PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

To be a PATS fan you may need thick skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
When we saw BB give details and explanations of what happened many thought this
would set the media straight and now a viable explanation would be broadcast on all news
shows covering this topic.
Yes there were some, but there are many that referenced BB's conference but then had one guest
speaker with a negative slant on what BB said.
They do not balance that with someone with a positive slant on what BB said.
It really irritates me but I am coming to a point where I believe I just can not let
these people get under my skin. These people are just broadcasting what will get and
hold as many viewers as possible.

Now during the week leading to the Super Bowl, AH will go to court and opening statements
will be made. Reporters are already talking up the AH - PATS connection. Is the timing of
this court appearance a coincidence? I am just not sure it is.

JR, as one of the original people who had a full melt down and survived, I think you are right on the money. If you are a fan of 31 other football teams the truth doesn't matter. You will hold on to any potential negativity and ignore the rest. Why should we think it would be any different. Do you honestly believe that if this happened to the Jets or Ravens, we wouldn't be harping on every negative aspect of the story with bemused glee? Of course we would.

We all know fans of other teams who know spygate was an overblown crock, but do you thing they'd pass up the chance to drive the smug, spoiled and self satisfied Pats fan nuts, when all they know they have to do is mention spygate and cheater in the same sentence and watch us go into full blown defense mode. And these aren't the haters. They are the ones who are just playing with us.

Besides there are always going to STILL be the haters who don't really care about the facts. They just want to pile on and be the bullies in an area where most of the teams they follow teams are the equivalent of nerds. Remember we have become a nation that reveres the tearing down of icons much more than building them up. And it doesn't take much. Never has 2 psi of air pressure (which btw is hardly enough to inflate a ****) generated such a furor. One of my favorite NPR shows had 2 segments on it this week. NPR, for godsake!

So its not going away. Perceptions are NOT going to either fair or just. The amazing thing that is constantly being ignored, is that outside of the fact 11 balls had 2 pounds less than they should have in ideal conditions, there is not a SINGLE thing that can point to the Pats doing anything wrong. Not one.

The only bright light I see coming from this, from my mind, is that I think FINALLY the Pats have drawn a line in the sand. They are not going to stand by and allow the Goodell and his cabal to dictate how this is going to be perceived. I don't this that anything less than TOTAL vindication by the league is going to be acceptable by Kraft and BB, and to F how the league is going to look to ESPN and the rest of the haters.

Last edited:
This stuff actually doesn't bother me anymore. I disagree about the Hernandez trial timing being more than a coincidence, but the media and fans are out to bury Belichick.

The Browns are being investigated for a management staff member texting the sidelines during a game and questioning the play calling. Yet, barely a word from the national media. Yet, you can argue this allegation is worse than Spygate and Deflategate combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back