PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To those fans who booed

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those fans who booed I say GOOD FOR YOU. Nice to see the "real" football fans make their presence felt in Foxborough.
Since when do the Patriots play conservative and scared??

So I imagine you weren't one to call BB out on the infamous 4th and 2 last year?

At least one time, they were booing the play selection, not the players, specifically at the end of the half. I don't see the big deal with that. Whether the Pats made the right decision or not, whether the fans understood that or not, who cares? People complaining about the play calling here after games are doing the same thing as booing. Just another way of showing their displeasure, and the only way to do it at a game is to boo

It is NOT the same, because the players don't hear this forum during the game.

I was booing for a lot of reasons.. Dropped passes on 3rd down.. a few missed tackles.. And some of the play selections.. Its part of the benefits of being a season ticket holder for 20 years.. I cheer them when they do well and boo them when they aren't..

You are so cool. I wish I could be you. With the world revolving around you, how do you control the gravitational forces? I'd think that would make bathroom breaks difficult.

No more of a backbreaker than it would have been on the first drive of the 2nd half.

If you're too afraid your QB is going to throw an INT to try for a FG with 1:20 left from your own 20, you need a new QB.

Again, I really hope you didn't complain about the 4th and 2 last year.

So Joe, what's the difference between fans at the game who boo and fans in the game thread who quit on the team when they're down and pronounce them a second tier team?

Just askin someone who would know. Personally I think they are one in the same. And they live in glass houses...

Again, complaining on a forum has zero effect on the game. The crowd does have an effect on the game.

This.

I'm a customer. Its not my job to make Brady feel good. Its the team's job to win games and entertain me. When the team decided they weren't going to run a 2 minute drill with 1:20 left, that wasn't entertaining at all.

Its your job as a fan to question stuff like that.

You're half right. It's their job to WIN. <--- That is where the period goes. You are just some chump. Not a single person in the Patriots organization gives a flying elvis if you are entertained. They're about WINNING. Which I will point out, they have done VERY well in the last decade.

I really would hate to see you people who boo become a fan of a college team. When was the last time you went to a college game of any sport and saw the FANS booing their own team? Booing a ref? Heck ya. Booing the OTHER team? Of course. But their OWN team? Never. At least no team I've ever watched play.

Are you an NFL coach? How about an NFL player? Do you have a better record than BB? What gives you the right to second guess him and his clock management or play calling?

I've wanted to come to Gillette for a while, and I was planning on coming once I get back, but crap like this makes me not want to go.

Are you an NFL coach? How about an NFL player? Do you have a better record than BB? What gives you the right to second guess him and his clock management or play calling?

First off, thank you for your service, from the bottom of my heart.

Secondly ,because brave people like you put your lives on the line so that citizens and fans in our society can challenge and criticize ANYONE (even our "Dear Leader Belichick") when we see something wrong.

It's funny because I'm usually roundly criticized for being one of the biggest homers on this site - - but even I wouldn't EVER accept any action by our team or coach just because I have to.

As I mentioned, Gillette is not the Parliament chamber in Pyongyang. From my eyes (insert joke here), it seemed that the fans were not booing the team or BB in general, but were screaming a "WTF!!!!" while the seconds drizzled by until the timeout was actually called.

As I mentioned, Gillette is not the Parliament chamber in Pyongyang. From my eyes (insert joke here), it seemed that the fans were not booing the team or BB in general, but were screaming a "WTF!!!!" while the seconds drizzled by until the timeout was actually called.
First i highly doubt booing is going to affect Belichicks decision making.

Second booing at the game yesterday was not much different than the nitwits that were posting "Brady sucks", he folds under pressure, or we need a new coach, or "why can't BB and Kraft bring some real players in here", "we need to be like the Jets". Because thats what your really saying when your booing. I can see if they were dogging it, but they weren't. That's My interpretation.

Last edited:
First i highly doubt booing is going to affect Belichicks decision making.

Second booing at the game yesterday was not much different than the nitwits that were posting "Brady sucks", he folds under pressure, or we need a new coach, or "why can't BB and Kraft bring some real players in here", "we need to be like the Jets". Because thats what your really saying when your booing. I can see if they were dogging it, but they weren't. That's My interpretation.

Well your interpretation sucks and you have 0 perspective on the history and world of sports and fanatics.

Wow, so Belichick really screwed up in SB 36 by starting that last drive way too early with 1:12 left on the clock.

I get it, he shouldn't have let Brady throw it backed up in their territory, he should have had Antowain run into the middle to take off more time, say get it to 35 seconds or so.

Ya learn something new every day on this website!

Well put, I think that's the end of this argument.

Wow, so Belichick really screwed up in SB 36 by starting that last drive way too early with 1:12 left on the clock.

I get it, he shouldn't have let Brady throw it backed up in their territory, he should have had Antowain run into the middle to take off more time, say get it to 35 seconds or so.

Ya learn something new every day on this website!

Stick around, you'll learn some more, like the fact that Kurt Warner and the greatest show on earth weren't on the other side of the field.

You honestly believe the Patriots could have held Warner to three possessions in OT? Really? Come on?!!!

The fact that Belichick clearly was waiting to call timeout at a certain predetermined point should tell you EVERYTHING you need to know.

Not to mention that we're talking about the end of the half, and not the end of the Super Bowl in which the opposing team just put it 14 points in 2 minutes.

Once again, they weren't booing the TEAM.

They were booing Belichick for not trusting the 33 year old Brady at home in a regular season game in Gillette Stadium before the half as much as he trusted the 24 year old Brady in Super Bowl 36 deep in Patriot territory with the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Actually, I don't think that's it at all. I think he just lost track of the time and had a brainfart. He's human. The incredible explanation by Upstater1 that he meant to do it, because having the ball with 35 seconds left in the half is better than with 59 seconds, is ludicrous.

Did you even watch the game? Did you even see Belichick WAITING to call timeout?

Did you even watch the game? Did you even see Belichick WAITING to call timeout?

On WEEI today he said he thought about letting the half run out of time. Then he said he only called the timeout to make the guy punt (does that make any sense)...and then said he didn't call it earlier after the 3rd and 9 play because he wasn't sure if the Ravens were gonna go for it, on 4th and 5...

They were confused.

On WEEI today he said he thought about letting the half run out of time. Then he said he only called the timeout to make the guy punt (does that make any sense)...and then said he didn't call it earlier after the 3rd and 9 play because he wasn't sure if the Ravens were gonna go for it, on 4th and 5...

They were confused.

Well, at least that explains it.

They were confused.

Precisely.

Look, I think BB is the greatest coach who ever strode the earth. But he's a human being.

When Nantz and Simms question BB, you know it has to be a pretty big obvious screwup.

Stick around, you'll learn some more, like the fact that Kurt Warner and the greatest show on earth weren't on the other side of the field.

You honestly believe the Patriots could have held Warner to three possessions in OT? Really? Come on?!!!

The fact that Belichick clearly was waiting to call timeout at a certain predetermined point should tell you EVERYTHING you need to know.

Not to mention that we're talking about the end of the half, and not the end of the Super Bowl in which the opposing team just put it 14 points in 2 minutes.

You're making the mistaken assumption that I think it was wrong to let Brady throw it in SB 36 - - -patently untrue.

But letting a relatively untested backup QB with less than a full season of NFL starting experience and a gimpy ankle wing it starting from his own 18 yard line with a little over a minute left in the biggest pressure game of his life is FAR less risky than having a 33 year old give it a go before haltime at a regular season home game?

Even if the punt was a monster and was downed at the 3 yard line, the Pats could THEN just choose to do three knees to run out the last 58 seconds.

Please tell me what the big risk was?

Last edited:
You're making the mistaken assumption that I think it was wrong to let Brady throw it in SB 36 - - -patently untrue.

But letting a relatively untested backup QB with less than a full season of NFL starting experience and a gimpy ankle wing it starting from his own 18 yard line with a little over a minute left in the biggest pressure game of his life is FAR less risky than having a 33 year old give it a go before haltime at a regular season home game?

Even if the punt was a monster and was downed at the 3 yard line, the Pats could THEN just choose to do three knees to run out the last 58 seconds.

Please tell me what the big risk was?

Is this responding to what I wrote or someone else?

I don't see anything about risks. I'm not the one that wrote about the risk of interception. Someone else did. Nor did I say I thought you believed it was wrong for Brady to lead that drive against the rams. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out your post.

Mine was emphasizing that Belichick called that timeout by design. They even showed him on the sidelines. It wasn't a brainfart. He didn't even call the TO at the end of the 5 second clock. It was in the middle somewhere.

You pinkhats are embarrassing. You really are.

You're an idiot.

For the record, most people that boo are just drunk fools who are there to just get drunk. And don't really understand the details of the game of football.

It's idiotic to expect anything less than taking a knee with 30 seconds left in the half in a close game where the liklihood of them driving all the way down the field with the way the offense was sputtering in 30 seconds is extremely low.

Some people need to just shutup...

People that boo play selection or anything like that are just ignorant to be honest with you. Booing a player or something like that is different, but to be stupid enough to boo a very successful team for calling a play you don't like is dumb.

"I'm stupid and I don't understand the game of football and why it's smart to take a knee here. I'll just boo! BOOOOOOOOO"

Idiots.

And to those saying that people who don't boo aren't good football fans...What? And we're pinkhats? What? Get a clue you moron.

Precisely.

Look, I think BB is the greatest coach who ever strode the earth. But he's a human being.

When Nantz and Simms question BB, you know it has to be a pretty big obvious screwup.

LOL Now that's comical...

If he called time before the gutless Baltimore HC decided to punt on 4th and inches at midfield...he might not have. Then who's the knucklehead. He felt the FG was problematic because of the distance, the possibility that a low line drive kick attempting that distance might be blocked and because the winds were blowing across the field (which the guys in the booth probably didn't realize as someone at field level would...) as opposed to from behind the kicker at that point... And he knew he his offense was starting the second half with the ball at worst down 3.

This is EXACTLY the problem. It is not about the team winning. It isn't about the team at all.

It is all about YOU.

YOU must be entertained.
That's kind of the point. It's like saying, "I want to see a movie but I don't want to be entertained. But as long as it does really well at the box office and wins awards, then I'm happy".

Sorry, but this is the reality of a paying customer. It is "all about them".
Do the Pats a big favor and help the team win. Stay home.
That's probably not going to help either.

And on a side note, I don't think BB, Brady and the rest of the Pats had tears in their eyes as they walked off the field because of the boos. I highly doubt Brady needed a shoulder to cry on because the fans booed him.

I hope this doesn't surprise you, but they don't give a crap about what you think or how you feel.

Last edited:

If he called time before the gutless Baltimore HC decided to punt on 4th and inches at midfield...he might not have. Then who's the knucklehead. He felt the FG was problematic because of the distance, the possibility that a low line drive kick attempting that distance might be blocked and because the winds were blowing across the field (which the guys in the booth probably didn't realize as someone at field level would...) as opposed to from behind the kicker at that point... And he knew he his offense was starting the second half with the ball at worst down 3.

BB's exact words almost to a tee on the Big Show this afternoon...the wind blowing cross was the cincher.

According to NFL.com, It had been 3rd and 9. Baltimore picked up 4 yards, leaving it at 4th and 5, not 4th and inches.

Not sure why you're bringing up the 2nd half. People were upset that they had an opportunity to score some points at the end of the 1st half, and chose not to take it. It doesn't matter that they got the ball at the start of the 2nd half. If they scored on back-to-back drives the pressure would be on the Ravens, but since it appeared that they chose not to compete, that was impossible. Hell, in the Buffalo game they got the ball back at the end of the 1st half with 24 seconds left and they moved the ball and got a field goal. They could've tried...

But based on what I heard on WEEI, it's not that they chose not to compete, it's that they were confused...and for that I can forgive them. It just better not happen again...

I was at the game. The crowd was great throughout, and really cranked up the noise on 3rd downs for the Ravens. However, I was embarrassed when the booed. I don't remember exactly, but I think we were within our own 30 with about 40 or so seconds left. We had struggled to move the ball all game. What do they think is going to happen, Belichick will whip out the "March 50 yards in 40 second against the Ravens" gameplan? I trust Hoodie 100%, and so should the fans.

They did the right thing. Unless you were in a coma for most of the first half you saw that giving the offense the ball back inside their own 15 was NOT a good idea, even if you had a full minute. Going into half down by 3 and getting the ball to begin the 2nd half despite major struggles on offense we were having to that point, I'll take it anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back