PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To Score Or Not To Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulThePat

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Just interested to hear people's thoughts on what teams should do when in a big lead late and on the opposing goalline i.e. what we were last night inside 2 minutes. I get what Bill is doing and I've heard him comment before that by running all 4 downs he is giving the other team a chance to stop us. He feels if anything even kicking the three is running up the score. All that said there is still something unsatisfying about not making use of such a great position on the field.

To be honest I don't give a rats ass what other teams think. Everyone hates us anyway. I like nothing more than to see the scoreboard ticking in the Pats favour. For me I would have liked to see Bill call for the FG instead of running it on 4th. The game is about scoring. As soon as we're stuffed the Raiders are throwing bombs, scoring a TD and going for two. They clearly didn't feel like it was time to stop scoring. Why should we ? Players put bodies on the line every play and I see nothing wrong in going for more points.

Yes, we won and it was a great road win in a tough environment. Just a tad frustrating to leave points out there.

Last edited:
I stuffed that feeling post game amidst the flurry of "we bad..defense bad..all is lost!!!" Chicken Littlekamakaze posts but THAT really did irk me also....he does this, as we've seen,almost every time when this situation arises in a season.I'm sorry but this isn't the Little Girls Of St Mary field hockey team out there playing us....take every point you can get until the 60 minutes expire. Anybody think the Raiders would do what he did if the situation was reversed??? Hell no....

I think he was also giving his offense a chance to prove they could pound it in, because a time will come when they have to...and they didn't. I think it was the right thing to do. 3 points are meaningless there and job one is to at least run down the clock and pin your opponent to the goal line.

I think he was also giving his offense a chance to prove they could pound it in, because a time will come when they have to...and they didn't
Fair point Mo. Just feel that if we needed to score in that situation we would be unlikely to run four times up the gut. We don't need to as we have other weapons. I see what you're saying but the good play by Ridley deserved to be capped with at least three.

I just thought it was a case of not wanting anything wild to happen. Blocked field goal returned for a TD or an INT, just typical BB situational football. Running it 4 times there was the percentage play imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back