PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TO seemed ticked off

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Just showed on ESPN, he seemed ticked off when asked about facing the best team in football , responded-"best team in football ?both teams are 5-0"
Went on to say "we will play the way we are capable of playing, no one will come and dictate us the way we play"

Lot of 'disrespect' being thrown around on dallas by consistently calling the pats the best and they are eating it up.
Man i loved the days when no one gave us a chance. This is new territory to handle :confused:

I think Reiss should counter this by going around the locker room and asking the Pats players what they think about playing the best team in the NFL.

I dunno, we will know more next week. But I can say this, TO has to hold onto a pass that hits him between the 8 and 1 before he thinks he deserves the same respect as Moss.

I dunno, we will know more next week. But I can say this, TO has to hold onto a pass that hits him between the 8 and 1 before he thinks he deserves the same respect as Moss.

he wasnt speaking for him and moss, both teams in general.

Did anybody see good ole TO proclaim that the boys were "America's Team" last night?

Someone will say that it is just a nickname that has been around for a long time, but we all know that it is meant to make the opposition feel that they are somehow not as good as the mighty cowboys.

America's team. Think about it. Would Tedy ever say something like this? It is way over the top if you ask me. Each year is different. "You ain't America's team" was probably whispered by quite a few football players last night and I would imagine that some of them might even play for the pats.

TO shouldn't talk. The guy isn't even a top 15 receiver anymore. Did you see all those drops last night?

TO shouldn't talk. The guy isn't even a top 15 receiver anymore. Did you see all those drops last night?

And who are these 15 better receivers?

Randy Moss
TJ Housmazilli
Marvin Harrison
Reggie Wayne
Chad Johnson
Andre Johnson
Bernard Berrian
Deion Branch
Laverneus Coles
Javon Walker
Larry Fitz
Anquan Bolden

Theres 12 Wrs Id take before TO, just off the top, without much thought.

Thinking... Hines Ward, Plexiglass (toss up)....and one more.. Santana Moss. Thats 15.

Last edited:
Randy Moss
TJ Housmazilli
Marvin Harrison
Reggie Wayne
Chad Johnson
Andre Johnson
Bernard Berrian
Deion Branch
Laverneus Coles
Javon Walker
Larry Fitz
Anquan Bolden

Thinking... Hines Ward, Plexiglass (toss up)....and one more.. Santana Moss. Thats 15.

Steve Smith and Torry Holt

Randy Moss
TJ Housmazilli
Marvin Harrison
Reggie Wayne
Chad Johnson
Andre Johnson
Bernard Berrian
Deion Branch
Laverneus Coles
Javon Walker
Larry Fitz
Anquan Bolden

WR's at Owens level:

Moss
Harrison
Chad Johnson (maybe)

That's all of them. 3 Total and you forgot to put one of them on your list. None of the others on your list are even close. It's possible that I've missed one, but I doubt it.

Not counting Ted Ginn, Jr., of course....

Steve Smith and Torry Holt

Ahh.... Steve Smith. There's another one up there with Owens. Holt would have been on the list 2 years ago, but not anymore.

So, that's 4 if you include Chad Johnson.

And again, not counting Ted Ginn, Jr.

Last edited:
None of those guys have dropped balls the way TO did last year and last night. Sorry...I stick to me story. TO is way overrated and a cancer.

None of those guys have dropped balls the way TO did last year and last night. Sorry...I stick to me story. TO is way overrated and a cancer.

The question wasn't who your most favoritest WR in the whole wide world might be. The question is about who's the best, and Owens is right up at the top of the list, well above players like Branch, Coles, S. Moss, etc...

For goodness' sakes, Branch and Coles together couldn't hold Owens' jock.

Last edited:
Did anybody see good ole TO proclaim that the boys were "America's Team" last night?

Someone will say that it is just a nickname that has been around for a long time, but we all know that it is meant to make the opposition feel that they are somehow not as good as the mighty cowboys.

America's team. Think about it. Would Tedy ever say something like this? It is way over the top if you ask me. Each year is different. "You ain't America's team" was probably whispered by quite a few football players last night and I would imagine that some of them might even play for the pats.
Like it or not, the Boys will always be America's Team. Not NE, not the Colts, The Boys. Sucks, doesn't it?

Like it or not, the Boys will always be America's Team. Not NE, not the Colts, The Boys. Sucks, doesn't it?

No it doesn't suck. WHo the hell cares?

The question wasn't who your most favoritest WR in the whole wide world might be. The question is about who's the best, and Owens is right up at the top of the list, well above players like Branch, Coles, S. Moss, etc...

No, you simply have a woody for an overpaid underachieving wideout. Truth is that TO hasnt ranked in the top ten in the past 3 years. And for good reason...he talks the talk but rarely walks the walk.

So, "whos the bestest" is relevant only in that sense. Now, I'll admit that some of those Wrs were less productive, but as football players...Id still take S Moss over that slug TO. You dont see Branch with TO alligator arms.

WR's at Owens level:

Moss
Harrison
Chad Johnson (maybe)

That's all of them. 3 Total and you forgot to put one of them on your list. None of the others on your list are even close. It's possible that I've missed one, but I doubt it.

Not counting Ted Ginn, Jr., of course....

Your kidding. You WAY OVER RATE TO. Fitzgerald and Bolden SMOKE Owens by a long shot in talent, dependibility and as team mates. TO's act alone downgrades anything he does on the field. Did you see him pouting half the time last night? Way to go team mate!!!

Randy Moss
TJ Housmazilli
Marvin Harrison
Reggie Wayne
Chad Johnson
Andre Johnson

All EASILY better than TO. Ok Holt you say no longer but what are you basing TO's performance on? He has led the league in DROPS the last few years...kind of important that a receiver holds onto the ball.

The Cards have no running game have normally had poor pass protection and their receivers always get double coverage due to the piss poor running game. If you have EVER scene a Cards game (which you apparently never have, yet spout off with all knowing football knowledge) You would know these guys make the Cards QBs look good by grabbing and HOLDING ONTO the ball if it is in the same zip code and are tough as nails. They do this on a totally inept team yet TO is better??? Please....

Oh I loved reading jerry Jones lips last night after TO dropped the 2 point conversion last night. They panned to the owners booth and Jerry is saying "He dropped it? He dropped it? G*ddammit!" Shame he got bailed out by the rest of his team as he dropped several game clinchers last night...but he is one of the best right? NONE of the receivers on this list DROP passes like TO...NONE.

At least they can hold onto their jock...TO keeps dropping his.....

We'll see who has more grabs this Sunday. TO or Wes Welker.

:rocker:

Ted Ginn is a stud...Ill give you that.:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes