PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To other team fans wanting asteriks and such...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ****** thread are you reading? Read all the posts before making yourself look stupid.

its in somebody's signature wise guy I am not here to bash you so stop bashing me thank you and have a great day!

Most other fans don't have a clue what they are talking about and are just reacting out of jealousy. They are lashing out with whatever they can grasp onto.

Frankly, what they think is meaningless. All that matters is the wins and the jewelry.

Wins and Jewelry...couldn't agree more.

This issue is no longer about what the patriots did on the field (or from the camera location) - IMHO. This has now become about what Commissioner Good Deal did in the first place.

"Spygate" probably would never have been as big of an issue had he just opened up the vault, released the tapes to the media, and been as stringent with his punishment on Belichick as he was on Wade Philips of the cowboys - fans probably wouldn't have blinked an eye at it...but Good Deal left the doors wide open for his integrity to be questioned.

This issue is no longer about what the patriots did on the field (or from the camera location) - IMHO. This has now become about what Commissioner Good Deal did in the first place.

"Spygate" probably would never have been as big of an issue had he just opened up the vault, released the tapes to the media, and been as stringent with his punishment on Belichick as he was on Wade Philips of the cowboys - fans probably wouldn't have blinked an eye at it...but Good Deal left the doors wide open for his integrity to be questioned.

As has already been mentioned, it wasn't Wade Phillips.

First of all, one of the tapes was made public - shown on Fox by Jay Glazer before week 2, IIRC. It showed the same things as the last batch of tapes viewd at the Walsh hearing. Hand signals, pan to down and distance, pan back to play. Repeat.

Second, I have seen the "what was on those tapes" speculation hundreds of times. Okay, what are you guessing - or should I say hoping - is on those tapes that is different from what we have seen? I keep on hearing "they must show more" and "they must be worse", but in what way? More cheerleaders? Obviously none of us know for sure, but what, for example, do you think may have been on those tapes that is so much "worse"? Rather than generalize with "they must have been worse" I would love to hear a couple specifics of examples of what you think was on those destroyed tapes.

In my opinion, if there is something "worse" on those tapes then this is it: evidence of other teams using a camera man to do the same thing.

no one will be taking back anything , but the pats have forever been tarnished in most other fans minds

you're just going to have to deal with it, accept it, and move on

welcome to shawne merriman's world ladies haha

your post assumes we care what you think.

Your calling Eli Manning a joke but the guy did win a superbowl against your beloved Patriots!

Um, are you "special"? in the quoted text he said nothing of Eli Manning. Oh Trent Dilfer and Peyton Manning have also won one SB, so your point is...?

Seriously, do you really care if other people try to de-legitimize the Patriots' achievements? I really don't care. People wanting to put an asterick next to the Pats' achievements doesn't take anything away from me. I may argue with them about it, but most of the people crying cheer for teams without even one Super Bowl.

Any rational person will know that videotaping defensive signals weren't the reason the Pats won their Super Bowls especially since it was their defense that carried them for the most part those seasons.

If it wasn't this, they would have tried to find another way to tear down the Pats' achievements. For years, you would hear how the Pats were lucky or Kraft paid off the refs.

I've gotten to the point where I love bringing up the Patriots when I travel for my job. Man, do I love just smiling in people's faces when their hatred rears its ugly head.

I usually just end up saying "no matter what you or other fans think, there never will be any asterisks on the Pats. And no matter how much you hate the Patriots, Belichik & Brady, they're gonna keep kicking your teams ascan...so get used to it"

Then I just put on a big 'ol shyt eating grin and watch their face.:D

the asterik for non Pats fans is a lot like the old "1940" chant folks used to do against the Rangers. Its just away for opposing fans to get under the skin of a Rival or team they don't care for. If a non Pats fan starts jawing with a Pats fan and the non-Pats fan is losing the argument "well you cheated" will always come out now, true or false, it won't matter. The response could be either "You're just jealous" or a long argument about how "spygate" was a farse. Won't matter to the Non-Pats fan, they go their dig in by busting out the "asterik"

Plus as a non-Pats fan, its kind of fun to come up with all kinds of things to associate with cheating and the Pats, I mean, even if it isn't true, it gets to be funny. Picking on the Raiders isn't so much fun now that they are down, and the Browns and Bengals, come on, that's like picking on the slow kid in class. Now picking on the Pats, as a Steelers fan, knowing the Pats have had our number lately, well its fun for us. Once we start winning the series again, then the picking on will stop and we'll just go to smack talk.

Nothing to be Jealous of here yet, You still need 3 SB wins before I get jealous.

I found this "evidence" lurking on another board. Only click on the link if you really, really want to see it. I didn't want to start a thread just for it, so I figured it kind of fit here. But you have been warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntw7G7enxEk

"I found this "evidence" lurking on another board. Only click on the link if you really, really want to see it. I didn't want to start a thread just for it, so I figured it kind of fit here. But you have been warned."

The only "evidence" on that link is that you are a douchebag, but I'm sure you already know that you ****ing stool sample...............

"I found this "evidence" lurking on another board. Only click on the link if you really, really want to see it. I didn't want to start a thread just for it, so I figured it kind of fit here. But you have been warned."

The only "evidence" on that link is that you are a douchebag, but I'm sure you already know that you ****ing stool sample...............

Take a pill. Do you always take life so seriously or are you just mad that you got rolled? It's not like you weren't warned. :scared:

Take a pill. Do you always take life so seriously or are you just mad that you got rolled? It's not like you weren't warned. :scared:

Anyone who wastes the time of Patsfans.com members with stupidity like your link should be banned from this board.

Mods, please either ban this man of give him a warning for his "little kid" behavior. He's obviously amusing his simple mind. He's definately a couple of cards short in a game of 3 card stud.

I guess QM couldn't quite figure out that "pranks" just waste our time. It has nothing to do with taking "life" too seriously. What you should take seriously is the short-circut in your brain that told you this was acceptable behavior on this site.

Just a "warning"...it is not acceptable kid.

Last edited:
Anyone who wastes the time of Patsfans.com members with stupidity like your link should be banned from this board.

Mods, please either ban this man of give him a warning for his "little kid" behavior. He's obviously amusing his simple mind. He's definately a couple of cards short in a game of 3 card stud.

I guess QM couldn't quite figure out that "pranks" just waste our time. It has nothing to do with taking "life" too seriously. What you should take seriously is the short-circut in your brain that told you this was acceptable behavior on this site.

Just a "warning"...it is not acceptable kid.

Are you serious? Getting Rick Rolled is bannable? It's the freaking off season, take a step back and relax.

"Take a pill. Do you always take life so seriously or are you just mad that you got rolled? It's not like you weren't warned."

No assclown, I read what TripleOption wrote about getting "Rick Rolled', so I didn't bother to click on the link.

Sorry, I'm not as stupid as you are.

Last edited:
to visiting fans from other teams .i would like to welcome you by saying go f-ck yourself and kiss my smelly ass lmao

to visiting fans from other teams .i would like to welcome you by saying go f-ck yourself and kiss my smelly ass lmao

Heh, ya. I figured everyone was tired of talking about all this crap and what better way to end this thread than a good ole Rick Rollin'.

No thanks but I will go fck my own mother and let her kiss my ass...

wait...that wasn't as insulting as I'd have liked...my mom is going to be so pssed I said that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back