PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To get traction, other team fans have to join us (open letter to Goodell 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Until other teams are also whacked or fear being whacked, I'm afraid not much will happen.

But take a look at this.

An Open Letter to Roger Goodell – From the Bird’s Nest

So, you had already taken a sledgehammer to one of my ankles before last night. You used everything in your power (and we found out you have wayyyyyyy too much of that) to cripple the New Orleans Saints’ franchise. And, to this day, we’re still waiting to see the mountain of evidence that proves the Saints had a “bounty program,” which is now being called “pay for performance.” We, here in Louisiana, call it a sham.

No, until we see that evidence, we can only assume your motive was, well, the same as when a dog nuzzles himself.

You did it because you could.

So, as Saints fans, we’ve had to watch a rudderless ship get tossed about. No head coach. No interim head coach.

And, after three games, no wins.

(....incompetent officiating....)

I won’t watch the NFL. Not Sunday afternoon, not Sunday night. Not Monday night, and not Thursday night.

I never thought I’d see the day when I would say this…..but you’ve made the NFL totally and completely unwatchable.

And, I’m not going to be subjected to it any more.

Good luck with that. We can't even get any traction within the Patriot fanbase. Most of them seem to think the best way to support Brady is to buy more merchandise and watch/listen to more programming.
That's definitely going to sway them to change course, right?

My point is not enough fan bases are angry like us - yet.

It would be a game changer.

Forget the letters and keep supporting blackouts/boycotts like the one Ian started for tonights draft. The only way the NFL and Kraft are going to listen is if it starts to cost them money.

His blog posting history makes it clear he didn't adhere to his self-imposed boycott. Of course, it's pretty tough to boycott the NFL when you host a sports radio program, which makes his "I won't watch!" proclamation all the more silly.

My point is not enough fan bases are angry like us - yet.

It would be a game changer.

And my point is, even among the Pats fan base, even among those who are angry, most of them will either not change their consumption habits, or they will increase their consumption. I view it as a lost cause, personally.

How many of us cared during Bountygate? I looked into it enough to know it was BS, and I still barely cared. We can't reasonably expect fans of other teams to care more than we did when it wasn't our team on the chopping block.

Didn't Woody get fined a couple 100k for "tampering" with Revis?

If so, sign me up.

The responses demonstrate why Goodell gets away with it - as long as fans don't care for any team but their own, Goodell can goon up on any given team. Divide and conquer. But Goodell has alienated more and more thru the years, so there is hope. It won't be easy, but historically anyone that has someone over a barrel eventually loses. It could happen at the fan level, amongst the owners, some combination.

Didn't Woody get fined a couple 100k for "tampering" with Revis?

If so, sign me up.
#givebackthe100k! What a horrible penalty that was completely in line with other tampering charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes