PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TO/Moulds + rookie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Something I wouldn't rule out would be the Pats signing someone like TO or Moulds for not too much for just one year, and have them as the #1/#2 with Branch and then they pick a rookie in the first or maybe 2nd round to be the #3 and groom a bit. Then next year he takes over as #2 and we have Branch and the rook.

drew4008 said:
Something I wouldn't rule out would be the Pats signing someone like TO or Moulds for not too much for just one year, and have them as the #1/#2 with Branch and then they pick a rookie in the first or maybe 2nd round to be the #3 and groom a bit. Then next year he takes over as #2 and we have Branch and the rook.

I'm not sure why you put TO and Moulds in the same sentence.

drew4008 said:
Signing T.O. seems unlikely, although Moulds is a possibility. On the subject of drafting, I would rather wait until next year to draft. Maybe we'll land the likes of Ted Ginn, Steve Smith (USC, not Panthers), Jeff Samardzija or Steve Breaston, who will all go in the first or second round. I would vastly prefer this to draft this year because it isn't strong enough for wide receivers in this draft to draft someone in the 1st round or even 2nd round.

Last edited:
Samardzija is a junior an not coming out. I would take Stovall from ND. He is a big, strong, physical wide reciever wide exceptional hands.

Boston Boxer said:
Samardzija is a junior an not coming out. I would take Stovall from ND. He is a big, strong, physical wide reciever wide exceptional hands.
That's why he said next year to all those names.

If he's as good a pitcher as his coaches claim, then I'd be shocked if he comes out next year.

Moulds is interesting. He wants to win and he still has the skills. He has no one to pitch him the ball right now in Buffalo so if he was cooperative from a contract standpoint, I would not mind seeing him in a Pats uniform next year. While he is a short term solution, he is an upgrade over Brown or Dwight.

i'm pretty sure moulds has indicated that he would like to finish his career in Buffalo (right there you know he's not smart enough for the Pats), so i think he's out of the question....

i don't think BB will go after Terrell Owens, but if I were TO, I'd go after the Pats. I think there are only three or four QB's that could live up to TOs expectations (one of them would soon dissappoint TO with his frequent trips to the PRO BOWL and EARLY exits from the playoffs). Brady is at the top of the list. Brady needs a BIG WR like he needs voice-over lessons. I think the two were made for each other on the field. A properly structured contract and a little more maturity may keep things smooth until the Superbowls roll in. TO needs team success to satisfy his opinion of himself. If he were to go after the Pats, it might give BB cause for consideration.

drpatriot said:
Signing T.O. seems unlikely, although Moulds is a possibility. On the subject of drafting, I would rather wait until next year to draft. Maybe we'll land the likes of Ted Ginn, Steve Smith (USC, not Panthers), Jeff Samardzija or Steve Breaston, who will all go in the first or second round. I would vastly prefer this to draft this year because it isn't strong enough for wide receivers in this draft to draft someone in the 1st round or even 2nd round.

No way Breaston goes in the first round. I love Steve and all, but he's not that great a receiver. He's a playmaker for sure, and would be a late round steal for a slot receiver/KR/PR. Same with Ginn. Breaston has more agility and quickness than Ginn, but Ginn has deadly straight on speed. Neither of those guys are first round material IMO.

drew4008 said:
That's why he said next year to all those names.

yup, just re read his post

Foxboro would be a match made in he** for TO. Brady spreads the ball around. He doesn't go to just one man. You may argue that he doesn't have anyone to go to, but I'd think that would be inaccurate.

TO would not get a good stat line here, and thus, would become a royal pain, in the locker room, and no doubt the media.

JUST SAY NO!

ayjackson said:
i'm pretty sure moulds has indicated that he would like to finish his career in Buffalo (right there you know he's not smart enough for the Pats), so i think he's out of the question....

FWIW.

I live in Bills territory. Word is, unless Moulds take a huge pay cut, he'll be cut. He's scheduled to count almost $11M against the Bills cap for the upcoming season and it doesn't appear as though the Bills will re-do his contract and ammortize any more cap $ into future years for an aging Moulds.

Moulds has expressed plenty of displeasure with Bills management of late. Probably the result of being stuck on a doormat team as he has for the past decade. He has stated numerous times that he wants to play on a team that can win him a super bowl ring. Reading between the lines, it's highly doubtful he had the current incarnation of the Bills in mind when he made these remarks.

Bobs My Uncle said:
FWIW.

I live in Bills territory. Word is, unless Moulds take a huge pay cut, he'll be cut. He's scheduled to count almost $11M against the Bills cap for the upcoming season and it doesn't appear as though the Bills will re-do his contract and ammortize any more cap $ into future years for an aging Moulds.

Moulds has expressed plenty of displeasure with Bills management of late. Probably the result of being stuck on a doormat team as he has for the past decade. He has stated numerous times that he wants to play on a team that can win him a super bowl ring. Reading between the lines, it's highly doubtful he had the current incarnation of the Bills in mind when he made these remarks.

sounds like a classic bb success story.

Moulds would be a great addition as a #2, IMO. He may have lost a step, but he always gets open and probably has a couple of years left in a possession role. Reminds me of Ricky Proehl. Perfect bridge while a rookie develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back