklihood of errors and wasted timeouts. Clearly having less timeouts is a disadvantage to a team

(3) This is more anecdotal but some players are intimidated by being on the road in intimidatign situations.

In regards to point 1 let me say that the Key penalty that may ultimately end the drive that might make the difference in the game may not be on a third down in the fourht quarter it may be on a first down in the first quarter. THAT IS WHY YOU MAKE AS MUCH NOISE AS YOU CAN EVERY PLAY WHEN YOUR TEAM IS ON DEFENSE FOR THE WHOLE GAME AND THEN MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO NOISE WHEN THEY ARE ON OFFENSE!

You are right to say that the crowd would not have prevented 38 points from being scored but what if the crowd made a ton of noise on the dolphins first scoring drive and got a false start and instead of converting a third down they came up 3 yrds short because of the penalty and then say Kevin Faulk returns the punt for a touchdown it is a different game. Who knows all I can say is it would have increased our chances.

Screw the "Ra Ra Sis Boom Ba" BS or the "Im a better fan than you" I think the crowd at Gillette sucks because they are irrational. They could potentially be statistically helping their team win and they choose not to. That is dumb if you are a fan of the team. End of discussion!
  30. Squeeba

Squeeba Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

If the fans as the 12th man was so important, then the Kraft's should have not built an open ended stadium. Even with the fans at their craziest, Gillette just is not built to keep the noise in.

The old Foxboro stadium was much louder.

I still don't care what anyone says, if your team is getting destroyed by one of the worst teams in the league, the last thing you should be doing is looking to blame the fans.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.