PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To Huddle or Not to Huddle, that is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to pass the time a little bit so ..
I read something about the Hawks running game doing really well in the second half vs the first half of
games. Why, because they say the opposing Dline guys get tired and that's when Lynch gets going.

So it seems a way to counter that would be to somehow keep our Dline guys from getting too tired. Right?
The more time they have to rest between defensive stands the better they will be it the second half.
So if the offense takes as much time as possible between downs that would give the Defense more time to rest.
One set of downs= about 3-5mins (4 x 40 + commercial time?)
and say each additional set of downs adds about 2 mins ave. ( set may end on 1st 2nd or 3rd down)

But then again if the no huddle is working and is better at sustaining drives that might give the D more time to rest?
Of course the D can help it's self by getting lots of 3 and outs.
Maybe it doesn't matter??
Does the no Huddle even give the PATs an advantage with the Seahawks?
I think it might because their interior Dline doesn't have much depth from what I read.
So the no huddle, if it can sustain drives, would wear down their only good interior Dline guys.
Any thoughts here besides I should find something else to pass the time :)?

I think a mix is good, couple plays hurry couple don't, one thing I wouldn't want to do is give the Seattle offense too much time on the field. If you find you can sustain drives without the hurry up I would huddle, I think that's what they will do. If they get behind or have to match points then I see the fast paced offense running.

I think a mix is good, couple plays hurry couple don't, one thing I wouldn't want to do is give the Seattle offense too much time on the field. If you find you can sustain drives without the hurry up I would huddle, I think that's what they will do. If they get behind or have to match points then I see the fast paced offense running.

good thoughts. so situation dictates when to go mostly fast pace no huddle.

SEA runs more than 1/2 the time up the middle...while Chris Jones is not a run stopper, the fact that VW, Sig, and Branch and he can rotate and stay fresh is huge. In addition,on the outside, Jones, Nink can be subbed for Ayers, Collins and HT

I think that kind of positional flexibility gives the offense an advantage.

With that said, I don't think SEA has that kind of depth on the d-line...not like last year when they could send guys out in waves.

I think we will be "deceptive" and mix up the speeds to add another thing the SEA defense needs to mentally think about.

I know one thing for sure, for the Pats to win Brady is the key, no matter how good the guys are around him or how bad they are Brady has to have absolutely the best game of his career. I'm convinced of this. I don't mean yards or TD's specifically but just solid football play. If he isn't that good they will not win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back