Welcome to PatsFans.com

To other team fans wanting asteriks and such...

Discussion in 'Visiting Locker Room' started by blackglass3, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I posted this on PFT, and am going to put it here, and on ESPN when I can. I am looking for an honest answer from some on, not a "OMG U liek the *pats U have n0 integrity!!~!!" answer, like I tend to see.

Mods, if it needs to be merged into something else, please feel free.

And everyone blathering about taking back Lombardi’s, can I ask how you propose to do that? Will they recall all of the Super Bowl DVD’s and clothing items? Will I have to turn over my 3X Super Bowl Champs liscence plate holder to the nearest police department? Does Goodell have a Huey fly him to Foxboro with armed guards to physically remove the trophies from 1 Patriot Place? Do we all have to get memory implants like Johnny Mnemonic so we think the Rams, Panthers, and Eagles are Super Bowl winners?
    Last edited: May 9, 2008
  2. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

My Jersey:

they won't do anything to our lombardis if anything comes out of Tuesday's meeting. moreover, they can't put an asterisk next to us either. They'd have to do that for every NFL team that has cheated during a super bowl winning season.
  3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Troll baiting threads have a forum here - the visitors locker room.

If what jealous morons want to think or say about this team matters that much to you. If you can't find sufficient interaction with them on generic media boards, please don't be so selfish as to antagonize them into moving here here. We have enough issues to deal with amongst ourselves...
  4. blackglass3

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I am not trying to "troll bait" anyone. If that is where this thread belongs, I would like it moved there. I didn't know and I can't move it now.
  5. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

Seriously, do you really care if other people try to de-legitimize the Patriots' achievements? I really don't care. People wanting to put an asterick next to the Pats' achievements doesn't take anything away from me. I may argue with them about it, but most of the people crying cheer for teams without even one Super Bowl.

Any rational person will know that videotaping defensive signals weren't the reason the Pats won their Super Bowls especially since it was their defense that carried them for the most part those seasons.

If it wasn't this, they would have tried to find another way to tear down the Pats' achievements. For years, you would hear how the Pats were lucky or Kraft paid off the refs.
  6. #56300ex

#56300ex Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

"Does Goodell have a Howitzer fly him to Foxboro with armed guards to physically remove the trophies from 1 Patriot Place?"

I understand where you're coming from, but you might want to correct your statement before you send it all over the place. A howitzer is a gun. Maybe you're thinking Harrier?
  7. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -2

My Jersey:

although a well placed howitzer in Rat/Jetdell's posterior wouldn't exactly be frowned upon by THIS Joker
  8. blackglass3

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Thanks, I feel dumb. I was actually thinking of a Huey, like Apocalypse Now.
  9. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Or they could put him on a mortar and sail across the ocean....
  10. LuthierJr

LuthierJr Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I's plain jealousy. envy, hate, whatever.... They whine cause they are overmatched in every respect. The Jets* do it loudest cause they are our green headed step child, and will be for the next decade.

* - Can't beat the Patriots so they have to look for any excuse to knock the patriots accomplishments down a rung to make themselves feel slightly better.
  11. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

no one will be taking back anything , but the pats have forever been tarnished in most other fans minds

you're just going to have to deal with it, accept it, and move on

welcome to shawne merriman's world ladies haha
  12. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +31 / 2 / -0

My Jersey:

I don't know about you but I don't think logistical reasons are the best ones to cite when arguing that the Pats won't have their trophies taken back. It's the principle of the thing you should focus on.
  13. TripleOption

TripleOption Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Most other fans don't have a clue what they are talking about and are just reacting out of jealousy. They are lashing out with whatever they can grasp onto.

Frankly, what they think is meaningless. All that matters is the wins and the jewelry.
  14. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

then why do pats fans seem to care?
  15. TripleOption

TripleOption Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

We hate stupid people?
  16. chech1965

chech1965 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

They can try....but not before they walk into Mile High stadium and take back those two Lombardis...

:cool2:
  17. flutiemagic

flutiemagic Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Your calling Eli Manning a joke but the guy did win a superbowl against your beloved Patriots!
  18. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

What the **** are you reading?
  19. flutiemagic

flutiemagic Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

i am not hating on your team but somebody said eli manning was terrible and he did lead the giants to the superbowl victory. Props to the patriots though for going 16 and 0 that is amazing!
  20. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

What ****** thread are you reading? Read all the posts before making yourself look stupid.
  21. flutiemagic

flutiemagic Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

its in somebody's signature wise guy I am not here to bash you so stop bashing me thank you and have a great day!
  22. Dino 6 Rings

Dino 6 Rings Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Wins and Jewelry...couldn't agree more.
  23. stlrtruck

stlrtruck Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

This issue is no longer about what the patriots did on the field (or from the camera location) - IMHO. This has now become about what Commissioner Good Deal did in the first place.

"Spygate" probably would never have been as big of an issue had he just opened up the vault, released the tapes to the media, and been as stringent with his punishment on Belichick as he was on Wade Philips of the cowboys - fans probably wouldn't have blinked an eye at it...but Good Deal left the doors wide open for his integrity to be questioned.
  24. Rossmci90

Rossmci90 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

As has already been mentioned, it wasn't Wade Phillips.
  25. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

First of all, one of the tapes was made public - shown on Fox by Jay Glazer before week 2, IIRC. It showed the same things as the last batch of tapes viewd at the Walsh hearing. Hand signals, pan to down and distance, pan back to play. Repeat.

Second, I have seen the "what was on those tapes" speculation hundreds of times. Okay, what are you guessing - or should I say hoping - is on those tapes that is different from what we have seen? I keep on hearing "they must show more" and "they must be worse", but in what way? More cheerleaders? Obviously none of us know for sure, but what, for example, do you think may have been on those tapes that is so much "worse"? Rather than generalize with "they must have been worse" I would love to hear a couple specifics of examples of what you think was on those destroyed tapes.

In my opinion, if there is something "worse" on those tapes then this is it: evidence of other teams using a camera man to do the same thing.
  26. castlelong1

castlelong1 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

your post assumes we care what you think.
  27. castlelong1

castlelong1 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Um, are you "special"? in the quoted text he said nothing of Eli Manning. Oh Trent Dilfer and Peyton Manning have also won one SB, so your point is...?
  28. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

My Jersey:

I've gotten to the point where I love bringing up the Patriots when I travel for my job. Man, do I love just smiling in people's faces when their hatred rears its ugly head.

I usually just end up saying "no matter what you or other fans think, there never will be any asterisks on the Pats. And no matter how much you hate the Patriots, Belichik & Brady, they're gonna keep kicking your teams ascan...so get used to it"

Then I just put on a big 'ol shyt eating grin and watch their face.:D
  29. Dino 6 Rings

Dino 6 Rings Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

the asterik for non Pats fans is a lot like the old "1940" chant folks used to do against the Rangers. Its just away for opposing fans to get under the skin of a Rival or team they don't care for. If a non Pats fan starts jawing with a Pats fan and the non-Pats fan is losing the argument "well you cheated" will always come out now, true or false, it won't matter. The response could be either "You're just jealous" or a long argument about how "spygate" was a farse. Won't matter to the Non-Pats fan, they go their dig in by busting out the "asterik"

Plus as a non-Pats fan, its kind of fun to come up with all kinds of things to associate with cheating and the Pats, I mean, even if it isn't true, it gets to be funny. Picking on the Raiders isn't so much fun now that they are down, and the Browns and Bengals, come on, that's like picking on the slow kid in class. Now picking on the Pats, as a Steelers fan, knowing the Pats have had our number lately, well its fun for us. Once we start winning the series again, then the picking on will stop and we'll just go to smack talk.

Nothing to be Jealous of here yet, You still need 3 SB wins before I get jealous.
  30. questionman

questionman Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I found this "evidence" lurking on another board. Only click on the link if you really, really want to see it. I didn't want to start a thread just for it, so I figured it kind of fit here. But you have been warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntw7G7enxEk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.